Asad needs to pine for Zoya.

xxDaydreameRxx thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Okay, I know a lot of people are completely hating on this turn of events, devestated in fact, but let's calm down and see the bigger picture here - from our and the PH's point of view. I think in this whole thing, the only thing that really does not make sense to me at all, is all the emphasis on the one million rasams and the stretch of this ten day challenge thingy for a whole month, if a wedding was simply not on the cards. Not even a hate marriage.  But put that aside, there is still one thing, the only thing actually, that stops me from completely hating this track and that is the title of my post: Asad needs to pine for Zoya.

Yes, we got to the confession stage but do you guys not remember Asad's words? The confessions he practised in his room. Summarize them and you get the following idea: I expected someone else but I got you instead. My mind and PRINCIPLES tell me that you are wrong for me but my heart does not agree. Am I the only one that cringed that day? Not to mention the We-Are-Different rant. He took her for granted. 

I am not saying that he doesn't love her at all. That is not true. It's there. But only now will it mature and only after she leaves will he realize her true value, because until now he has never experienced REAL pain... The kind of pain Zoya experienced the day he ran past her and took Tanveer in his arms instead. Past few days, his growing respect for Zoya, the decision to gift her that sleeveless dress, it made me believe that his love was maturing and that too without any tragedy. Slowly but surely, Asad was showing that he loves Zoya in the true sense. But with the turn of events, the same thing will happen, but with a lot of pain. But what's love without a little heartache? After all...

"It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace."

~Chuck Palahniuk

The PH did not want to give us a half-baked love story. So let us not feel so low. Just think of the pure bliss that Asad will feel when he will finally get Zoya. That's the day when he will stop counting their differences and his heart, body, and logic will all want her. 
Edited by xxDaydreameRxx - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-khaleesi- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I completely agree. ðŸ˜Š AsYa's relationship needs to mature and get intense before they get married. Also an element of blind belief is needed from Asad's side. Ajmer is gonna give us just that. 😉 Here's hoping!
xxDaydreameRxx thumbnail

Thank you! 😊
xxDaydreameRxx thumbnail

Originally posted by: fairy2013

I completely agree. ðŸ˜Š AsYa's relationship needs to mature and get intense before they get married. Also an element of blind belief is needed from Asad's side. Ajmer is gonna give us just that. 😉 Here's hoping!

I'm happy someone else agrees with me 😉
And OMG, this Ajmer track has been floating around the forum since forever...I really really hope that we all will not be disappointed! And that Asad stops believing in Tanveer and starts believing in Zoe ... it's about time she gets what she deserves :)
Tv_wale_babu thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
I'm glad you made this post! Another thing I want to point out is that not only will his love mature, he will also realize that things are not always black and white - that there are so many shades of grey! This will allow him to accept her in all her ways and his Abu as well to some extent
Nutella. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
You are not right for me. We are different. Haila, my Desi Darcy 😳 😳

The man is going to go through enough self-loathing and guilt as it is. More than him pining for Zoya, I want to see the strengthening love and trust. I want Zoya to become his crutch and take him out of his misery. Of course, we must give her time to think rationally. Her reaction is only natural. This is the redemption I want from Asad; Zoya's constant live and trust should be an ever present reminder of how he never trusted her the way she should've been trusted. I want him to change for her (as Darcy did for Elizabeth).
xxDaydreameRxx thumbnail

Originally posted by: ws12

I'm glad you made this post! Another thing I want to point out is that not only will his love mature, he will also realize that things are not always black and white - that there are so many shades of grey! This will allow him to accept her in all her ways and his Abu as well to some extent

Thank you! 😊 And I agree with your addition... It's true he only sees black and white. Like he has a character sketch of what fits under good and whats under bad. It's evident in the difference in the way he behaves with Tanveer and Zoya ..With Tanveer, because she is in the "good" category, anything that happens - whether she lied or something mishappen like today (which he believes wasn't her fault), he is still always understanding and accepting. However with Zoya, he seldom cares about her intentions. Like after Ayaan and Humeira's engagement, he stated to her plainly that he did not care what she intended to do, it ended up wrong and that is reason enough for him to burst at her. I hope like you said, some day he will completely accept Zoya with her ways - her carefreeness or carelessness - whatever you wish to call it. :)
raneeb thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Another positive way to look at this whole sordidness! Thankyou!
xxDaydreameRxx thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Jazzy-

You are not right for me. We are different. Haila, my Desi Darcy 😳 😳

The man is going to go through enough self-loathing and guilt as it is. More than him pining for Zoya, I want to see the strengthening love and trust. I want Zoya to become his crutch and take him out of his misery. Of course, we must give her time to think rationally. Her reaction is only natural. This is the redemption I want from Asad; Zoya's constant live and trust should be an ever present reminder of how he never trusted her the way she should've been trusted. I want him to change for her (as Darcy did for Elizabeth).

This really brought a smile on my face... actually I think I am simply in love with the idea of him depending on her at all. Today when Zoya was shouting at him, it just reminded me of all the times she had to suffer like that because he never trusted her and I guess all I really want is for Zoya to get a man who is completely devoted to her, who values and trusts her.
Darcy ...its funny you would mention him. Actually I finally got Pride and Prejudice from the library but its been sitting untouched for quite a few days. Maybe this is a sign I should finally read it! 🤔
xxDaydreameRxx thumbnail

Originally posted by: ranz

Another positive way to look at this whole sordidness! Thankyou!

Ahaa..You're welcome 😉