Blast from the Past Thread #12 Extn... Saansey - Page 3

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Thanks a lot Indi, Durga for this breather and the extension thread. Great looking first page...

There is a color, spice, a certain flavor, missing from my life past few days.. feels its just been added by landing here!! Thank you ladies!

Didn't we all had our own Sansey ruk gayee moments through out this roller coaster ride!!
Edited by Horizon - 10 years ago
cinthiann1758 thumbnail
πŸ˜†πŸ˜†Indi I brought this over from thread 11 because I just found it and never responded,; it was from my review titled Does it make a difference to you or something like that,  so here goes:

the maniacal gardener... don't you just adore him? love your flinging the question right back at this intense, heart hiding man, but i am the fool that wants to protect him all the time, precisely because he is so damn nasty... that always and only says he's going to pieces inside... teehee, maniac fan me. cynthia, i never felt asr really ever figured out exactly why khushi made a difference till that moment of realisation when his sister comes home after the accident and says you shouldn't wait to tell the people you love that you do love them. i do not believe he is such a coward that despite knowing he loves her he will run off to get engaged to another girl. my feeling: he is completely rattled by the phenomenon that is khushi, she who gets under his skin just like that. she makes a heck of a  difference but he really doesn't know why...not yet...the word love he has carefully kept away from himself since a young age, believing it to be more of a curse than anything else. he wants her madly and this disturbs him, he wants to just run away from the feeling to "safety" yet try as he might, he can't. a bit of that in khushi too these days. she perhaps has reached the word "love," but he? i seriously doubt it. his behaviour after he reaches that feeling and identifies it, is just the opposite of running away, isn't it? even when he thinks she's deadly vamp who's out to ruin his sister's life, he wants her, he ties her to him, and no matter how hard he tries to hate her, the love just won't let him. 

sorry for going on... what difference does it make to me... πŸ˜† loved your short sharp take. missing you these days.

INDI, I JUST WATCHED THE EPISODE WHERE ARNAV HAS DISAPPOINTED DI.  SHE  THINKS HE LIED ABOUT HIS MEETING IN AGRA AND THEY ALL WALKED IN TO AN INTIMATE SCENE OF A&K.  SHE DOESN'T WANT TO TALK WITH HIM BUT EVENTUALLY SHE DOES.  HE TELLS HER WHY HE MARRIED KUSHI, FOR HER AND HER CHILD.  HE THEN TELLS HER HE DIDN'T LOVE KUSHI AT THE TIME OF THE FORCED MARRIAGE BUT IT WAS AFTER THE MARRIAGE HE FELL IN LOVE.  I WAS LIKE  ARE YOU KIDDING ME, MAN?  BUT IF I AM TO TAKE THAT AS HIS REALITY THEN HIS ATTRACTION TO KUSHI WAS JUST THAT, A GUT REACTION, ONE MAYBE OF LUST? AN ATTRACTION HE COULDN'T CONTOL OR GET RID OF IF HE WANTED TO.  THE LOVE CAME AFTER EVEN IF I WANTED TO BELIEVE IT WAS THERE.  DEEPLY COMPLICATED MAN HE WAS.
AND I AM BACK EVEN IF IT MEANS I DON'T SLEEP!

welcome to insomnia and all its pleasures, cynthia.

about that scene... ok, i was also shocked when he said that. but if we look at the scenes candidly... he never once said he loved her, even in his head SO TRUE. it was this inexplicable and utter pull, too strong to be called even an attraction... a faraq padna, if you will. this he couldn't finally deny, when his di said to him after the accident that one should always tell people one cares for what they feel, and not procrastinate. streaming tears in his eyes, tears of deep love and relief, he decided to tell khushi how he feel SO DO YOU THINK THAT HE WAS GOING TO TELL HER HE LOVED HER THEN? HE WAS SIDETRACKED BY THE SHYAM HUG AND "KUSI'S BETRAYAL" why it makes a difference. just a few evenings before he had heard his own heart's dhakdhak and connected it to "khushi!"

but had he connected that dhak dhak to "love"? MY QUESTION EXACTLY.

he is far more complicated than we are willing to let him be. too many expectations, a need to see him as "good" not just as he is. I WOULD LOVE TO SAY I LOVED HIM HOW HE WAS BUT I FOUND MYSELF TOO MANY TIMES BECOMING ANGRY AT HIM FOR HIS BEHAVIOR BUT WHEN HE CHANGED TOWARDS THE END OF THE SERIES I WAS UPSET.  I WOULD LOOK FOR THE OLD ASR. HE BECAME WAY TOO MUSHY.

i took what barun said of his character later very seriously... even if there were things about asr which were not likable, he had to make sure they became so. he worked so hard at doing that, that we started to see asr as our own individual versions of prince charming maybe... completely forgetting that it was his very flaws, his closed heart, his disbelief in love, his raging sexual appeal... all of that had attracted us, had us riveted.TOTALLY AGREE

i have always loved the bad boy in him.ME TOO ALWAYS ATTRACTED TO THE WRONG GUY UNTIL I MET JOHN BUT HE HAS A LITTLE BAD BOY IN HIM AT TIMES!

he was utterly maimed by the effect of "love" on his personal life. the death of his mother had left him broken, saddened, inert in his core. he banished the word love from his life... in his early arguments with nani ji, and evening chats with di he has been clear about that.AND WE SAW THAT IN EPI 132 AND HIS CONVO WITH AKASH.  HE TELLS HIM HE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND THESE LOVE THINGS!  CUTE

he had felt the undeniable need for khushi. it was of course undying love... but did he identify it as that?I DON'T THINK SO HE CALLED IT WEAKNESS, HIS ATTRACTION TO HER HE CONSIDERED HIS WEAKEST LINK.

or did he really come to understand it better as he spent days with her after marrying her trying to hate her but not succeeding... and then before his kidnap, he'd asked himself: why is it hurting me so much to leave khushi? obviously, the word love had still not established itself... till he looked into the nozzle of a gun pointed at him, contemplated death... perhaps only then did he realise what it was all along... khushi, i love you.WHEN YOU FACE YOUR MORTALITY THINGS CAN BE SEEN MUCH CLEARER.  WHAT IS IMPORTANT COMES TO THE FOREFRONT.  KUSHI EQUIVALENT TO LOVE.

he said later, he tried his level best to keep her away from him, hate her even... but his own heart refused to listen to him.❀️

from our point of view it was love all along... but from his, that was a taboo word. he fought as hard as he could... YES HE DID

so in a convoluted way, he did marry her for his di's sake. but we all also felt it was because he couldn't bear the thought of khushi belonging to anyone else... a complex punishing of her for even daring to think of another man... and a desperate attempt to have her no matter what.

but he didn't know this was because he loved her... it's just something he had to do... no explanations. isn't it more fascinating because of this precisely? THIS IS WHERE I GET A LITTLE CONFUSED.  HE WAS ON HIS WAY TO SHARE HIS LOVE WITH KUSHI, FINDS SHYAMD AND KUSHI IN AAN EMBRACE, HE THINKS KUSHI IS HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH SHYAM AND HAS BETRAYED HIM AND HIS SISTER. BUT WHAT ABOUT ALL THE FLIRTATIONS BEFORE LEADING UP TO THE WEDDING.  HE HAD TO KNOW SHE LOVED HIM BUT HIS GUSSA BLINDED HIM AND HE BELIEVED SHYAM.  WHAT SAY?

lust. if it were only that, he would have just had sex with her when he was ready. and he certainly wouldn't have given a damn if she were hurt or not. his tears would not have played such havoc with him.YUP

there is a reason the show is called: what shall we call this love (rough translation). it was no simple love, yet it was love all the while and so much of it, it was the reason for him to start living a full life again. and for her to feel all woman, with a right over someone on this earth. two orphans finally completed by a powerful emotion that gave each back what life had cruelly robbed fro them.πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘

this is why the show could not be called didi ki saut... she never was that... she was the love of his life presented to him in the guise of the other woman. TRUE 

have i rambled enough?ABSOLUTELY NOT!

but ye, would have been nice, if he told her that some day...ow he thought he was marrying for his sister, how he believed it was really so een as late as when he said it to di, but now as he went through all the fiasco of remarriage, and everything... he realises he married her for one and only one reason.. his mad crazy farq padta hai love. "faraq padta hai kyunki tum meri ho... sirf meri... i love you, khushi. hamesha."πŸ‘πŸ˜†

"make s a difference, because you are mine, only mine, i love you, khushi. hamesha."

oh he would have rocked the universe saying that, cynthia, what say.A BIG FAT SIGHHH
SO LOVE THIS SHOW AND CHARACTERS!  HIS CHARACTER WAS SO AMAZING AND DEEP.  LOVED TO LOVE AND HATE HIM!

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Durga, can i add one more to your "saansein " songs of the first page?..."saanson ko saanson mein dhalne do zara" of our very own tom and jerry's "Hum-Tum" . How many times have we thought/heard that this song will be picturized on Arshi. Anyway, never mind... all those images...some watched, few not...yet vivid in our minds!!
PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Indi and Durga thanks for the Saansey thread beautiful write up and saansay lyrics

credit to the uploader

Credit - Uploader

Edited by chalhov - 10 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: mukta3112

Congrats for the new thread. I have been unwell for the past four weeks and hence been able to log on hoping to catch up

hi mukta,

what happened? hope you are better now and feeling good. lovely to see you here. lots of nice things in #12 and many new stories... don't miss thobda discussions. 😳 take care.

indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: DurgaS

Credit for this breathtaking music player with some breathless non-stop music goes to Katelyn πŸ˜‰ 

Ah, now that's soothing. What's a breather without some music.  😳 

~ ~ ~

Saansein ruk jaana meaning stopping of the breath, an important element of IPK, no doubt. And here we are taking a breather at a point when there are some saansein ruk jaana moments.

Saansein ruk gayi - for Akash and Payal - when it dawned on them that they were finally going to be together.

Saansein ruk gayi - for Nani & Anjali - when the engagements of both their  grandsons/brothers were announced

Saansein ruk gayi - for Mami - when she couldn't get a DIL from a rich family

Saansein ruk gayi - for Mamaji - when he saw his son's dreams being fulfilled.

Saansein ruk gayi - for Shyam - when he was caught red-handed by Khushi and had to quickly devise a plan to save himself

Saansein ruk gayi - for Khushi - when she found out that the person she was engaged to was the BIL of Arnavji and Anjaliji's husband

Saansein ruk gayi - for Arnav - when he saw Khushi in a shocked state and could not find out the reason

Saansein ruk gayi - for Lavanya - when she saw Arnav's concern for Khushi

And now I will take a pause and catch a breath. While I do that, I can recall some songs on the word 'Saans/Saansey'. 

Saans from the movie 'Jab tak hai jaan'
This song was never in the show, but still already belonged to it since the rumours of a rain song on the song 'Saans', were spread all over

Saans mein teri saans mili to
Mujhe saans aayi (3)
Rooh ne choo li jism ki kushboo
Tu jo paas aayi (3)

(Translation soon...) 😊  

Meri saanson ko from the movie 'Badalte rishtey'
A classic one from the above mentioned movie, it is beautifully worded and the music is touching.  

Meri saanson ko jo mehka rahi hai
Ye pehle pyaar ki khushboo
Teri saanson se shayad aa rahi hai...

(Translation soon...) 😳 

Saanson ki zaroorat from the movie 'Aashiqui'
This song was a superhit when the movie released in the 1990's. The music of the movie was a chartbuster.

Saason ki zaroorat hai jaise (2)
Zindagi ke liye
Bas ek sanam chahiye
Aashiqui ke liye...

(Translation soon...) πŸ˜‰ 

I am gasping for breath after singing these wonderful songs. So, while I take a breather, please do suggest if you come across any more saans/saansein songs. 😊 

wow. durga... all saansey ruk gayi moments and saans songs together... i need to take lambi saansey (translations: long breaths). and who was it that was advised to do that πŸ˜†. oh but i so like him short of breath and temper...

lovely post, partner.

by the way, you appeared like a genie while i was setting up and added music. i found it so cute, i was giggling to myself and thinking we have reached stage telepathy... can you hear me, durga?

and would you believe it, i was thinking, pity we can't add music... voila (as georgette heyer's heroines used to say), you appeared out and pasted on the music edit from dear katelyn. fascinating.

indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Horizon

Thanks a lot Indi, Durga for this breather and the extension thread. Great looking first page...

There is a color, spice, a certain flavor, missing from my life past few days.. feels its just been added by landing here!! Thank you ladies!

Didn't we all had our own Sansey ruk gayee moments through out this roller coaster ride!!

hi horizon,

colour, spice, flavour missing? awww, glad some respite from it here. my saansey have never struggled as much as they have this past year and a half.. i've never been made so aware of its presence. not only am i grateful for this breather, i am abjectly prostrating before the powers that be for switching rhythm and mood 131 onward... saansey really struggled past few epis. πŸ˜†πŸ˜­πŸ˜­

Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
updated my post on page-1, take a look.

Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: DurgaS

Credit for this breathtaking music player with some breathless non-stop music goes to Katelyn πŸ˜‰ 

Ah, now that's soothing. What's a breather without some music.  😳 

~ ~ ~

Saansein ruk jaana meaning stopping of the breath, an important element of IPK, no doubt. And here we are taking a breather at a point when there are some saansein ruk jaana moments.

Saansein ruk gayi - for Akash and Payal - when it dawned on them that they were finally going to be together.

Saansein ruk gayi - for Nani & Anjali - when the engagements of both their  grandsons/brothers were announced

Saansein ruk gayi - for Mami - when she couldn't get a DIL from a rich family

Saansein ruk gayi - for Mamaji - when he saw his son's dreams being fulfilled.

Saansein ruk gayi - for Shyam - when he was caught red-handed by Khushi and had to quickly devise a plan to save himself

Saansein ruk gayi - for Khushi - when she found out that the person she was engaged to was the BIL of Arnavji and Anjaliji's husband

Saansein ruk gayi - for Arnav - when he saw Khushi in a shocked state and could not find out the reason

Saansein ruk gayi - for Lavanya - when she saw Arnav's concern for Khushi

And now I will take a pause and catch a breath. While I do that, I can recall some songs on the word 'Saans/Saansey'. 

Saans from the movie 'Jab tak hai jaan'
This song was never in the show, but still already belonged to it since the rumours of a rain song on the song 'Saans', were spread all over

Saans mein teri saans mili to
Mujhe saans aayi (3)
Rooh ne choo li jism ki kushboo
Tu jo paas aayi (3)

(Translation soon...) 😊  

Meri saanson ko from the movie 'Badalte rishtey'
A classic one from the above mentioned movie, it is beautifully worded and the music is touching.  

Meri saanson ko jo mehka rahi hai
Ye pehle pyaar ki khushboo
Teri saanson se shayad aa rahi hai...

(Translation soon...) 😳 

Saanson ki zaroorat from the movie 'Aashiqui'
This song was a superhit when the movie released in the 1990's. The music of the movie was a chartbuster.

Saason ki zaroorat hai jaise (2)
Zindagi ke liye
Bas ek sanam chahiye
Aashiqui ke liye...

(Translation soon...) πŸ˜‰ 

I am gasping for breath after singing these wonderful songs. So, while I take a breather, please do suggest if you come across any more saans/saansein songs. 😊 

❀️Durga what a "sanse ruk gayi moments" and yes this show is giving us a lot of these moments .These two make us stop breathing when they go through all of these emotional tracks and now the next track is all again "stop Breathing " as we are approaching to the "sanse ruk jana moments" like

Payesh Sangeet,Teri Meri,Arnav's sensous kiss, Khushi's impulsive kiss to make him paralyze along with us, chooriyan, NK and jealousy ,ASR and serving food to help her queen and much much more to keep us on our edge for uneven breathing...

Lovely songs collections my friendπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBQqW7FuBu0[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by ArshiHamesha - 10 years ago
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Horizon

Durga, can i add one more to your "saansein " songs of the first page?..."saanson ko saanson mein dhalne do zara" of our very own tom and jerry's "Hum-Tum" . How many times have we thought/heard that this song will be picturized on Arshi. Anyway, never mind... all those images...some watched, few not...yet vivid in our minds!!

Horizon, There are bunches of VMs made on this song. 
Appy won in a IF contest to make this VM.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=e3UaX5F5HvI[/YOUTUBE]