Very Happy. :)

sherlock thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Cheerful after watching today's episode.

First of all, the actor playing Lord Hanuman is doing a very good job, & today also, he was spot-on during the Hanuman-Raavan conversation. I always like the fact that in this show, very many times, dialogues characters speak are straight out of one scripture or the other. Today also, whatever Shri Hanuman said to Raavan, taunting him for his ignominious defeats at the hands of Sahastrabahu & Vali, or comparing an otherwise successful person but devoid of dharma with a beautiful lady adorned with all kinds of gold jewels, still', all this is straight out of Shri Ram Charit Manas.

Also, I'm very happy they showed Sitaji asking Agnidev to make sure that no harm comes to Hanuman. This incident, though a rather minor one, remains close to my heart, possible because of the way Saint Soordas describes this in his 'Shri Ram Charitavali,' and I am a big fan of Saint Soordas' poetry throughout his 'Shri Ram Charitavali.'

Though sage Ved Vyas too mentions this incident of Sitaji telling Agni to protect Lord Hanuman, in his 'Adhyatma Ramayan' (4th chapter of Sunderkand), but there, sage Ved Vyas has mentioned this almost in passing, in a single shloka.

Saint Soordas describes it beautifully, saying at one place that Agnidev was frightened of Maa Sita's anger, and made sure that a burning tail causes no harm to Shri Hanuman!!   

I wish more incidents in this show would have been shown the way saint Soordas describes them, some are very beautiful. For example, in the song, "kaho Kapi, kaise utrey paar" Shri Janaki asks Hanuman, "tell me son, how you crossed that vast ocean?" Shri Hanuman replies, "Mother, the might of Shri Ram was the boat, and your power acted as an oar. With you two helping me, I crossed the ocean in an instant."  

Another song from 'Shri Ram Charitavali' which remains a favourite of many devotees is "Kankan-mochan" (untying the knots of Shri Sitaji's bangles), describing events during the marriage of Sita & Ram.

For a serial which tried to show some "unseen chapters" they could have included these too.

Anyways..😊 

Edited by sherlock - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7
yes I also loved the episode..especially hanuman and ravan conversation.thanks for the information about sita asking agni deva to protect hanuman ...
Edited by nneeiill - 10 years ago
sherlock thumbnail

Not sure why, but I suddenly feel like writing something more here.😊

But what?😕

Let me think of something. 

sherlock thumbnail
OK.

So this is especially for Tripti123, Kamurali, Namzz, Nneeiill, & Sugar_21.

Salient points of Saint Soordas' song, "Untying the knots of Sitaji's bangles."

Friends of Sitaji asked Ram to untie the knots of Sita's bangles.

The moment Shri Ram touched Sitaji's hands, he was so love-struck, his hands started shaking visibly.

Thus, he was unable to untie the knots of the bangles.

Friends of Sita had a hearty laugh seeing his condition on holding Sitaji's hands, and taunted him by saying, "This is beyond your ability, Raghuveer. Better call your mother, queen Kaushalya, to help you out."

Lost in Sita's thoughts, and surrounded by so many damsels who were supporting their friend Sita, Shri Ram lost the game of Joop every time, and Shri Janaknandini kept winning.

Thus, supreme bliss was drenching Janakpur during Sita-Ram marriage, which bhakts like Shri Sukdev have described so beautifully.

P.S. I'm yet to understand what exactly was tied to Sitaji's bangles that Shri Ram was supposed to untie.

If anyone here can tell me about it, that will be great. ðŸ˜Š

sherlock thumbnail

This is the best Ramayan on TV ever. Without a doubt. OK, I admit that I haven't watched the previous two properly, hey, I was too young when the first one aired. But even then, I am 100% certain that this is the best Ramayan.

I've said before that actors playing Shri Sita, Ram, Lakshman, Hanuman, are doing great, & look perfect in their respective roles. And the dialogues between characters always remind me of my beloved texts.

"The mighty bears & monkeys bowed their heads at Lord's lotus feet. Shri Ram surveyed the whole monkey army. Getting power from His grace, monkeys appeared as if huge mountains with wings. Shri Ram & His army then started marching towards Lanka.

Shri Janaknandini immediately came to know of Shri Ram's march. Her throbbing left limbs told her so.

Formidable monkeys & bears gnash their teeth, & dash forward shouting, "glory to Shri Ram." With the mighty army marching forward, the earth rocked, mountains trembled, & the oceans were agitated" – RCM.

Mandodari to Raavan, "Look my lord, Shri Ram's army has reached the ocean. The dust flying from the march of his army has masked the sky & cloaked the Sun."—SRC.

Raavan being told about Lanka's condition, "Ever since Shri Ram's wife Sita has entered Lanka, dark ominous clouds always hover over this land, dreadful lightning strikes, and inauspicious clouds shower warm blood over Lanka. Idols in the temples keep crying, rodents fight with cats & mongoose, & citizens of lanka keep seeing Kaalpurusa (Yama) eyeing their homes." – Adhyatma.

The final scene of today's episode, Sitaji-Trijata dialogue, reminded me of beautiful words of a saint. Pity I'm unentitled to repeat them.

Best Ramayan ever.