Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: nikitagmc

@bold: LOL, no one knows for sure. Everyone here is trying to interpret it I guess.

I personally feel they have used Shudh in the sense that its a 'totally unadulterated' Desi romance, the Shudh is not used in association with sexuality. Then again Totally Desi Romance doesn't make any sense does it?๐Ÿ˜†

I give up. I'll wait for the trailer.๐Ÿ˜†

Nahin they didn't need to use SHUDH if they were just trying to show desiness...uske like desi word is enough...I think they are definitely trying to use Shudh in terms of sexual irony about what so called sati-savitris in small town India are really like...as the trailer shows Parineeti smoking, Sush-Pari living together or atleast sleeping together...there is nothing "shudh" in this...irony at play๐Ÿ˜†

I'm not sure how much I'm liking the SOUND of this story๐Ÿค”

I hope the actual trailer makes me warm up to the overall story and characters more.  As of now all I can say is that Sush-Pari look cute...and that's about it...the overall movie isn't appealing much.
bonnefille thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: AreYaar

Nahin they didn't need to use SHUDH if they were just trying to show desiness...uske like desi word is enough...I think they are definitely trying to use Shudh in terms of sexual irony about what so called sati-savitris in small town India are really like...as the trailer shows Parineeti smoking, Sush-Pari living together or atleast sleeping together...there is nothing "shudh" in this...irony at play๐Ÿ˜†

I'm not sure how much I'm liking the SOUND of this story๐Ÿค”

I hope the actual trailer makes me warm up to the overall story and characters more.  As of now all I can say is that Sush-Pari look cute...and that's about it...the overall movie isn't appealing much.

It could also be that Sushant and Parineeti are forced into an arranged marriage by their parents and eventually fall in love. Vaani could be Sushant's girlfriend who refuses to marry him . In the bus, Sushant and Parineeti are definitely part of a baarat (marriage party) and both are seen in wedding clothes. Parineeti in a lehnga in the bathroom and Sushant in a suit with garland around his neck while he is doing namaste. So, the story could be anything. Just guessing around!

Although, I find the bold part mentioned by you more interesting.      

YRF definitely knows how to keep a secret! ๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by bonnefille - 10 years ago
.dOn. thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
zoya ka naam badalke gayatri rakh diya. looks like the same character from ishaqzaade.๐Ÿ˜†
Originally posted by: bonnefille

It could also be that Sushant and Parineeti are forced into an arranged marriage by their parents and eventually fall in love. Vaani could be Sushant's girlfriend who refuses to marry him . In the bus, Sushant and Parineeti are definitely part of a baarat (marriage party) and both are seen in wedding clothes. Parineeti in a lehnga in the bathroom and Sushant in a suit with garland around his neck while he is doing namaste. So, the story could be anything. Just guessing around!

Then the film would've been called Shudh Desi Serial.๐Ÿ˜†

MadhuriDixit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
omg cant waitt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
The teaser is adorable. Makes me curious.
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
I wonder why they have used this "ek chidiya, anek chidiya" song?

Apparently there is another trailer next week. Is YRF feeling okay? ๐Ÿ˜†
Haeyeol thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: chocolover89

I wonder why they have used this "ek chidiya, anek chidiya" song?

Apparently there is another trailer next week. Is YRF feeling okay? ๐Ÿ˜†

๐Ÿ˜ƒTheres another next week? think its the other girl!!

the last movie they promoted so much was ETT. 
lol..Adi bumped his head. 
or its MD controlling YRF atm. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
Minion23 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
for those wondering what the reasoning is behind using ek chidiya๐Ÿ˜ณ

CREDIT TANMI ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

'Ek chidiya, anek chidiya' in new film

Makers of Sushant-Parineeti's next will play the old iconic song in their first digital teaser

Yash Raj Films' (YRF) next, starring Sushant Singh Rajput and Parineeti Chopra, has a unique title ' Shudh Desi Romance (SDR). And to market the film, which is directed by Maneesh Sharma, the makers have come up with a unique strategy as well.
The poster of Shudh Desi Romance

A source close to the production house reveals, "The unusual title has created a lot of buzz among cinemagoers. This time around, YRF will be releasing their first digital teaser promo before the theatrical trailer. They've never done this before and are looking forward to it. The film has a fresh theme and feel to it."

YRF is known to market its films aggressively and with innovative approaches. For their last release, Aurangzeb, they even held a mock press conference where Arjun Kapoor interviewed himself, as he has a double role in the film.

And we're also informed that the soundtrack used for SDR's trailer will feature a pleasant surprise. "The digital teaser will have an old track called 'Ek chidiya, anek chidiya'. This ditty is one of the most iconic songs from the '70s, which would often play on the television channel Doordarshan," says the source.

Ask why they plan on using this particular tune and the source says, "The track encompasses the real spirit of the film, which is set in the hinterland of India. In the trailer, it is picturised on a montage of Sushant and Parineeti. The song gives a hilarious take to the scene." The film also stars newcomer Vaani Kapoor.

Ipshitaa thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Nicely made trailer! I am amused.
@ the second trailer...hmm..looks like Parineeti is starring in Isaqzaade 2. Don't really know what to think  about the use of  "ek chidiya" :S
Edited by Ipshitaa - 10 years ago