Rules & Announcements

India-Forums.com- Participation Guidelines & Rules (Page 33)

Post Reply New Post

Page 33 of 35

Rishi_

Goldie

Rishi_

Posted: 05 July 2013 at 6:53am | IP Logged
there should be an election of moderators.

only those who are supported by ladder groups like us should be made mod.

friends and relatives of existing mods should not be made mod just because they have influence.

why not allow common members to elect their mods?

just like you have banner contests where we vote similarly mods should be elected.

if mods cross their line and become partial then they should be immediately removed if many members protest.

please do implement these rules as well in your form mr.vijay.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Purva-Olive_Rose

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "India-Forums.com- Participation Guidelines & Rules (Page 33)" in Rules & Announcements forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

tulipbaby53

IF-Stunnerz

tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 05 July 2013 at 7:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by petticoat

well the system fails when mods do dadagiri..

ive never understood in all these years on how IF selects their DT.. the best sucker rules?

goodluck implementing them.

Most people became apart of the Dev Team by making friends with other Dev Team members who will recommend them to becoming Viewbies or Coolbies. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Rishi_-Purva-Olive_Rose-vandy-

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 05 July 2013 at 9:50pm | IP Logged
In defense of the DT, this is a completely voluntary and thankless job. There really is no monetary reward. The only reason to be a moderator is because you are into something. Usually on IF it ends up being a TV show, a celebrity or something of the ilk.

In my personal opinion, no person intentionally sets out to boss people or push their weight around. This normally happens on IF because
- They are young and immature and really don't know how to handle responsibility. A teenager whose never really had a proper job cannot honestly be expected to be mature and responsible, especially on an online forum. When you give power to kids, there will be attitude and hiccups.
- Sometimes they are just human and have a like/dislike and strong subjective opinion and act upon it. So intentionally/unintentionally they end up pushing people around or being incapable of seeing a different point of view.

There are only two ways to bypass this, as I have been saying in previous posts.
- Hire paid professional neutral moderators to implement rules as Vijay sees fit
- Eliminate all subjective, fuzzy rules. Ignore all childish silly issues like "bashing" and "explicit" and focus on clear cut legally defined rules - no po*nography, no legal slander, no stalking or harassment, no call to violence or illegal activities. Screw the rest.

But uptil now Vijay has been completely ignoring my repeated questions on how he manages to handle the subjectivity. Until he explains himself and the objective enforcement of subjective rules, I come up with the following options
- He doesn't give a damn. He's like f-u bitches. I'm the boss man, I run the forum how I want and you annoying whiners need to just STFU.
or
- He's just a dimwit nincompoop who is actually incapable of answering difficult but valid questions
or
- There is another contrived run around in circles excuse hidden up his sleeve we havent heard yet.

I'm actually tempted to open a poll on what are Vijay's excuses for incompetence and inability to answer questions. LOL

And just to make it clear, I'm not breaking any rules. I'm just stumped and confused as to why Vijay isn't answering questions. All he has to do is clear the air.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

*Dev.*coolpixie-Aimz--Purva-Olive_Roseshewolf.spicySugar..lazyleavespetticoat-Jwalamukhi-tulipbaby53

lazyleaves

IF-Stunnerz

lazyleaves

Posted: 06 July 2013 at 12:02am | IP Logged
As far as I know, you become a coolbie first (I don't know how that happens but they are powerless!) And then you got to be active on a particular forum you wish to Moderate by actively participating on that forum by intiating games, threads, contests, etc. And then you become a cool viewbie (That pink colour one) and then slowly and steadily become a Viewbie, Super Viewbie, Moderator, Channel Moderator, Global Moderator and if you wish to be collectively cursed then the admin too :D

tulipbaby53

IF-Stunnerz

tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 06 July 2013 at 7:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

There are only two ways to bypass this, as I have been saying in previous posts.
- Hire paid professional neutral moderators to implement rules as Vijay sees fit
- Eliminate all subjective, fuzzy rules. Ignore all childish silly issues like "bashing" and "explicit" and focus on clear cut legally defined rules - no po*nography, no legal slander, no stalking or harassment, no call to violence or illegal activities. Screw the rest.

But uptil now Vijay has been completely ignoring my repeated questions on how he manages to handle the subjectivity. Until he explains himself and the objective enforcement of subjective rules, I come up with the following options
- He doesn't give a damn. He's like f-u bitches. I'm the boss man, I run the forum how I want and you annoying whiners need to just STFU.
or
- He's just a dimwit nincompoop who is actually incapable of answering difficult but valid questions
or
- There is another contrived run around in circles excuse hidden up his sleeve we havent heard yet.

@RED: I agree that being a part of the Dev Team is a really tough job and giving power to teenagers who cannot handle it can lead to immature usage of their power. That is why there needs to be a minimum age when allowing people to become apart of the Dev Team. The problem though with that is, most people have created false ages on their accounts, so how does one verify it? I think the best thing to do is to hire like 7 or 8 people (like you have mentioned) who will enforce his standards on what is po*nographic and explicit. 

@ BLUE: You've definitely summed up all the reasons he's ignoring your constant asking. I think there's another reason though too because he was initially answering your questions: He does not have a solution to the problems you have raised.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Purva-

angellllmathuuu

angellllmathuuu

Posted: 07 July 2013 at 1:39am | IP Logged

hi ,
welcome to this forum site here, u can find lots of things i suggest you for your problem you have to contact to your friends and others and at a time i m not able to give u answer i m sorry for that
[url= http://way2like.com/lgs-optimus-g-pro-upcoming-in-market-at-rs-42500/] LG's Optimus G Pro [/url]

nidha1983

IF-Sizzlerz

nidha1983

Posted: 07 July 2013 at 9:10am | IP Logged
Really Gud rules IF need them Vijay Bhaiya 

open

Groupbie

open

Posted: 08 July 2013 at 4:51am | IP Logged
Thanks alot for the rules. Please could u arrange an interview of harshiya or anupriya kapoor as we fans have been MISSING her a lot. Thank you very much.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top