Debate Mansion

America- creating history of malicious decisions ? (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 10

krystal_watz

IF-Sizzlerz

krystal_watz

Posted: 03 July 2013 at 2:58am | IP Logged
Now, now Birdman, let's not get sexist. LOL
Maybe the US DID act ethically a few times, but such instances are pitifully few, I'm afraid.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hit_homerun

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "America- creating history of malicious decisions ? (Page 7)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 03 July 2013 at 8:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hit_homerun

possess u ? hmmm... depends , do u ; have a price ?LOL  [kidding alright ] sheesh bhalayee ka toh zamana gaya 

i was told first impressions are the last . and this  was a pretty good one . u see people dont take pangas with dayans . hence i'd have a streak in debating because of DP !
its my way or the highway ! Cool
might be inspired from modi jii perhaps !Wink

Am i a cutie ? jeez what kind of a query is that Shocked?  
ok lets clarify again 
when i was a baby i looked like this -

cute enough for ya ? [ yeah  , i know pretty naughty back then too LOL! but i swear i was stretching and not thumka laga - ing

i hope i have cleared all qualms ! 

Disclaimer - No babies were harmed in the making of this post . Mods , dont increase my WL 

Hahhahaha...LOL ... Is that how the real cute ones are supposed to pose ? ..And who told ya that Modi supporters are paedophiles ? Just who ? ..Eh ? ..LOL ...Yeah I liked that antique pic you posted there . Great work by some photographer of the 60's ...LOL ...But truly hun ..It failed to intrigue me as much as your rampageous posts everywhere ...Now will ya trust me for once ? ...Please ? ... LOL...

I mean those funnies you came up with about the One man army, The king battling it out all alone and all ? ...LOL...Yeah let's be fair now ..Why don't ya guys choose one person outta us cynics ? ..<<As you alluded to us when you were Blah Blahing ? ...Um... Say ME ? ..Tongue ..Seriously ...I'm up for the gab ...or battle ? ...as you termed that ...Yeah ..Come ...Come ...Let's dig the history honey ! ...

Hey ! ...You know what? .. I'm sorry if it upsets ya but are ya one of those congress claques ..that heat it up together during the nights as they pass on the weed and cook up newer, viler  stories  ? ...Tell me seriously ...LOL

Vintu ...Tongue

hit_homerun

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 03 July 2013 at 9:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by K.Universe.

My thoughts on this in no particular order of importance:

You made a great point here in that, historically speaking, it was not always about liberation and emancipation for the US.

IMO, you took a panoramic view of the 71 war and displayed a confirmation bias by not giving due weight to all the actors involved - India, USSR, China, USA, East Pakistan and West Pakistan.

Foreign policy is a complicated business with too much strategy and too many social, economical, political compulsions involved. Often, motives are ill-defined and not easy to gauge. The assumption is that individuals, provinces, counties and countries are looking after their own interest and acting out of self-preservation.

The cold war between US and USSR dictated coalitions and international relations. China was an ally of Pakistan, US was kissing Chinese ass, and India signed a cooperation treaty with Soviet Union, and so on. In that sense, the 71 war was less about the sufferings of East Pakistan (now Bangladesh) and more about alliances. But if anyone did feel any moral pangs about the sufferings of the Bangladeshis, I would say it was India, even though the million of refugees coming in across the border and straining the economy might have influenced some of her decisions.

This might not be worth mentioning but the Bangladesh movement did receive widespread public support in the US; even the US congress was not in favor of military support to Pakistan but President Nixon overruled all sentiments. In my personal opinion, Nixon was a douche bag and morally bereft and he sort of got his comeuppance at the end of the Watergate scandal when he resigned with low approval ratings all around.

Lastly, in my personal opinion, Indira Gandhi during this period exhibited more testicular fortitude than any other Indian leader that ever took office, post Indian independence.

Hey ! K ...You made quite a few great points there ..and I hear ya ..but tell me this ..Did ya really not notice a serious error I made in my post ? ...LOL  ..Sorry I was kinda seized at that time ..and wrongly wrote 65 as 71 ...Hahaha ...Yeah ..The numbers you see ... ..They always confound me ..LOL ...

Bangladesh story is pretty funky ..I mean those incessant appeals for deliverance by Bangla Mukti Bahini ...and the pre emptive air strikes on Indian positions along the border musta triggered the war ...I bet ...LOL ..And we know what happened thereafter ..I mean look at the   ' Dhakeshwari temple' now ...<<< A sprawling premise that has been reduced to a few sq. meters area ...LOL ...

Well the whole point right now is ..the armaments that were used against India even in the war of 65 were made in US ordnance factories ...Ouch

Patons ..Well ..you must be knowing about the 'Asal War' ...that took place in the Ran of Kutch ...Almost One Hundred intruding Paton tanks <<< all supplied by the USA were destroyed / captured ..The place is now called ' Paton Nagar'  where the remains of those tanks are still kept for viewing ...

Same is the case with submarine Gazi ...There was this Indian battleship ' INS Vikrant' <<< Which the enemy dreaded the most ...A concerted effort was made to sink it ...Actually I can talk a lot about this ..A thrilling story of how the effort was foiled by the Indian Navy ...buT I ll do that if the situation warrants that ...Um..Later ?...LOL  ..So I was saying that Gazi sank to the bottom of the arabian sea ...and what actually sank with it was the US's pride ...LOL Hmm...Sad ..but yeah ..LOL

Vintu...Tongue

K.Universe.

K.Universe.

Goldie

K.Universe.

Posted: 03 July 2013 at 9:56am | IP Logged
^^ Vintu babu,

I don't mind participating in a discussion of what you bill as "thrilling stories", if it weren't for the fact that I find 99.99% of the worldly affairs absolutely banal, thoroughly pedestrian.

I have no clue what I am doing here in these US threads, the MOTW threads or for that matter any other thread that doesn't attempt to solve the secrets of the universe.

With that, I would like to excuse myself out.

See ya later!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Vintage.Winekrystal_watz

LovelyPlanet

Goldie

LovelyPlanet

Posted: 03 July 2013 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vintage.Wine

Originally posted by hit_homerun

possess u ? hmmm... depends , do u ; have a price ?LOL  [kidding alright ] sheesh bhalayee ka toh zamana gaya 

i was told first impressions are the last . and this  was a pretty good one . u see people dont take pangas with dayans . hence i'd have a streak in debating because of DP !
its my way or the highway ! Cool
might be inspired from modi jii perhaps !Wink

Am i a cutie ? jeez what kind of a query is that Shocked?  
ok lets clarify again 
when i was a baby i looked like this -

cute enough for ya ? [ yeah  , i know pretty naughty back then too LOL! but i swear i was stretching and not thumka laga - ing

i hope i have cleared all qualms ! 

Disclaimer - No babies were harmed in the making of this post . Mods , dont increase my WL 

Hahhahaha...LOL ... Is that how the real cute ones are supposed to pose ? ..And who told ya that Modi supporters are paedophiles ? Just who ? ..Eh ? ..LOL ...Yeah I liked that antique pic you posted there . Great work by some photographer of the 60's ...LOL ...But truly hun ..It failed to intrigue me as much as your rampageous posts everywhere ...Now will ya trust me for once ? ...Please ? ... LOL...

I mean those funnies you came up with about the One man army, The king battling it out all alone and all ? ...LOL...Yeah let's be fair now ..Why don't ya guys choose one person outta us cynics ? ..<<As you alluded to us when you were Blah Blahing ? ...Um... Say ME ? ..Tongue ..Seriously ...I'm up for the gab ...or battle ? ...as you termed that ...Yeah ..Come ...Come ...Let's dig the history honey ! ...

Hey ! ...You know what? .. I'm sorry if it upsets ya but are ya one of those congress claques ..that heat it up together during the nights as they pass on the weed and cook up newer, viler  stories  ? ...Tell me seriously ...LOL

Vintu ...Tongue

I defo find homerun Cute.. you don't? why?LOL

so what was the point of posting Bhajan Lal's son's story, this one? 
some Hindu perverts convert to have more legal sex with multiple wives? seriously what was the point?

hit_homerun

hit_homerun

hit_homerun

Posted: 03 July 2013 at 12:13pm | IP Logged

Are u alright Bache?  I can only imagine someone like that gawking at me when I read your post...

Albeit I am hoping u are a lot cuter when angry...LOL

The way I see it is that u have misunderstood what I had written back there on blah corner. Check it again I have edited it.

My friend on IF, who's been around for ages told me that previously there had been plenty many debates on indo-Pakistan issues. Which eventually grew intense and allegations were made against several religions. Personal attacks had been thrown based on those grounds. So by mentioning cynics I had been pointing out those members who are liable to reincarnate when such a topic is to be created. I get why u would think that by cynic I had called upon U. Anu was just giving his take on what u had mentioned in PM thread. I had only replied to lonely in that corner.

I respect everyone's opinion on Modi ... but i dont respect modi. PeriodLOL

And if I had created such an impression on you , then know that it wasn't what you've taken it as .

Now why would I call u a cynic after raising a toast to u? I did call u subtle right?Confused

and I am very pleased to know u ...are stalking me Embarrassed I know how alluring it is , I spend a couple of hours stalking me too !!Big smile

Now if you still wish  to battle me then, Beware, you are in for a scare...!

I have the deadliest of weapons

Starting with

They call her Justin beeberi I thinkLOL

She'll rock yourWink world

Now if you are still angry then I would recommend some deep breathing.

Don't worry, you'll be fine soon. I'll have a negotiation with GodLOL

You are welcomeSmile

Edited by hit_homerun - 03 July 2013 at 3:28pm

LovelyPlanetVintage.Wine

hit_homerun

hit_homerun

Posted: 03 July 2013 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lonely0planet

Originally posted by Vintage.Wine

[QUOTE=hit_homerun]

I defo find homerun Cute.. you don't? why?LOL

so what was the point of posting Bhajan Lal's son's story, this one? 
some Hindu perverts convert to have more legal sex with multiple wives? seriously what was the point?

welcome back to the thread lonely 
God forbid the day vintage finds me cute , i hope my kaala teeka[refer sigi box]  works for me then .LOL

now , now , dont call any person a pervert with ethnic adjectives . Allegations might drop on u saying u are masquerading LOL

LovelyPlanet

Frigate

IF-Dazzler

Frigate

Posted: 03 July 2013 at 6:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

Originally posted by krystal_watz

Had to, just can't get myself to mug. LOL

"Mistakes"? You call intentional interest-driven supports to ruthless dictators "Mistakes of a naddan balak?" ConfusedTongue

US never cared for ethics when it came to its own interests. That's the fact.

US is "she". So that would be balikey, not baalak.LOL And trust females to be naadan.Wink

now now krystal-ji, never say "never". LOLThe word you might want to use is "occasionally".Smile

as for countries/ folks acting in their own interests, who doesn't? As long as one's interests are aligned on the side of "goodness" and "apple pie",  we should be cool with it, no?Smile

And who is stopping these other countries from looking out for themselves? Why doesn't the Arab world band together to help hapless people in neighboring countries? 

Sure the US benefits from taking keen interest in the affairs of the middle east; read, THE OIL! But, it is the very same countries that have benefitted immensely from US' appetite for "oil"! They have all become rich in a matter of a few decades; most of them still feudalistic and medieval!

People forget that if given an opportunity, there are countries like China that are waiting to usurp the title of the "police" of the world! If the US withdraws from taking active role in "world politics", China will happily do it and N. Korea is their "special friend"! 

The reason Obama is touring Africa now has a lot to do with the fact that China has made leaps in becoming a major source for "trade" there, while the US was busy attending to mid-east issues. 

Let's also not forget how expensive these wars have been for the US!

BirdieNumNumkrystal_watz

Post Reply New Post

Go to top