Debate Mansion

America- creating history of malicious decisions ? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 10

DonnaHarvey

IF-Sizzlerz

DonnaHarvey

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 5:36pm | IP Logged
Not the most reliable news source but, I don't suspect this one is far from the truth.

President Obama recently confirmed the US will start supplying the Syrian rebels with weapons. It turns out we've been secretly supplying them since last year.

CIA operatives and US special operations troops have been secretly training Syrian rebels with anti-tank and anti-aircraft weapons since late last year. President Obama and the administration only recently announced their plans to directly supply the rebels earlier this month.

The covert U.S. training bases in Jordan and Turkey have raised morale amongst the Syrian opposition which recently lost the key town of Qusair. They hope Washington will provide heavier weapons since they lack what they need to regain the offensive in the bitter civil war that has raged for the past two years.

Over 100,000 people have died in the 27-month long conflict, with pro-government forces taking more casualties than the rebels seeking to overthrow President Bashar al-Assad'sregime. Over one third of the overall fatalities accounted for are civilians.

The count was just barely over 93,000 at the end of April, meaning that in the past two months alone there have been over 7,000 casualties.

Edited by DonnaHarvey - 27 June 2013 at 5:36pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hit_homerun

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "America- creating history of malicious decisions ? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 9:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DonnaHarvey

Not the most reliable news source but, I don't suspect this one is far from the truth.

President Obama recently confirmed the US will start supplying the Syrian rebels with weapons. It turns out we've been secretly supplying them since last year.

CIA operatives and US special operations troops have been secretly training Syrian rebels with anti-tank and anti-aircraft weapons since late last year. President Obama and the administration only recently announced their plans to directly supply the rebels earlier this month.

The covert U.S. training bases in Jordan and Turkey have raised morale amongst the Syrian opposition which recently lost the key town of Qusair. They hope Washington will provide heavier weapons since they lack what they need to regain the offensive in the bitter civil war that has raged for the past two years.

Over 100,000 people have died in the 27-month long conflict, with pro-government forces taking more casualties than the rebels seeking to overthrow President Bashar al-Assad'sregime. Over one third of the overall fatalities accounted for are civilians.

The count was just barely over 93,000 at the end of April, meaning that in the past two months alone there have been over 7,000 casualties.

Hey !... That sounds perfect to me ...And they are doing this  cause they can't garner any support in the UN  for another direct military action in that region ...Also there is a lurking fear of enraging the entire Arab League, thus leaving Israel in the lurch. But the question is have such clandestine ploys done America any good in the past ? ...I mean you ll strengthen the militia and topple the government right...But have ya any guarantee that they won't start to play fast and loose once they assume power ...Ouch

Its the Life after all ..and not some video game ..where one can expect all characters to behave in a preset way ...Um..Am I correct  ? ...LOL

Vintu...Tongue

Edited by Vintage.Wine - 28 June 2013 at 9:08am

hit_homerun

hit_homerun

hit_homerun

Posted: 29 June 2013 at 3:43am | IP Logged

Originally posted by hit_homerun

[QUOTE=DonnaHarvey][QUOTE=hit_homerun][QUOTE=DonnaHarvey

At this point, I don't know if there is another option. Maybe not full fledged war. But, violence is needed to combat the violence that is already going on. And this is not short term. The arms, the fighting has been in full swing long before America got involved. Just last year, the regime in Syri was straight up denying conflict reports from reputed international journalists in combat zones. I can never forget Marie Colvin's last broadcast before her & her fellow journalists' residence was shelled last in 2012 (Homs, Syria). That was then and a year and half later, the attacks are still going. Something's got to give. I don't know if USA inference is the right answer but, it is better than letting the situation be.

agreed ! 

LovelyPlanet

hit_homerun

hit_homerun

Posted: 29 June 2013 at 4:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vintage.Wine

Hey !... That sounds perfect to me ...And they are doing this  cause they can't garner any support in the UN  for another direct military action in that region ...Also there is a lurking fear of enraging the entire Arab League, thus leaving Israel in the lurch. But the question is have such clandestine ploys done America any good in the past ? ...I mean you ll strengthen the militia and topple the government right...But have ya any guarantee that they won't start to play fast and loose once they assume power ...Ouch

Its the Life after all ..and not some video game ..where one can expect all characters to behave in a preset way ...Um..Am I correct  ? ...LOL

Vintu...Tongue

True .my intuition tells me that when the rebels will resume power , something worse will come . there will be  a catch .  

And we'll all sit and blame grotesque  Amreeka LOLLOL

I also think the war might end , on a poornamaasii  raath , when the rebellious lycanthropes will gain the upper hand Wink

but fact remains , America has infact made some bad decisions in past . I wonder what  is their advantage in this decision ?

oh and vintage ... this is for being more subtle [i'll give them that]than the other modi-supporters 

whats better , le kudi or le wine ?Wink

@ Donna - Thanks for the update ! Smile

Vintage.Wine

BirdieNumNum

BirdieNumNum

Posted: 29 June 2013 at 9:38am | IP Logged

yeah, the US sure has made some really dumb decisions.Tongue Like championing the ideals of freedom and democracy, ideals that have spread like cancer over the world. The world was so much better off when there were colonies, master/ slave relationships. The world might have also been better off if the US hadnt decided to bail out the Allies during WWII. The fascists sure had ideas of creating a wonderful new world order, and the US had to poke its nose in. It's really exasperating, but what was the US thinking? Did they think the world would be better off without dictators and royal asses that could bring people in line under their boots. Dumb, wasn't it?WinkLOL

And we have to admit but it was also stupid for the US to have created separation of church and state (look at how Iran and the rest of the ME flourish under theocracies), to have allowed immigrants yearning for a better life to come in, to have created an economic climate where industry and innovation could flourish and raise standards of living world-wide- companies such as ford; tech companies such as microsoft, apple, facebook, and google; pharma/ biotech companies such as pfizer and JJ. Just look at it. All the tech gadgets are now used to rant against each other, waste time on online forums. People now live longer because they've created drugs, adding to population problems. All those cars and airplanes, bad, very bad. We could have had so much fun riding horses and buggies.And the list can go on... If all this wasn't dumb, what is?TongueLOL

Edited by BirdieNumNum - 29 June 2013 at 10:01am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hit_homerunVintage.Wine

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 29 June 2013 at 9:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hit_homerun

True .my intuition tells me that when the rebels will resume power , something worse will come . there will be  a catch .  

And we'll all sit and blame grotesque  Amreeka LOLLOL

I also think the war might end , on a poornamaasii  raath , when the rebellious lycanthropes will gain the upper hand Wink

but fact remains , America has infact made some bad decisions in past . I wonder what  is their advantage in this decision ?

oh and vintage ... this is for being more subtle [i'll give them that]than the other modi-supporters 

whats better , le kudi or le wine ?Wink

Aww...Mamma Mia ..Tongue...I know you just wanna add that ghostly zing to my drink and possess me right? .  Hey !.. what's in your DP btw ? ..Congress's true face ?  ..Hahaha ..Ew .. .LOL...Just tell me it ain't you in the DP for Gandhi's sake... ..Tell me you are a cutie ..Or  just lie about that ...Ouch...

But its funny how you first try to spook me like that and still expect us to raise toasts together rather than um.. the hell ? LOL

Vintu...Tongue

hit_homerun

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 29 June 2013 at 9:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

yeah, the US sure has made some really dumb decisions.Tongue Like championing the ideals of freedom and democracy, ideals that have spread like cancer over the world. The world was so much better off when there were colonies, master/ slave relationships. The world might have also been better off if the US hadnt decided to bail out the Allies during WWII. The fascists sure had ideas of creating a wonderful new world order, and the US had to poke its nose in. It's really exasperating, but what was the US thinking? Did they think the world would be better off without dictators and royal asses that could bring people in line under their boots. Dumb, wasn't it?WinkLOL

And we have to admit but it was also stupid for the US to have created separation of church and state (look at how Iran and the rest of the ME flourish under theocracies), to have allowed immigrants yearning for a better life to come in, to have created an economic climate where industry and innovation could flourish and raise standards of living world-wide- companies such as ford; tech companies such as microsoft, apple, facebook, and google; pharma/ biotech companies such as pfizer and JJ. Just look at it. All the tech gadgets are now used to rant against each other, waste time on online forums. People now live longer because they've created drugs, adding to population problems. All those cars and airplanes, bad, very bad. We could have had so much fun riding horses and buggies.And the list can go on... If all this wasn't dumb, what is?TongueLOL

Hey Birdie ! ..I get your point. But I ain't on about the ideology or what inspires a motive to become aggressive..I am of the opinion that one must not trudge such failed, innate ways to dispel the devil. Look there is abundant history that suggests what happens when the weapons are imparted to the wrong set of people. You can't know which devil is disguised as a saint. What happened back in time I guess is nuff proof of that.  Take for instance the Soviet reign in Afghanistan. Did America not fight such a sly war even there to banish their rumbling tanks from Ghazni ? '.And  to whom did they hand those weapons to chase em away ? '.The Taliban in the making ..Right ?..Ouch ..

Also the situation in the region we are on about ain't comparable to Germany or Japan who were mean nuff not to keep their weapons a secret.  Did the Germans hand over their dreaded V1s to any other nation ? Even the best of their allies? ..And Germany's downfall came about cause they erred by violating the  Ribbentrop Molotov pact. The turning point in the history of WW II IMO was the battle of Stalingrad. And the way those countless numbers of German invaders were stranded to piddle on and frozen to death later on. Who could not even retreat to unite with the forces they had left behind in Germany.

And in this scenario, which is drastically different than WW II,  I guess it would be more prudent to launch a direct attack and overthrow the Syrian dictator like they did in Iraq. And how long do ya think it should take em to succeed in that ? Ages ? ..LOL..I don't think the resistance would last beyond a few days... I think the strategy to empower the militia is a wrong move. Cause such action I believe ll transpire in the  rise of 100s of Talibans that ll keep haunting the world indefinitely.

And one just can't say that all such decisions by the US were noble. I bet you know of Submarine Gazi, the Seberjets, The Paton tanks that were used in the 71 war against India. They were all supplied by the US. Can they reason for that ? ..Did they rank Indian republic at par with nations governed by tyrant dictators ? That woulda posed a threat to the world? and endangered the peace? ..  ..<<<< ..Can you justify that American action Birdie ? ..In any which way you can think of ?'C'mon we are going to be honest here ..and didly but that 'LOL

Its like making oneself a guinea pig, have yourself infested with a deadly virus with a huge window period to test out the next wonder drug that has only a 30 % chance of succeeding. 'Now that doesn't sound too wise either...Or does it ? ..LOL 

Vintu...Tongue

Edited by Vintage.Wine - 29 June 2013 at 9:48pm

BirdieNumNumhit_homerun

BirdieNumNum

BirdieNumNum

Posted: 29 June 2013 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vintage.Wine

Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

Hey Birdie ! ..I get your point. But I ain't on about the ideology or what inspires a motive to become aggressive..I am of the opinion that one must not trudge such failed, innate ways to dispel the devil. Look there is abundant history that suggests what happens when the weapons are imparted to the wrong set of people. You can't know which devil is disguised as a saint. What happened back in time I guess is nuff proof of that.  Take for instance the Soviet reign in Afghanistan. Did America not fight such a sly war even there to banish their rumbling tanks from Ghazni ? '.And  to whom did they hand those weapons to chase em away ? '.The Taliban in the making ..Right ?..Ouch ..

Also the situation in the region we are on about ain't comparable to Germany or Japan who were mean nuff not to keep their weapons a secret.  Did the Germans hand over their dreaded V1s to any other nation ? Even the best of their allies? ..And Germany's downfall came about cause they erred by violating the  Ribbentrop Molotov pact. The turning point in the history of WW II IMO was the battle of Stalingrad. And the way those countless numbers of German invaders were stranded to piddle on and frozen to death later on. Who could not even retreat to unite with the forces they had left behind in Germany.

And in this scenario, which is drastically different than WW II,  I guess it would be more prudent to launch a direct attack and overthrow the Syrian dictator like they did in Iraq. And how long do ya think it should take em to succeed in that ? Ages ? ..LOL..I don't think the resistance would last beyond a few days... I think the strategy to empower the militia is a wrong move. Cause such action I believe ll transpire in the  rise of 100s of Talibans that ll keep haunting the world indefinitely.

And one just can't say that all such decisions by the US were noble. I bet you know of Submarine Gazi, the Seberjets, The Paton tanks that were used in the 71 war against India. They were all supplied by the US. Can they reason for that ? ..Did they rank Indian republic at par with nations governed by tyrant dictators ? That woulda posed a threat to the world? and endangered the peace? ..  ..<<<< ..Can you justify that American action Birdie ? ..In any which way you can think of ?'C'mon we are going to be honest here ..and didly but that 'LOL

Its like making oneself a guinea pig, have yourself infested with a deadly virus with a huge window period to test out the next wonder drug that has only a 30 % chance of succeeding. 'Now that doesn't sound too wise either...Or does it ? ..LOL 

Vintu...Tongue

oh i totally agree with you Vints. I was just trying to shift the terms of the debate to slightly more favorable ground- didn't work i can see.LOL

yep, the US has always been great at ideal-speak, but it has been cynical, selfish and short-term in it's thinking when it has come to implementation/ tactics, barring some exceptions.

thanks for some of the historical background/ references. Something for me to learn. :)

hit_homerunVintage.Wine

Post Reply New Post

Go to top