RAANJHANAA REVIEWS (Page 76)

Post Reply New Post

Page 76 of 150

harshu.sundas

IF-Stunnerz

harshu.sundas

Posted: 29 June 2013 at 1:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by WhiteNights.

Oh yeah, I too want to watch but then again as I said earlier, I am not sure if I want to watch Dhanush with any other actress...yet. I am so into Dhanush-Sonam atm.
We get DVDs with English subtitles, maybe you could watch those. Don't know if anything like this is available online. I cant understand Tamil that much so even i would need subtitles.

ohh yeah d pairing..
i dont usually ship jodis u know..
but this one i was thinking dat, hw beutiful they looked, i just cant get kundan-zoya out of my head..
wish we cud get them in another film soon..Cry
even Dhanush said, dat he wud love to work wid donam, if he had 2 choose 4m bw actresses.. he really is fond of her..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-WhiteNights.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "RAANJHANAA REVIEWS (Page 76)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

harshu.sundas

IF-Stunnerz

harshu.sundas

Posted: 29 June 2013 at 1:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Swetha-

Originally posted by harshu.sundas

Hi harshu. I understand very little. Why did you ask?
u can call me sundas..
i asked, to know that did u watch dhanush's tamil films ?.. i read about d films, and they seem very good, and nw when his new film maryan will release, i wanted to watch it, but alas, i donno understand tamil..
so bad luck.. i wish i wudnt watch Ranjhaana, and wudnt be eager to watch more of his work..
i have watched Dhanush's most of tamil movies .. n he is an awesome actor Clap
he emotes so well with his eyes .. Clap

I'm looking forward to Maryan movie release .. next month ... Tongue

swetha, plss pm me nw.. i wana talk to u its important..Angry.. wais etou i see u in HC FCs also...ROFL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

WhiteNights.

IF-Dazzler

WhiteNights.

Posted: 29 June 2013 at 1:33am | IP Logged
I do ship a few jodis and these two are at the top right now. Actually after a long long time I have experienced this madness for a jodi.
I know Lol actually that was so funny the way he kept insisting on 'Sonam' with that nod of his head for every question asked by Omar. aww sweet.

-Swetha-

-Swetha-

Coolbie

-Swetha-

Posted: 29 June 2013 at 1:33am | IP Logged

u can call me sundas..
i asked, to know that did u watch dhanush's tamil films ?.. i read about d films, and they seem very good, and nw when his new film maryan will release, i wanted to watch it, but alas, i donno understand tamil..
so bad luck.. i wish i wudnt watch Ranjhaana, and wudnt be eager to watch more of his work..

swetha, plss pm me nw.. i wana talk to u its important..Angry.. wais etou i see u in HC FCs also...ROFL
hi Sundas ... Tongue
What should i write in PM ? ConfusedLOL

Yeah .. u see me in HC FC also .. coz i like HC & KKK from LRL days .. Smile

P.S I'm a tamilian ..Smile n i don't like watching tamil movies so much ... LOL
i watch only those tamil movies which get good reviews / praise .. Smile

nneeiill

IF-Sizzlerz

nneeiill

Posted: 29 June 2013 at 1:38am | IP Logged

Does 'Raanjhanaa' glorify stalking?

Mumbai Mirror | Jun 29, 2013, 01.06 AM IST

By Shobhaa De How to be a chick ...And other life lessons from she who knows better

So...everybody is going ga-ga over a movie about a demented stalker harrowing an innocent victim, and calling it a sweet love story! Excuse me! 'Raanjhanaa' is such a ridiculously confused film, it really requires better (and deeper) analysis than the mindless raves it has received.

While there was something deliriously charming about the zany 'Tanu weds Manu' made by the same bloke, this one is seriously psychotic. The problem with 'Raanjhanaa' is in the subliminal message it sends out. The movie actually glorifies a dangerous social crime (stalking) and makes a hero out of a man who ruins so many lives because the girl he loves does not love him back!

What starts off as an innocent schoolboy crush on a neighbourhood beauty is soon converted into a full blown obsession that will stop at nothing - not even death. Dhanush (talented, vaghera-vaghera ...BUT!) is shown hounding poor Sonam (a commendable performance) in a manner so crude and relentless, it is a wonder she doesn't push him off the nearest cliff.

Not only does the lovestruck Kundan embarrass Zoya over and over again, he refuses to take her firm, unambiguous 'no' for an answer. Of course, the plot goes all over the place trying to convince us about the nobility of his single minded passion. But wait a minute - the beautiful, educated Muslim girl simply ain't interested in this scrawny, scruffy, semi-literate son of the local Hindu priest. Doesn't he get it? Everybody else does. Not only does he not get it, he refuses to let the poor girl be.

The rest of the story is just too absurd to merit further discussion. The main point is that the character of this psychohero is elevated, romanticized and projected as the ultimate lover...who will go to any extreme for the girl he has unilaterally committed his life to. Never mind that she really doesn't care a fig about him, uses him ruthlessly and generally treats him like a serf. Wrists are slashed, the girl's fiance attacked and left to die, and several other highly contrived situations get injected into the script in order to depict perfect, unconditional love. Bakwas!

Audiences across India are going home teary and touched by Kundan's maha 'sacrifice' in the end. Now, if only Kundan had taken the hint and stopped harassing Zoya right at the start, so many lives would have been spared. 'Raanjhana' (I had no clue what the title stood for... I assumed it was the heroine's name spelt South Indian style), is many films clumsily rolled into one. The narrative is so scrambled, one wonders what the director had in mind - is it a doomed Hindu-Muslim love story significantly set in Varanasi? Or a statement film about student politics in Delhi?

The first half is about an obsessive, aggressive stalker harrowing the object of his desire. The second half is devoted to a half-assed political commentary. Through all this convoluted mess, Dhanush the Stalker remains crazily focused on tormenting Sonam and her folks. Is this fair? Is this even love? What sort of a signal is the film sending out to all those misguided romeos who think it is perfectly okay to fling acid on a girl's face for having the gall to reject romantic overtures and improper attention?

Kundan's 'love' is entirely one sided and delusional. We read about similar stories in the press all the time. In each case, it is the girl who suffers, through no fault of hers. In the movie, Kundan demolishes several families when Zoya chooses someone else. Hello? Isn't that her sole prerogative? Sorry.

The film may gross 200 crores for all I care. And the actors may walk away with several awards. But 'Raanjhanaa' is a pretty nasty film only because it tries to make a martyr out of a selfish, immature, violent and unstable man who thinks nothing of destroying the peace of mind of an innocent victim who doesn't love him. The 'solutions' offered are to slash your wrists when things don't work out. Well, at the end of this wretched experience, I sure as hell was ready to slash mine.

You can write to Shobhaa De at mirrorfeedback@timesgroup.com
http://www.mumbaimirror.com/columns/comment/Does-Raanjhanaa-glorify-stalking/articleshow/20823409.cms

I wanna bang my head after reading this...Stern Smile

Edited by nneeiill - 29 June 2013 at 1:50am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-MR21monu_tanmanzilmukul

harshu.sundas

IF-Stunnerz

harshu.sundas

Posted: 29 June 2013 at 1:39am | IP Logged

I do ship a few jodis and these two are at the top right now. Actually after a long long time I have experienced this madness for a jodi.
I know Lol actually that was so funny the way he kept insisting on 'Sonam' with that nod of his head for every question asked by Omar. aww sweet.

he is such a sweet person.. i m more bowled over their offscreen segments.. love it really..
i usually have no fasciantions for jodis, but yes this year bollywood, gave me wonders, and i cudnt help.. i mean after watching Ranjhaana, hw cud i not love d pairing..
i dont want any sequel to this film..
may be smthing more intense, obviously a love saga as Dhnaush said, that he wud love 2 do wid sonam..

-Swetha-WhiteNights.

harshu.sundas

IF-Stunnerz

harshu.sundas

Posted: 29 June 2013 at 1:41am | IP Logged

u can call me sundas..

hi Sundas ... Tongue
What should i write in PM ? ConfusedLOL

Yeah .. u see me in HC FC also .. coz i like HC & KKK from LRL days .. Smile

P.S I'm a tamilian ..Smile n i don't like watching tamil movies so much ... LOL
i watch only those tamil movies which get good reviews / praise .. Smile

ohh wow shweta.. i wnated u to pm that where can i get the links.. only Dhanush films wid subtitles or hindi dubbed versions..
i know its tough though..
as HC is in a break, i dont have anything to watch on tv, so i watched good films this year..
i m so glad to know dat u r a HC-KK fan.. they were great in LRL.. one of d most fun and youth show on indian tv..

-Swetha-

harshu.sundas

IF-Stunnerz

harshu.sundas

Posted: 29 June 2013 at 1:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nneeiill

Does 'Raanjhanaa' glorify stalking?

Mumbai Mirror | Jun 29, 2013, 01.06 AM IST

By Shobhaa De How to be a chick ...And other life lessons from she who knows better

So...everybody is going ga-ga over a movie about a demented stalker harrowing an innocent victim, and calling it a sweet love story! Excuse me! 'Raanjhanaa' is such a ridiculously confused film, it really requires better (and deeper) analysis than the mindless raves it has received.

While there was something deliriously charming about the zany 'Tanu weds Manu' made by the same bloke, this one is seriously psychotic. The problem with 'Raanjhanaa' is in the subliminal message it sends out. The movie actually glorifies a dangerous social crime (stalking) and makes a hero out of a man who ruins so many lives because the girl he loves does not love him back!

What starts off as an innocent schoolboy crush on a neighbourhood beauty is soon converted into a full blown obsession that will stop at nothing - not even death. Dhanush (talented, vaghera-vaghera ...BUT!) is shown hounding poor Sonam (a commendable performance) in a manner so crude and relentless, it is a wonder she doesn't push him off the nearest cliff.

Not only does the lovestruck Kundan embarrass Zoya over and over again, he refuses to take her firm, unambiguous 'no' for an answer. Of course, the plot goes all over the place trying to convince us about the nobility of his single minded passion. But wait a minute - the beautiful, educated Muslim girl simply ain't interested in this scrawny, scruffy, semi-literate son of the local Hindu priest. Doesn't he get it? Everybody else does. Not only does he not get it, he refuses to let the poor girl be.

The rest of the story is just too absurd to merit further discussion. The main point is that the character of this psychohero is elevated, romanticized and projected as the ultimate lover...who will go to any extreme for the girl he has unilaterally committed his life to. Never mind that she really doesn't care a fig about him, uses him ruthlessly and generally treats him like a serf. Wrists are slashed, the girl's fiance attacked and left to die, and several other highly contrived situations get injected into the script in order to depict perfect, unconditional love. Bakwas!

Audiences across India are going home teary and touched by Kundan's maha 'sacrifice' in the end. Now, if only Kundan had taken the hint and stopped harassing Zoya right at the start, so many lives would have been spared. 'Raanjhana' (I had no clue what the title stood for... I assumed it was the heroine's name spelt South Indian style), is many films clumsily rolled into one. The narrative is so scrambled, one wonders what the director had in mind - is it a doomed Hindu-Muslim love story significantly set in Varanasi? Or a statement film about student politics in Delhi?

The first half is about an obsessive, aggressive stalker harrowing the object of his desire. The second half is devoted to a half-assed political commentary. Through all this convoluted mess, Dhanush the Stalker remains crazily focused on tormenting Sonam and her folks. Is this fair? Is this even love? What sort of a signal is the film sending out to all those misguided romeos who think it is perfectly okay to fling acid on a girl's face for having the gall to reject romantic overtures and improper attention?

Kundan's 'love' is entirely one sided and delusional. We read about similar stories in the press all the time. In each case, it is the girl who suffers, through no fault of hers. In the movie, Kundan demolishes several families when Zoya chooses someone else. Hello? Isn't that her sole prerogative? Sorry.

The film may gross 200 crores for all I care. And the actors may walk away with several awards. But 'Raanjhanaa' is a pretty nasty film only because it tries to make a martyr out of a selfish, immature, violent and unstable man who thinks nothing of destroying the peace of mind of an innocent victim who doesn't love him. The 'solutions' offered are to slash your wrists when things don't work out. Well, at the end of this wretched experience, I sure as hell was ready to slash mine.

You can write to Shobhaa De at mirrorfeedback@timesgroup.com

all bullcrap is written.. its d way the character kundan was, he belonged to a small town, he is easily called a gavar and jahil, and thats hw the guy was sketched... nowhere they promoted stalking..
its not d thing dat kundan stalked and made zoya's life a living hell, and zoya was unaware of it..
it wasnt like dat at all..
it was like zoya did know kundan follows her, and she gave him d space, and she enjoyed d stalker attitude of kundan too and had brewed some feelings for him.. so hw can this promote stalking nw ??

-Swetha-WhiteNights.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top