SRK Fan Club -- Part 2!

Posted: 17 years ago

Hello all SRK'ians and welcome to part two of:

😃 THE KINGDOM OF KOMPLETE KHAN-NESS! 😃

The place to express your love, support and respect for King Khan! 😳

All fans are welcome! 😉

TO JOIN:  Simply introduce yourself and tell us what you 'most' adore about Shahrukh!

(Note: we will have an "active members list" that will be updated either daily or weekly, if you are a fan, please try to visit and stay "active," otherwise your name will not be added to (and may be removed from)  the "active" list, though you will still be considered a member and supporter)! 😊

'ACTIVE' MEMBERS LIST:

srk_preity_kajo (Zaara)

doly_455 (Doly)

amna_malik (Amna)

lilyrose (Ambreen)

teen_indiausa (Pari)

sweet_kp (Khair)

Reema_J (Reema)

Niya

Mink's Pink

diyafan

Tansha

ayeshag

tangina r (Tang)

~rahul ki rani~ (Dayeeta)

vinit_fan

ani11 (Anita)

blue rose (Ayesha)

indiandoll89 (Meera)

coolgirl249

white rose (Uzi)

sus143 (Suzi)

nandipandi15

jenny1000

heart girl (Isha)

Affi

kyph03

maro.afg

~Roses_95~

CURRENT EVENTS:

Situation Game - A member writes a situation from one of SRK's movies and the next person sings the song that matches the given situation and then posts the next!

EX: SRK singing on a train!

Answer: Chaiyyan chaiyyan chaiyyan chal chaiyyan chaiyyan chaiyyan chaiyyan.... (the member who posts this answer then posts the next clue/situation also)! 😊 ENJOY!

Dream Date Contest - Details will be provided in the following post however, please take note that the deadline is SEPTEMBER 8, 2006! 

*Special thanks to Doly and Zaara for the great idea! 😊

DOTW (Discussion of the Week) - We will have weekly discussions on a specific actress (or actor even) and members will provide their opinions on whether or not that co-star suits SRK and why or why not!  The best answer according to our judge(s) (to be announced) will then be presented!

CURRENT Co-Star for DOTW:  RANI MUKHERJI!   

(Do you think Rani suits SRK, why or why not)?! (Pg. 38)

* Discussion ends on the evening of: August 31st, 2006! *

MOW (Member of the Week) We will begin selecting MOW's for our club based on participation and activeness in the club!  We will celebrate MOW with great and fun questions and rewards!  Our first MOW will be the winner of our first DOTW! 😉

PARTY - Coming soon to celebrate our MOW!

Edited by Reema_J - 17 years ago

"A Dream Date Contest..............

If 1 day u woke up and got the news that u were goin to spend a whole day with srk..........

how would u feel??

Members hav to write a fanfic.........about ur day with srk..........

where u would like to go, what would u wear? , etc.......

u r allowed to use pics and dialogues or songs if u wish......

Rules..... (not many)

It should not contain any abusive language......... (common rule)

It should be not more than 15 lines...........not more then 200 words.....

It should be not less than 5 lines...........

Pm ur entries to.......

doly_455 (Doly)

OR

srk_preity_kajo (Zaara)

Last date is August 26th!  

*(Sorry about the changes Doly, it didn't copy/paste correctly)! 😳

Dil hai mera deewana kya
Kehta hai ab ghabraana kya
Taal pe jab jhume badan
Hichkichaana sharmaana kya
Khulke jhumo, khulke gao
Aao aao to phir yeh kaho
It's the time to disco
It's the time to disco...

Congrats once again to all SRK'ians on winning CM! 😃

Sherni yeh aankhen tumhari
kya gazab hai pyari pyari
makhmali yeh roop tumhara
aahiqui ban jaye humari
pata pata dali dali sab kare yeh sawal
bekhabar is dhadkanon ka pootch na tu haal
is kaal kaal main hum kare dhamal - 4

keep calling me baby baby
keep telling me things i want to be
u want me to be ur aye aye
i want u to know i m always there
(move it to the taal
right now its kaal kaal ) - 2

(Sona sona roop hai tera dil to tere naal hai )- 2
Tanha Tanha mushkilon main bas tera hi khayal hai
dharti ambar Chand taare sab rahe khushyal
sardiyo ki dhoop ho tum Rab ka hai yeh kamaal

o rabba hao oo o o - 3
Rut hasi hai dil jawa hai kya ghadi kya kaal hai - 2
rafta rafta bin tumhare na gujarta saal hai
subah rangin sham dilkash raat hai ek sawaal
bheega mausam sard saasen har laher main taal

keep calling me baby baby
keep telling me things i want to be
u want me to be ur aye aye
i want u to know i m always there
(move it to the taal
right now its kaal kaal ) - 2

hello Reema kool I luv parties and we are talking whether Preity suits SRK I say yes.....

Party guys kool ideas luv it..

yes lets party

Edited by teenindia_usa - 17 years ago
wow, party time! 😳 😃 Awesome job Reema 👏

"Chal Chaiyya Chaiyya Chaiyya Chaiyya" 😃
hey pari u have to give reason why u feel preity suits shahrukh
Shah Rukh is the sexiest actor alive

His attendants Subhash, Ravi dada, Mohan and Yasin, haven't changed in a thousand moons. Neither have his relationships. A family man and a friend in fair weather and foul, his superstardom has paradoxically made him more grounded.

In the much-anticipated Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, he portrays a man carroming between love and fidelity. Which is why I want to know..

What's your take on relationships?
Relationships are mini-lives. What we don't expect is their impermanence..we don't remember that relationships, like our lives, are not for keeps.

Are you scared of mortality?
No, I'm not scared of dying. If I will miss my children here, I'll meet my parents up there. But that's not likely to happen soon..it's said only the good die young, so I'm going to be around for at least 120 years.

Doesn't your fluctuating health, because of your back problems, slow you down?
Never, there's a certain oneness with my back, it never lets me down. My head and my heart know that nothing can stop me from having a great life, personal and professional. It's like accepting the fact that I need spectacles to read.

What are you reading?
The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, Hello magazine.

With the role of a mean, cynical husband in KANK, aren't you killing off your persona of the lover boy?
Yeah, as Raj and Rahul I ran after girls, grew a beard, spent all the time in the world with them and... in Mohabbatein I even loved a woman after her death. I've been a ghost who makes love (Paheli), I've remained celibate for 25 years in jail for a woman (Veer-Zaara). I've been the ultimate lover to the extent that women in the audience have felt, "Why can't our husbands be like Shah Rukh Khan?" In KANK, I'm not like that at all but I'm not mean enough either. In reality, I could perhaps leave my wives... plural because I'm a Muslim!... but I could never leave my children. That would kill me. In my performance, I've held myself back, like I can never use bad language or become physically abusive. I've been less stylised though I've used a grimacing of the mouth and chewed gum... these are an actor's props, his crutches. Otherwise, I've played it real. (Laughs) Come to think of it, I've made a career out of snatching other men's women whether it's in Koyla, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and Yes Boss. Immodestly, I can also say I've given birth to all the heroes who are playing negative guys. Having seen me every which way, the audience just expects to see me in an engrossing, entertaining film. I have no qualms about doing any role. It would be great to do a Brokeback Mountain produced by Anil Kapoor.

Is infidelity a big deal in this day and age?
It isn't. When so many people around me say that they are in love outside marriage, I can understand that. But I wouldn't claim that I would do the same for the reasons they give me. It's all about different strokes for different folks.

What does love mean? How many people are you in love with?
With 22, simply because that sounds like a good number. There are different kinds of love, different manifestations. When I hug any of these 22, I feel excited, happy, turned-on or crushed..Geoid is the word for the shape of the earth. Similarly the word love describes love. You can fall in love with the right or the wrong person..which goes to show that love may not be blind but it's short-sighted for sure. When you fear losing someone that's love. So whenever any of the 22 people I love are travelling by air, I say a prayer for them.

Okay, has the nature of relationships changed today?
We are more permissive. We have lost out on the thrill of the first touch. Young boys and girls kiss too easily now..if love comes easy it doesn't have enough value. In school I kept away from girls, I was into sports and stuff and found them too prissy. I fell in love with Gauri when I was 18. In fact, I'm still old-worldly in my belief that you must first fall in love and then get physical. Nowadays though, couples find themselves sexually compatible and then believe they must be in love. I just hope it'll be the reversal of the process for my children in this fast-moving world. To be in love is to feel as if you're flying in air... without the use of drugs or alchohol. That sounds like a worried father speaking. Maybe. Everyone needs a high and I get it from knowing that I'm the sexiest actor alive without the use of any substances.

Sexiest?
Yeah, check it out. Whether it's in Lithuania, Russia, Poland, Germany or France, I'm called Sexomatic
Ramu says Shah Rukh is too dark for him

Ram Gopal Varma has decided to make Sholay with Amitabh Bachchan instead of "Time Machine" with Shah Rukh Khan, because he thinks the latter's youthful image doesn't fit his kind of dark and intense cinema. "I saw no reason to go ahead with the Shah Rukh Khan project. His youthful exuberant image just didn't go with the dark brooding intensity of the cinema that I believe in. I felt the kind of cinema I make is incompatible with Shah Rukh's image," Varma told IANS in an interview.

But his decision doesn't affect his fondness for the actor. "I'm very fond of Shah Rukh. As a person I respect him tremendously. But I feel I am incapable of doing justice to his image. There's a tremendous difference of sensibility in the cinema that Shah Rukh generally does and I make," said Varma, who has scrapped "Time Machine" from his wish list.

Excerpts:
Q: Why this flash decision?
A: It wasn't an overnight decision. I thought a lot about it. And finally I saw no reason to go ahead with the Shah Rukh Khan project. His youthful exuberant image just didn't go with the dark brooding intensity of the cinema that I believe in. I felt the kind of cinema I make is incompatible with Shah Rukh's image. Sadly, but firmly I decided to put "Time Machine" aside to do a project I was far more excited about.

Q: That must have taken some deliberation?
A: Deep down inside I wasn't comfortable with the idea of directing Shah Rukh. I just love larger-than-life characters and issues. I wasn't comfortable cutting my capabilities down to the size that audiences would expect if Shah Rukh is in a picture. To put eight-nine months of my time and a sizeable budget in a project where my heart wasn't completely in it seemed to make no sense. Every time I thought about the two films, I was immediately drawn to "Sholay". I have never in my career followed the star system. Nor have I ever made a film to accommodate the image of a superstar.

Q: So were you tempted to work with Shah Rukh because of his immense stardom?
A: I'm very fond of Shah Rukh. As a person I respect him tremendously. But I feel I am incapable of doing justice to his image. I remember Karan Johar once telling me "Kabhi Kabhie" was his favourite Amitabh Bachchan film. That's the only film of Mr. Bachchan that I hated. There's a tremendous difference of sensibility in the cinema that Shah Rukh generally does and I make. I know he has a staggering fan-following among children and women who love those kinds of sugary romances. I would be a total mismatch with Shah Rukh.

Q: Would you have felt compromised?
A: Not compromised, confused. It wouldn't have come from the heart. Considering the economics involved, "Time Machine" seemed more like a commercial proposal than something I believed in. Whatever I've made so far - good, bad or ugly - I've always made films from my heart. And I've had great fun making each of my films. "Time Machine" didn't feel like fun. It felt like work.

Q: How was your interaction with Shah Rukh?
A: I thoroughly enjoyed interacting with him. He is a very intelligent man. The difference is in our sensibilities and the kind of expectations audiences have from his kind of cinema and mine. As an actor Shah Rukh is someone I cannot connect with. That isn't to say he can't act. But he's expected to be projected in a certain way. I'd have been doing disservice to him and to me if I went ahead with our project.

Q: So why "Sholay" now?
A: I can't sleep in the night. That's how excited I am about "Sholay". With Shah Rukh's project I felt I was going back to school. I hated school. It was like something that had to be done. It was work. See, I never grew up watching Shah Rukh. I was just informed that he is a superstar. On the other hand, Amitabh Bachchan is a superstar to me because I sat in the theatres of Hyderabad as a boy watching all his films. It didn't seem right to do a film just because he's supposed to be superstar. In my heart I felt no enthusiasm or excitement.

Q: So does "Time Machine" stand scrapped?
A: With me as a director it is scrapped
Will overseas Indians be happy with Kabhi Alvida...

The bourgeoning Indian Diaspora around the world is finally set to get a better representation in a Hindi film after decades of stereotypes.

It is hoped that ace Bollywood filmmaker Karan Johar in his yet another attempt at portraying non-resident Indians (NRIs) on 70-MM with "Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna" (KANK) will break the mould.

Starting from "Pardes", to "Mujhse Dosti Karoge", to "Ramji Londonwaley", and even so-called art house films, dream merchants of Mumbai studios have depicted most NRIs as not so good compared to Indians.

Invariably, they are shown as people who get cleansed when they return to their roots and once here they never leave. New Yorker Anitha Venkataramani put it aptly in her observation that in Bollywood the Indian-American guy is always one of two types. Either the boy is a rich, amoral and a womaniser whose parents are looking for a girl from India to fix him - for instance Apurva Agnihotri's character in 'Pardes', or a rich MBA who only wants a girl from India - like Hrithik Roshan's character in "Mujhse Dosti Karoge" or Abhishek Bachchan in "Kuch Naa Kaho". The Indian-American girl also comes in two types - rich and amoral with a serious alcohol problem - for instance Suman Ranganathan's character in "Aa Ab Laut Chalen" and skimpily-dressed Kareena Kapoor in "Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham" and Rani Mukerji in "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai" - or rich and beautiful with a wardrobe comprising entirely of salwar-kameezes and an affinity towards India - like Kajol's character in "Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge".

Additionally, more often than not, it takes a hardcore character from India to teach 'these Americans' what the true values of life are and how only Indians understand them.

In "Pardes," the goody two-shoes character of Arjun, played by Shah Rukh Khan, is characterised as the 'pure desi' at heart who is so moral he does not smoke or drink like the other immoral Indian-Americans around him. In "Kal Ho Naa Ho," we witness Aman Mathur (Shah Rukh again) coming from India and teaching Naina Kapur how to 'have fun' in her life. Which consists of drinking shot after shot of hard liquor, stripping her clothes off and dancing provocatively with several men at once.

Of course, this is what every Indian-American must consider 'fun' in the confused and stereotyped world of Yash Raj Films and Mukta Arts. "So these Indian filmmakers need to make up their mind: Are 'cool' Indian-Americans supposed to be more like Arjun or like Aman? Also, time and again, Indians living abroad (specifically in the US and Britain) speak typically Indian-accented English and wear clothes that do not reflect styles in Europe or the (United) States in any way," says Venkataramani.

Johar's mega-budget "Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna" is set entirely in New York. Starring Bollywood's A-list actors - Shah Rukh, Amitabh Bachchan, Rani Mukerji, Abhishek, Preity Zinta - the film is set for release Friday. Hopefully, the film that deals with infidelity will give us a view of people living there who don't all drink and go wild at parties with barely any clothes on. Who don't all look down upon the Indian culture and are not all amoral. Also, bring out a lot of aspects of the American culture that are wholesome. Johar has always tasted success with all his films - right from his assistant director days in "Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge" to his directorial ventures "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai" and "Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham" to his productions "Kal Ho Naa Ho". This would be the first time that a Johar film takes up a topic like extramarital affair.

Tellingly, Johar had to base the story out of India. Apparently, he still believes that Indian married men do not betray their wives and had to make an NRI do it. Nonetheless, the promos of the film seem to suggest that he has got some other aspects of NRIs in New York right. Can't wait to see. -*- The overseas market film - "Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna" - comes at a time when the money generated by international release of a multi-starrer Bollywood film is crossing the all-India revenues. In addition, live shows by Bollywood stars have become a no-no within India.

The importance of NRIs to Bollywood's economics can be gauged by the fact that British film awards, British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA), dedicated a night to Bollywood. Called "BAFTA Goes Bollywood" the event featured screenings, interviews and workshops with Yash Chopra, Preity, Shah Rukh, Aamir Khan and Johar. Speaking about the importance of NRIs to Bollywood, Shah Rukh was quoted as saying that "NRIs have been important to me", while Chopra reportedly said: "The NRI market is as good to us as the market in India and Britain is number one for us." BAFTA chairman Duncan Kenworthy said: "The Academy is delighted to host this exciting event, which celebrates and investigates the broad appeal, outstanding creative talent and unparalleled production values that characterise Bollywood cinema. "With a significant and growing impact on UK audiences, Bollywood films are increasingly popular around the world. We are honoured to bring some of Bollywood's most influential artistes to London, to recognise their achievements and to learn from their expertise."

Bollywood has been in focus in Britain in various ways. Films featuring Rishi Kapoor, Suneil Shetty and others are currently being shot in picturesque locations in north Staffordshire and north Wales. In fact, it is commonplace to find Amitabh, Shah Rukh, Preity, Chopra or Aamir or an Indian crew shooting in the sylvan countryside. Eros International, a major film distribution group, announced that it had raised 22.5 million pounds in an offering on London's Alternate Investment Market (AIM). Across Yorkshire, local authorities have begun preparations to host next year's International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards.

Noted choreographer Vaibhavi Merchant has announced plans to present a musical, "The Merchants of Bollywood", across Britain in November, finishing at the West End at Christmas. The British Tourist Authority in India is leaving no stone unturned to promote Britain as the ideal place for Bollywood to shoot.