Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

India-Forums

|Jodha Akbar Episode Discussion & Live Updates Thrd #1 (Page 3)

Autumn_Rose IF-Sizzlerz
Autumn_Rose
Autumn_Rose

Posted: 20 June 2013 at 1:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ...Poojie...

Just now watched the show...here is my review..

Ok..I found the praising of Jodha by the security guard bit out of place... I didn't think those guards were noticing jodha...they were busy fighting away the rajput guards and the women were running away and hiding...

Out of place.. naah lame. 

The show is welcome change but Prithviraj Chauhan by Sagars was simply awesome and had a different feel to it. Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

....Poojie....

....Poojie.... IF-Stunnerz
....Poojie....
....Poojie....

Posted: 20 June 2013 at 1:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

I feel Rajat should tone down his expressions a bit.. don't want to be portrayed psycho king rather than cruel...

I agree with you on this...and I think this is more the writer's and director's responsibility about how they execute a scene...Akbar is definitely coming across as more PSYCHO than ruthless...more often than not his scenes cross the line from ruthless to psycho given his eccentric, bizarre behavior and constant smirk...he also seems to have a slightly deranged look in his eyes...they need to tone this stuff down.

@bold: totally agree with you.. yesterday when jodha's monologue was going on...akbar's random evil smirk being repeatedly shown made no sense to me.. they need to use it effectively when it is needed ..not like this.. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

BhaDinAreYaar

....Poojie....
....Poojie....

Posted: 20 June 2013 at 1:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by BreezeStar

Just now watched the show...here is my review..

Ok..I found the praising of Jodha by the security guard bit out of place... I didn't think those guards were noticing jodha...they were busy fighting away the rajput guards and the women were running away and hiding...

Out of place.. naah lame. 

The show is welcome change but Prithviraj Chauhan by Sagars was simply awesome and had a different feel to it. Smile

U can call it lame too..I just meant it didn't fit in well at all...I just rolled my eyes when the guard was going on about her..and how her beauty distracted the guards Sleepy

Prithviraj Chauhan was indeed fab..I loved Rajat and became his fan... but I guess characterization is also important..you can't make the lead hero soo negative that the audience don't connect to it.. hope cvs keep that in mind..

AreYaar

....Poojie....
....Poojie....

Posted: 20 June 2013 at 1:40pm | IP Logged

I found today's epi somewhat uncomfortable to watch for Akbar's scenes...there is a fine line to be walked if they are trying to show him as a twisted and ruthless man.

The fact that he actually was about to abduct and possibly rape a woman today just left a pretty bad taste in my mouth. 

Yes, later on his mocking the husband who turned out to be a coward choosing his own life over saving his wife's izzat was correct...but his objectification of the woman and torturing her with the knife was quite OTT...ruthlessness can be established without such over the top scenes also, just my opinion.

Also I think the editing needs to be fixed...Rajat is a good actor but the editing makes it look like Akbar is always in the same twisted smirky mode regardless of what's going on...the flow should be handled better.

I didn't get Bairam Khan's bangle/baby logic either but whatever.

The Mughal sainik going gaga over Jodha's beauty was hilariously over the top...clearly subtlety is NOT Ekta's forte...and never will be...and I don't get how a woman's "beauty" can defeat an army of 50 soldiers :S...but whatever.

I guess JA aren't going to meet this week...tomorrow's epi also looks like it will go on with strategies on both the part of the Rajputs and Akbar to defeat each other.

@bold: sooo true..I was rolling my eyes Sleepy

AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Addictz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 20 June 2013 at 1:40pm | IP Logged

@bold: totally agree with you.. yesterday when jodha's monologue was going on...akbar's random evil smirk being repeatedly shown made no sense to me.. they need to use it effectively when it is needed ..not like this.. 

Exactly...if they used his evil smirk sparingly, it would be much more effective.

The editing is quite bad...this obsession they have with randomly throwing in shots of Akbar when Jodha's monologue is going on or Jodha's mother is thinking about the prophecy...it just looks weird...like in today's epi they were showing shots of Akbar in his blue outfit during one of the Jodha scenes in Amer when the voiceover was saying something about history choosing these two to rewrite India's history or something...then a minute later they switch to a scene in the tent when Akbar is back in his bronze/brown outfit getting his feet washed by some servant...so the back and forth like this ends up being jarring and lacking flow.

I know this is Ekta so there isn't much point expecting great production values...but I hope the editing improves somewhat atleastConfused

Also not to compare but the production values of Maharana Pratap are so much better...the outfits of the queens in that show look like clothes worthy of queens...in this show Jodha and the rest of the outfits of the women of Amer look like they were choried from the wardrobe of Anandi of BV...ConfusedLOL...SHE looks more royal than the princess Jodha of this showConfusedLOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Khush-....Poojie....

AreYaar IF-Addictz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 20 June 2013 at 1:46pm | IP Logged

U can call it lame too..I just meant it didn't fit in well at all...I just rolled my eyes when the guard was going on about her..and how her beauty distracted the guards Sleepy

Prithviraj Chauhan was indeed fab..I loved Rajat and became his fan... but I guess characterization is also important..you can't make the lead hero soo negative that the audience don't connect to it.. hope cvs keep that in mind..

I also liked Rajat's acting in PRC...I do understand that Akbar's character is very different from PRC and not heroic in the same way so I'm not exactly expecting that either...but Ekta's tendency to go overboard in showing her "grey" heroes is not suiting Akbar...

I wonder if it's a stereotype that the Mughals are being shown psycho in both the shows on air currently...even the main antagonist in Maharana Pratap...Shamz Khan...is shown as a deranged psycho guy.

Again I'll say...there is a difference b/w psycho and ruthless...Ekta is pushing the line too much and at this point Akbar is acting more creepy than ruthless...while the latter might still be impressive in terms of characterization, creepy just makes the audience uncomfortable...I hope they cut down on showing his psycho behavior. ...I also have serious doubts that the average audience will be able to connect to this especially when everyone is still in the hangover of Hrithik's version of Akbar.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

BhaDin-Khush-....Poojie....

....Poojie....
....Poojie....

Posted: 20 June 2013 at 1:48pm | IP Logged

Exactly...if they used his evil smirk sparingly, it would be much more effective.

The editing is quite bad...this obsession they have with randomly throwing in shots of Akbar when Jodha's monologue is going on or Jodha's mother is thinking about the prophecy...it just looks weird...like in today's epi they were showing shots of Akbar in his blue outfit during one of the Jodha scenes in Amer when the voiceover was saying something about history choosing these two to rewrite India's history or something...then a minute later they switch to a scene in the tent when Akbar is back in his bronze/brown outfit getting his feet washed by some servant...so the back and forth like this ends up being jarring and lacking flow.

I know this is Ekta so there isn't much point expecting great production values...but I hope the editing improves somewhat atleastConfused

Also not to compare but the production values of Maharana Pratap are so much better...the outfits of the queens in that show look like clothes worthy of queens...in this show Jodha and the rest of the outfits of the women of Amer look like they were choried from the wardrobe of Anandi of BV...ConfusedLOL...SHE looks more royal than the princess Jodha of this showConfusedLOL

True..I thought it is ok in the first episode to use random shots cause the narration was taking us to a certain point from where the story will begin..but not now...it doesn't work...it needs to flow nicely...editing deffo needs work... 

I have been hearing a lot of nice things about Maharana Pratap but I don't watch it hence can't comment..but I am sure it will have better production values.. 

LOL..also I found amer fort a bit modern as well.. the corridor shots when jodha was introduced looked modern to me.. 
....Poojie....
....Poojie....

Posted: 20 June 2013 at 1:54pm | IP Logged

I also liked Rajat's acting in PRC...I do understand that Akbar's character is very different from PRC and not heroic in the same way so I'm not exactly expecting that either...but Ekta's tendency to go overboard in showing her "grey" heroes is not suiting Akbar...

I wonder if it's a stereotype that the Mughals are being shown psycho in both the shows on air currently...even the main antagonist in Maharana Pratap...Shamz Khan...is shown as a deranged psycho guy.

Again I'll say...there is a difference b/w psycho and ruthless...Ekta is pushing the line too much and at this point Akbar is acting more creepy than ruthless...while the latter might still be impressive in terms of characterization, creepy just makes the audience uncomfortable...I hope they cut down on showing his psycho behavior. ...I also have serious doubts that the average audience will be able to connect to this especially when everyone is still in the hangover of Hrithik's version of Akbar.

Yes ..PRC was a hero..hence people warmed up to him easily... but Akbar does have grey shades ...however here..it is turning black.. people might have difficulties accepting it ...True..my image of Akbar is also that of Hrithik's portrayal.. I actually watched the movie this morning TongueLOL..anyways.. when the promo came out of Akbar saying he wants Jodha in place of Amer..I was like this is not how I read and how I saw in the movie..Confused...they are making Akbar unnecessarilynegative..

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Jodha Akbar Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index