Debate Mansion

America- creating history of malicious decisions ? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 10

hit_homerun

hit_homerun

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 10:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

yeah, the US sure has made some really dumb decisions.Tongue    yes indeed they have ! LOL
Like championing the ideals of freedom and democracy, ideals that have spread like cancer over the world. The world was so much better off when there were colonies, master/ slave relationships.yes indeed , it would have rocked LOL
The world might have also been better off if the US hadnt decided to bail out the Allies during WWII. The fascists sure had ideas of creating a wonderful new world order, and the US had to poke its nose in. It's really exasperating, but what was the US thinking? Did they think the world would be better off without dictators and royal asses that could bring people in line under their boots. Dumb, wasn't it?WinkLOL  it was very dumb indeed ! LOL

And we have to admit but it was also stupid for the US to have created separation of church and state (look at how Iran and the rest of the ME flourish under theocracies), to have allowed immigrants yearning for a better life to come in, to have created an economic climate where industry and innovation could flourish and raise standards of living world-wide- companies such as ford; tech companies such as microsoft, apple, facebook, and google; pharma/ biotech companies such as pfizer and JJ.   yes it was very , very stupid of them ! LOL
Just look at it. All the tech gadgets are now used to rant against each other, waste time on online forums. People now live longer because they've created drugs, adding to population problems. All those cars and airplanes, bad, very bad. We could have had so much fun riding horses and buggies.And the list can go on... If all this wasn't dumb, what is?TongueLOL

i see u have edited something , but ill answer it anyway ... thank u for that mentioning , someone would have been concluding it otherwise , because of their dumbness ! Wink

okay birdie . i understand the gist of ur amreeki introspective post and agree with u 
however that wasnt the kind of question i was posing as 'vints' - u call it-  has brought to ur attention . i understand ur attempt @ making this thread juicy , hey im all for it Wink. its ur 'vints' who got serious and cleared all qualms ! LOL

now whilst making this post i was thinking more on the lines of Afghanistan , Iraq , Iran 
and of course the veteran George Bush ! !!!!Tongue
That man is an angel i must say 

and i am also curious , by what i gather - u being a fan of America
i've  come up with some theories-
America is the source of our potential bhabi ji / temporary bhabi jii / multiple bhabi jii / assorted bhabi jii 
or maybe modi jii ??? it connects right - bad politicians LOLLOL 

tick the right MCQ dah'ling

Edited by hit_homerun - 30 June 2013 at 10:45am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

BirdieNumNum

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "America- creating history of malicious decisions ? (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

hit_homerun

hit_homerun

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 10:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vintage.Wine

Originally posted by hit_homerun

Aww...Mamma Mia ..Tongue...I know you just wanna add that ghostly zing to my drink and possess me right? .  Hey !.. what's in your DP btw ? ..Congress's true face ?  ..Hahaha ..Ew .. .LOL...Just tell me it ain't you in the DP for Gandhi's sake... ..Tell me you are a cutie ..Or  just lie about that ...Ouch...

But its funny how you first try to spook me like that and still expect us to raise toasts together rather than um.. the hell ? 'LOL

Vintu...Tongue

possess u ? hmmm... depends , do u ; have a price ?LOL  [kidding alright ] sheesh bhalayee ka toh zamana gaya 

i was told first impressions are the last . and this  was a pretty good one . u see people dont take pangas with dayans . hence i'd have a streak in debating because of DP !
its my way or the highway ! Cool
might be inspired from modi jii perhaps !Wink

Am i a cutie ? jeez what kind of a query is that Shocked?  
ok lets clarify again 
when i was a baby i looked like this -

cute enough for ya ? [ yeah  , i know pretty naughty back then too LOL! but i swear i was stretching and not thumka laga - ing

i hope i have cleared all qualms ! 

Disclaimer - No babies were harmed in the making of this post . Mods , dont increase my WL 

Edited by hit_homerun - 30 June 2013 at 10:58am

_Angie_

hit_homerun

hit_homerun

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 10:44am | IP Logged
Another problem in Egypt . Potential of inaugerating civil war ! 
hope everything goes down , um , least violently 

wonder what America will cook up here ?

BirdieNumNum

BirdieNumNum

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 12:08pm | IP Logged

okay birdie . i understand the gist of ur amreeki introspective post and agree with u 
however that wasnt the kind of question i was posing as 'vints' - u call it-  has brought to ur attention . i understand ur attempt @ making this thread juicy , hey im all for it Wink. its ur 'vints' who got serious and cleared all qualms ! LOL

now whilst making this post i was thinking more on the lines of Afghanistan , Iraq , Iran 
and of course the veteran George Bush ! !!!!Tongue
That man is an angel i must say 

and i am also curious , by what i gather - u being a fan of America
i've  come up with some theories-
America is the source of our potential bhabi ji / temporary bhabi jii / multiple bhabi jii / assorted bhabi jii 
or maybe modi jii ??? it connects right - bad politicians LOLLOL 

tick the right MCQ dah'ling

lol @bhabiji. Now why didnt i think of em like that.  LOL

speaking of Bush, isn't he such a charming fellow! The reactions he generates at desi parties... absolutely heart-warming to beholdLOL

hit_homerun

K.Universe.

Goldie

K.Universe.

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 2:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vintage.Wine

And one just can't say that all such decisions by the US were noble. I bet you know of Submarine Gazi, the Seberjets, The Paton tanks that were used in the 71 war against India. They were all supplied by the US. Can they reason for that ? ..Did they rank Indian republic at par with nations governed by tyrant dictators ? That woulda posed a threat to the world? and endangered the peace? ..  ..<<<< ..Can you justify that American action Birdie ? ..In any which way you can think of ?'C'mon we are going to be honest here ..and didly but that

My thoughts on this in no particular order of importance:

You made a great point here in that, historically speaking, it was not always about liberation and emancipation for the US.

IMO, you took a panoramic view of the 71 war and displayed a confirmation bias by not giving due weight to all the actors involved - India, USSR, China, USA, East Pakistan and West Pakistan.

Foreign policy is a complicated business with too much strategy and too many social, economical, political compulsions involved. Often, motives are ill-defined and not easy to gauge. The assumption is that individuals, provinces, counties and countries are looking after their own interest and acting out of self-preservation.

The cold war between US and USSR dictated coalitions and international relations. China was an ally of Pakistan, US was kissing Chinese ass, and India signed a cooperation treaty with Soviet Union, and so on. In that sense, the 71 war was less about the sufferings of East Pakistan (now Bangladesh) and more about alliances. But if anyone did feel any moral pangs about the sufferings of the Bangladeshis, I would say it was India, even though the million of refugees coming in across the border and straining the economy might have influenced some of her decisions.

This might not be worth mentioning but the Bangladesh movement did receive widespread public support in the US; even the US congress was not in favor of military support to Pakistan but President Nixon overruled all sentiments. In my personal opinion, Nixon was a douche bag and morally bereft and he sort of got his comeuppance at the end of the Watergate scandal when he resigned with low approval ratings all around.

Lastly, in my personal opinion, Indira Gandhi during this period exhibited more testicular fortitude than any other Indian leader that ever took office, post Indian independence.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

hit_homerunVintage.Wine-PrimaDonna-_Angie_return_to_hadeskrystal_watz

krystal_watz

IF-Sizzlerz

krystal_watz

Posted: 01 July 2013 at 8:06am | IP Logged

yeah, the US sure has made some really dumb decisions.Tongue Like championing the ideals of freedom and democracy, ideals that have spread like cancer over the world. The world was so much better off when there were colonies, master/ slave relationships. The world might have also been better off if the US hadnt decided to bail out the Allies during WWII. The fascists sure had ideas of creating a wonderful new world order, and the US had to poke its nose in. It's really exasperating, but what was the US thinking? Did they think the world would be better off without dictators and royal asses that could bring people in line under their boots. Dumb, wasn't it?WinkLOL

And we have to admit but it was also stupid for the US to have created separation of church and state (look at how Iran and the rest of the ME flourish under theocracies), to have allowed immigrants yearning for a better life to come in, to have created an economic climate where industry and innovation could flourish and raise standards of living world-wide- companies such as ford; tech companies such as microsoft, apple, facebook, and google; pharma/ biotech companies such as pfizer and JJ. Just look at it. All the tech gadgets are now used to rant against each other, waste time on online forums. People now live longer because they've created drugs, adding to population problems. All those cars and airplanes, bad, very bad. We could have had so much fun riding horses and buggies.And the list can go on... If all this wasn't dumb, what is?TongueLOL

@Blue: They obviously did, hence the support to Pinochet, Mobutu Sese Seko, Mohammad Siad Barre. and innumerable others. But hey, come on, democracy can't possibly be good for all. The US has realized that well, gotta give them credit for that incredible farsightedness. Tongue

Edited by krystal_watz - 01 July 2013 at 8:13am

hit_homerun

hit_homerun

hit_homerun

Posted: 01 July 2013 at 10:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by krystal_watz

yeah, the US sure has made some really dumb decisions.Tongue Like championing the ideals of freedom and democracy, ideals that have spread like cancer over the world. The world was so much better off when there were colonies, master/ slave relationships. The world might have also been better off if the US hadnt decided to bail out the Allies during WWII. The fascists sure had ideas of creating a wonderful new world order, and the US had to poke its nose in. It's really exasperating, but what was the US thinking? Did they think the world would be better off without dictators and royal asses that could bring people in line under their boots. Dumb, wasn't it?WinkLOL

And we have to admit but it was also stupid for the US to have created separation of church and state (look at how Iran and the rest of the ME flourish under theocracies), to have allowed immigrants yearning for a better life to come in, to have created an economic climate where industry and innovation could flourish and raise standards of living world-wide- companies such as ford; tech companies such as microsoft, apple, facebook, and google; pharma/ biotech companies such as pfizer and JJ. Just look at it. All the tech gadgets are now used to rant against each other, waste time on online forums. People now live longer because they've created drugs, adding to population problems. All those cars and airplanes, bad, very bad. We could have had so much fun riding horses and buggies.And the list can go on... If all this wasn't dumb, what is?TongueLOL

@Blue: They obviously did, hence the support to Pinochet, Mobutu Sese Seko, Mohammad Siad Barre. and innumerable others. But hey, come on, democracy can't possibly be good for all. The US has realized that well, gotta give them credit for that incredible farsightedness. Tongue

Thanks for that link , gotta huge idea now !
@ purple - oh , u are being a bit too harsh , US might feel bad ! LOL

hit_homerun

hit_homerun

Posted: 01 July 2013 at 11:07am | IP Logged

speaking of Bush, isn't he such a charming fellow! The reactions he generates at desi parties... absolutely heart-warming to beholdLOL

maybe they even play darts on his entire body portrait . guess what could be the jackpot ?LOL

i'll soon hang a phoolon kii mala around this picture and hang the frame on my walls...Wink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

BirdieNumNum_Angie_

Post Reply New Post

Go to top