Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sochona thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
i know that people are not going to like what i have to say but this is what i feel from watching her interactions with gautam that she doesnt like him.she takes great pains to avoid him. it could be for whatever reasons, personal dislike, previous experience of fan behaviour or hubby. but what is important is that it does not reflect in their onscreen chemistry. i guess isse kehte hain proffessionalim.
shubsmayur thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: vaishali-AR

I agree.. Sometimes I feel, that its not these actors but us fans who tend to mix personal with professional life.. If you look at it that way, she has very smartly demarcated personal from professional.. Onscreen she is Kumud and offscreen she is Jennifer Winget.. Despite of not giving any offscreen scoops to the media and us fans, SaMud went onto win two awards as a couple,which means they both are doing their role perfectly..  Instead of asking her how she feels about winning the award and about her show in general, why should the media ask about Karan and how she misses him? About her not posing with GR, I'd say let's watch the whole event first.. there can be ''n'' number of reasons for her rushing.. lets not speculate based on assumptions..we only see what media shows and the way they want to show things.. zoom, freeze on two actors looking in opposite direction and make it look like they are at war.. where the fact maybe that the shots were from different time frame..

well said, its sometimes us who misinterpret whole things, all fans want to watch their fav onscreen couple having fun off screen also but its not necessary that you gel with each and every person,  and i didn't find any of the cold vibes between them though we haven't seen much interviews but in all of them i have enjoyed watching "jenam" they were good, they  both are thorough professionals what else we expect from them,being she is married if she keeps the distance than its a good thing, every person is not same i have seen some actress who are married but get along with their co star very well its all about each ones personal choice, you can't force a person to act or behave as you want.

And far as SPA concerned well i don't think there is any Compulsion from SP, that u have come with ur co star and u have to pose with them its completely up to them, if it was that necessary than we would surely have much more red carpet pics of samud. 

Edited by shubsmayur - 10 years ago
hotdogg thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
The way I look at it...we as fans...

- end up transferring our own wishes / desires on the cast.
- we would love to see them play a happy 'couple' both in real and reel life... It sort of completes the picture for us...makes us feel the universe is in balance...all is well types...
- in this case we know jennifer is married, so then we hope for the next best alternative which is that they are great friends in real life...
- if it doesn't happen ... I guess then its for us as fans to learn how to switch on & off and seperate the real life from reel life of the cast.

- our scope of consideration should be the show...is there great chemistry when the lights are on or not?...if yes, we should simply leave it at that and enjoy the magic these guys dish up day in & day out...

- this show is depicting intimacy & sensuality beautifully...its more of a mental effect than the physical...we all loved the passion of saras when he said 'tumhari zulfe sirf mere chehre pe...' why cannot jennifer's husband feel the same in real life?..

- the real problem I think is that he is a loudmouth...witness his outburst in media after winning some award ...

- and maybe there's a tinge of professional jealousy too...coz there's a new hero in town...who came out of nowhere and in 3-4 months has captured mindshare it took him 7 - 8 years to achive...not only that the new hero can actually act..

- some of us feel that real life warmth if missing leaks into reel life performance...but we do not consider the other dependencies for a magical performance like script, direction, preparation time, health etc...

- and genuine friendship does take time to build...

- the more we get frantic and react, the more difficult it is for both jennifer & gautam to bond...coz there's always the fan reaction in mind..

- net net...we typically love characters ..e.g. For me personally, Meredith & Derek in Grey's Anatomy have the most intense, deep, magical chemistry I have ever seen in any show...no one comes even close ...not even Samud...and they have been doing this show for 9 years now...and its still sizzling ...maybe  more now than it was earlier...but do fans bother what they do in real life? not really...

- I guess we fans are passionate...that's why we love the show...but maybe we need to follow saras' line... 'mein show se hi shuru or show pe hi khatam hona chahta hoon'

👍🏼

Edited by hotdogg - 10 years ago
anitamalik thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I can't believe you're judging her professionalism based on the fact she was only in the frame with Gautam for 1 sec. You can tell she was being called by someone and had to leave. Gautam was giving an interview and she decided to take a peek and come into the same frame...but had to leave. Seriously, stop judging her professionalism based on what you decide. You don't know what she was doing over there...seriously, just be happy she plays her part well. It's not like she doesn't give interviews with GR. I love the two actors...and you need to realize that they aren't uncomfortable...the fan frenzy is just going over the top. I bet they seriously have begun laughing over all this now...all the actors.  As long as she's playing her part well, we need to stop overobsessing about how the actors interact...seriously.
Edited by anitamalik - 10 years ago
Ayushii_Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: vaishali-AR

I understand your concern but do you think Jennifer is going to read this.. She doesn't visit any social networking site after her facebook account got hacked thrice. She said that in a recent interview. So if she's not going to read this message how is it gonna help the cause? The only thing that will happen is people will let out their disappointment and anger over a trivial thing and the absolute joy of them winning the best couple award will get masked..

agree
-Ivy- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: hotdogg

- we would love to see them play a happy 'couple' both in real and reel life... It sort of completes the picture for us...makes us feel the universe is in balance...all is well types...
- in this case we know jennifer is married, so then we hope for the next best alternative which is that they are great friends in real life...
- if it doesn't happen ... I guess then its for us as fans to learn how to switch on & off and seperate the real life from reel life of the cast.

- our scope of consideration should be the show...is there great chemistry when the lights are on or not?...if yes, we should simply leave it at that and enjoy the magic these guys dish up day in & day out...

- this show is depicting intimacy & sensuality beautifully...its more of a mental effect than the physical...we all loved the passion of saras when he said 'tumhari zulfe sirf mere chehre pe...' why cannot jennifer's husband feel the same in real life?..

- the real problem I think is that he is a loudmouth...witness his outburst in media after winning some award ...

- and maybe there's a tinge of professional jealousy too...coz there's a new hero in town...who came out of nowhere and in 3-4 months has captured mindshare it took him 7 - 8 years to achive...not only that the new hero can actually act..

- some of us feel that real life warmth if missing leaks into reel life performance...but we do not consider the other dependencies for a magical performance like script, direction, preparation time, health etc...

- and genuine friendship does take time to build...

- the more we get frantic and react, the more difficult it is for both jennifer & gautam to bond...coz there's always the fan reaction in mind..

- net net...we typically love characters ..e.g. For me personally, Meredith & Derek in Grey's Anatomy have the most intense, deep, magical chemistry I have ever seen in any show...no one comes even close ...not even Samud...and they have been doing this show for 9 years now...and its still sizzling ...maybe  more now than it was earlier...but do fans bother what they do in real life? not really...

- I guess we fans are passionate...that's why we love the show...but maybe we need to follow saras' line... 'mein show se hi shuru or show pe hi khatam hona chahta hoon'

👍🏼

A very perceptive analysis. Witnessing it for the first time, this level of fan frenzy for television stars truly staggers me. I suppose it is because people see them on their screens every day as opposed to three or two point five hours in a movie cinema. So they tend to become more invested. But this can be a double-edged sword.

I cannot say anything about the show because I have just started catching up on the episodes (am on episode ten now) so it will presumptuous on my part to talk about later intimate scenes. But from what I have seen in the show, Saras and Kumud have this explosive attraction which is very riveting to watch, case in point, that haldi paste scene near the pond was WOW. Reading some of the posts here, seems they later lose that charm and gain it back. Oh well, everything has its ups and downs.

So the only thing I can really comment on is off-screen equations and it genuinely escapes me why Jennifer's marital life issues is the only off-screen aspect of SC that has been given so much attention, that has been made the only thing that people can talk about. And I can only deduce one thing, too much information has been provided by the couple themselves on their married life. Especially that "photographic memory" interview by Grover. To hear those words coming out of his mouth was a rude shock. Their fans may go 'aww' but the SC fans are going to judge him on it. The recent TOI interview of Jennifer's was also too TMI for my liking. Everytime the media asks, you give them something, so why would they let go of the issue? Keep it short and simple. Take the fifth. Just don't give 'em the ammunition to take a million shots at you in a million different ways. Because when someone hands you a grenade, it is innate human nature to take off the pin and throw it. 

Lastly, and I may be going off on a tangent here, but Gautam Rode is damn hilarious. Love watching his off-screen interviews. He brings an energy that is so infectious, whereas as Saras, in the initial episodes he is so restrained =)

hotdogg thumbnail
@idiotviewer

welcome to the SC universe...

...and agree with you...

..as you go through the episodes beyond #10, you will experience the reasons for the fan frenzy!
..these two have sizzled and scorched the scene with their chemistry...most of the time without hardly touching ...
...the story context iwas / is largely mental...and the subteness was something unique and never seen before..
..lot of it was due to the great writing, direction and of course their talent..

...then trp started going down since the context / treatment was beyond the typical saas - bahu audience...

...in the course correction by the channel & production house mistakes inadvertently occured...abrupt track changes, logic ki vaats, playing to the gallery with trp like scenes etc.

... in one of the course corrections, there was emphasis on more marketing...where again a major mistake occured..
- once upone a time there were no interviews
- then later a lot of interviews...which were prominently marketed.
- in which the cast naively brought up the whole discomfort issue / we are not really friends / jennifer's husband opinions etc.

... all this took this jodi to the top - Best National & Intl Jodi in just 4 months of the show...
... but fans have identified / emotionally invested so much in the characters that the line is blurring between the real and reel...
...and this has pricked the happy bubble the fans were living in...

..and fan frenzy is a double - edged sword...I guess it is a learning for the cast too...

neways...the overall maturity of fans you will see on this forum is high...we will crib as is our right ...but in the end we love the characters too much to really have any lasting grouse.

😊

Rogue... thumbnail
Originally posted by: hotdogg

👍🏼

@ BOLD 
I beg to differ with u on this particular point .  Karan does feel like tht abt her in real life & thts the reason all this commotion began in the frst place ! LOL !  ...Maybe he didn't say Saras's xact words  .. bt he did say sumthin' along this line on her SBS birthday seg ... uhh  like '' U will always b ONLY mine  ''  !  😉 
Abt him bein' a loudmouth ...  well I feel tht he doesn't believe in bein' diplomatic .  He jst speaks wat he feels ... & mayb this is the quality tht attracted Jenny to him ...his fans wud say his honesty & haters wud say his stupidity  ... bt watevr ' may b I think Jenny luvs this quality in him.  Actually its the actors who r diplomatic we tend to like them a lot more than the ones who arnt!   Its jst tht they play their games safely...nothin' more nothin' less !
Regarding his so called ''tinge of professional jealousy '' abt Gautam... well thts absolutely a negative!  Gautam is nt new in this industry ...infct he's seen more yrs of this industry than Karan. 
He hs been doin tit bit roles in shws ...it tuk him more than 13 yrs to bag a main lead & becum Saraswatichandra   while Karan ws immensely popular  wen he ws jst round 25 yrs of age as Dr. Armaan ... & with QH he's reachin' even greater heights !
I still recall readin' an article  durin' his Dr.Armaan days .. tht he hd to continuously change his cell no. due to fangirls callin' him at odd hrs ... he gt mobbed at the Kolkata airport by a group of crazy women wen he ws there fr a concert !  Dnt think Gautam hs this kinda fan frenzy even nw !
So yr point abt him bein' jealous of Gautam ...is absolutely unacceptable . 
Having said this,   I mst say my intentions aren't to belittle Gautam ... coz I too like him as an actor .. way beter than the Gurmeets & Vivians     & m' too surprised where ws he all these yrs !! He's too gud .  He hs the luks .. the screen presence & he cn actually act !
Edited by Abaddon - 10 years ago
hotdogg thumbnail
Originally posted by: Abaddon

@ BOLD 
I beg to differ with u on this particular point .  Karan does feel like tht abt her in real life & thts the reason all this commotion began in the frst place ! LOL !  ...Maybe he didn't say Saras's xact words  .. bt he did say sumthin' along this line on her SBS birthday seg ... uhh  like '' U will always b ONLY mine  ''  !  😉 
Abt him bein' a loudmouth ...  well I feel tht he doesn't believe in bein' diplomatic .  He jst speaks wat he feels ... & mayb this is the quality tht attracted Jenny to him ...his fans wud say his honesty & haters wud say his stupidity  ... bt watevr ' may b I think Jenny luvs this quality in him.  Actually its the actors who r diplomatic we tend to like them a lot more than the ones who arnt!   Its jst tht they play their games safely...nothin' more nothin' less !
Regarding his so called ''tinge of professional jealousy '' abt Gautam... well thts absolutely a negative!  Gautam is nt new in this industry ...infct he's seen more yrs of this industry than Karan. 
He hs been doin tit bit roles in shws ...it tuk him more than 13 yrs to bag a main lead & becum Saraswatichandra   while Karan ws immensely popular  wen he ws jst round 25 yrs of age as Dr. Armaan ... & with QH he's reachin' even greater heights !
I still recall readin' an article  durin' his Dr.Armaan days .. tht he hd to continuously change his cell no. due to fangirls callin' him at odd hrs ... he gt mobbed at the Kolkata airport by a group of crazy women wen he ws there fr a concert !  Dnt think Gautam hs this kinda fan frenzy even nw !
So yr point abt him bein' jealous of Gautam ...is absolutely unacceptable . 
Having said this,   I mst say my intentions aren't to belittle Gautam ... coz I too like him as an actor .. way beter than the Gurmeets & Vivians     & m' too surprised where ws he all these yrs !! He's too gud .  He hs the luks .. the screen presence & he cn actually act !

sure..

- what's kicking about him that makes jennnifer love him is personal between them and not our concern...😊

- like I said, I would also agree with him if he feels that  way about jennifer in real life... that's deep love right?...we can all say they are professionals, but would be a perfectly natural reaction to feel that way...

- but should they publicly talk about it ...maybe once...but all the time?...not so sure...

- about 'professional jealousy' let me clarify...its not about gautam & him...its about gautam & him as a jodi with jennifer... from what I have read (not seen the Dr. Armaan serial) theirs was the benchmark reel jodi...

...till saraswatichandra happened...

...now if everyone is going ga ga and in raptures over gautam & jennifer's jodi / chemistry etc...you would perhaps feel a twinge of jealousy...even in reel life you would want your story's chemistry to still be the benchmark...

... the problem is
- their real & reel life merged and now have a real public history...
- his naive style bhai statements ... (i) made out of ignorance of saraswatichandra's real fan following, (ii) directly responding to loaded questions by media (who are doing their job to get masala), (iii) some bit of 'professional jealousy' of a new on screen chemistry benchmark with your partner..

- the key problem is not being highlighted...weak script and trp related track changes...

- everything else in gautam & jennifer's real lives was the same at the beginning ...but did not effect the reel life because of a tight script.

..however weak script lowered the reel life impact...and because of the problem above, is now contributing to a negative perception and very personal real life backlash for jennifer..which is not justified...

... i am hoping with the new writer, director etc. the show will be back on track and we will leave all this behind us...maybe in the future even laugh about our reactions... storm in a tea-cup types...

😎

-Ivy- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hotdogg, Thank you. My presence in this universe is very transitory. I come and I go =) 

Thank you for not giving any of the story away... I appreciate your vagueness in describing the storylines - it has already got me more intrigued. Hopefully now that TAM is no longer a factor, creativity will not be compromised. Though I'm surprised that it was even in the case in the first place since this is SLB's show. But then we dunno how much he is involved in it. 

I hope so too that this is a learning experience for everyone involved. Let's hope for the best, i don't really expect joint interviews of the two actors. It's their prerogative but I am really hoping for a Saras-Kumud performance at the SPA. Though I don't think we will get it since they both seemed relatively relaxed instead of running off to get ready for their act.