Rules & Announcements

India-Forums.com- Participation Guidelines & Rules (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 35

princessunara

IF-Stunnerz

princessunara

Posted: 21 June 2013 at 4:19pm | IP Logged
Good to get a clear idea. Thanks for the descriptive post cz i myself wasn't aware of some of these :)

I specially am glad to have these new ones as far as I think!! Seriously needed! We r here to show we love something/someone and its always better to have a conductive atmosphere to do it without anyone telling us we love a celeb/s too much, cz it is indeed not a crime to love a celebrity!
Sleepy

Celebrity Slander : We understand that you are not going to be a fan of all celebrities but that does not allow anyone to resort to name calling .We do not want anyone riling up fans of particular celebrities and hence making the section a warzone.  Don't mock fans as it's not a crime to love a celebrity and do not be sarcastic and pass it off as humor.

Moral Policing:  Moral policing by members in any forum will NOT be tolerated. It only leads to unnecessary instigation/arguments.  The section Dev Team Members will do the needful when a situation arises.  Members are to simply abide by the rules and not preach others. If you should come across an abusive topic please contact the development team, rather than taking matters in your own hands. You can contact the Development team by either reporting the post in question and filling out what the issue is, or by sending a PM with a link to the thread containing a few sentences of what the issue.  When reporting the issues make sure you use the hierarchy. Viewbies are to be contacted first and then then up the ladder Moderators to Channel Moderators to Global Moderator and the Admin.

Criticism :  We repeat this time and again that we allow Criticism . You are free to show displeasure, contradict, disagree and criticize the show and its characters. However there is a fine line between these actions and bashing. Direct hurls or targeting people/show with the intention to humiliate and disgrace is what is not allowed.

But I also have one issue.
For the past many days there were many PMs me and some friends kept for higher DT. They have NOT yet been read
I know it must be hard but the titles were regarding something important and we were very clear on what we reported and it was an issue of MIDs.

And till now the PMs have not been opened. Hope that can be sorted out soon.

Also if there was a place where we could clearly post any ID we suppose is a MID would be great as long as action would be immediately taken by ANY DT member across forums for that thing.

Edited by princessunara - 21 June 2013 at 4:30pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Wisemancrazy4KASH_ARGodhuliLogon

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "India-Forums.com- Participation Guidelines & Rules (Page 6)" in Rules & Announcements forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

DangerouslySafe

IF-Sizzlerz

DangerouslySafe

Posted: 21 June 2013 at 4:26pm | IP Logged
Sir,
Thank you so much for the post.
Could you please explain as to why the fans get away with everything and anything? 
They bash members left and right. When someone opens up a topic criticising the celeb that they love, they make it a war zone and eventually the topic gets closed. so pretty much the forum has only the topics abt their celeb worshipping.
As you said, we cannot love all the celebs. So yes, we criticse some and we love some. But this excessive fangiri is annoying.
There are a number of topics being repeated on the same celeb...worshipping, heaping praises. Example: I saw 3 topics on the JDJ forum on the same performance... praising the celeb.
 They fill up the forum with their worship and if anyone dare say anything slightly negative about the celeb, they are called names like dogs, haters, bashers and what not.

I sincerely hope that you will be unbiased and take the appropriate actionin this regard.

Edited by T1ddlyW1nks - 21 June 2013 at 4:27pm

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

coolpixieRJ2012Miss CherieWisemaniria_luvsLindorfatima15-BreezyGirl-LadyDabanggsscomp32shewolf.-Chandramukhi-FreshDaisySamraat_92-RohitMaxwell-

.SmokeySilence.

Coolbie

.SmokeySilence.

JAJ, PLL Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 21 June 2013 at 4:27pm | IP Logged

Thank you for the post and much needed. Thanks for the personal attack and moral policing rules. hope the personal attacks will be dealt immediately and please take severe action for those who directly starts name calling or cursing the members family, upbringing, physical attributes etc simply because they criticize their fab celebs. and please do something about obsessive fans and not saying its a crime to like any celebs but obsessed fangirls come and create problems in even a good post and start harassing others etc and thus the mess is created.
hope the rules are implemented well. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Wiseman

Wiseman

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 21 June 2013 at 4:29pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

RJ2012coolpixiefatima15rini_katMiss Cherie..Comrade4eva..chacha_chaudhriiria_luvsLindorDangerouslySafeLadyDabanggsscomp32shewolf.-Chandramukhi-Pentaminous._dkmystery_Samraat_92-RohitMaxwell-

nneeiill

IF-Sizzlerz

nneeiill

Posted: 21 June 2013 at 4:58pm | IP Logged
The  need of the hour is unbiased and strict moderation and rest everything will fall in place.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Wisemansscomp32

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 21 June 2013 at 4:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Aimz-

Originally posted by vijay

Originally posted by -Aimz-

Aren't you contradicting yourself on the "We allow freedom of speech" part when you say we can not discuss the DT? I believe it's our right to voice our point of views and gather others' opinions if we feel there is something wrong with the system. Even countries allow the citizens to come forward and have peaceful protests. So obviously if the members have an issue regarding the system, we definitely will bring it up and PLEASE, instead of thrashing our posts in the future, man up and reply to them and clarify your side of the coin.

Well there is no contradiction and that rule is more to avoid one. 

Well most of the time it has been noticed that it becomes like a "targetted bashing" topic instead of staying "objective" this is the reason we do not allow such topics.

One can always PM the higher DTs if a viewbie or the moderators not taking sufficient action against members who are not following the rules.

What if the problem is with the Higher DTs themselves, lol? Then is it okay for us to publicly question the system if necessary? I'm guessing not, because whenever any question is raised, all you do is close the post altogether wihtout any reply. You can not blame us for thinking that the allegations which are sometimes put against the system and those running it are actually true...because that's right, the admin runs away like a chicken instead of sorting out the matter.

Well again the rules are the same that you cannot discuss it on forums and for higher DT (including me) simply PM me about it.

Regarding your second point where topics are closed without giving a reason I would like to only say that it was due to lack of time and less active DT during that time. Much of the points had already been made in my earlier Cyber Bullying GA and inspite of that some members continued being on the offensive side so we had to just close it as there were plenty which had to be dealt with in limited time.

And some of the topics has been deleted / trashed cause they were just created to instigate other members / fan groups and was being done by a group in a consorted manner to disrupt and create unrest in the forum.

I hope I answered your query.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Wisemannneeiillprincessunara

nikita_88

IF-Stunnerz

nikita_88

Posted: 21 June 2013 at 5:04pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the new rules... 

I will believe them when I see the correct course of action taken... Fans have made me hate actors and actresses I have loved cause they can't take critism when I see these people have warning levels will I believe that this rules actually have been applied well... 

Simple thing I have learnt of IF be part of forums where only 20 members are active... At least your honestly will be apperciated... 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

TheGadaboutrini_katiria_luvsLindorDangerouslySafenneeiill

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 21 June 2013 at 5:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Wiseman

If a member can't criticize a celebrity and personally attacked for that, that's unacceptable. 

Every celebrity is open for all public for liking, disliking, criticism... Freedom of speech must prevail. No forum can ever legally restrict that. 

Under Indian law, the freedom of speech and of the press do not confer an absolute right to express one's thoughts freely. There are several restrictions which prohibits making indecent / immoral / defamatory speeches.

Regards,

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

happygoluckyWisemannneeiillprincessunara

Post Reply New Post

Go to top