Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: Charishma

@Sona: exactly. Sultan is working. You know what stood out for me during the whole shootout thing? When Madhu was missing and RK was sitting there drinking and said to someone (Deepali?) 'someone is taking Madhu far away from me'.

I don't think the cv's would have proceeded with Sulbala regardless of all else. But they made their best attempt. They left huge holes in his character so that they could develop him further if need be. And its working so they're proceeding.

Have you noticed though, how he entered and the way that it was? It seemed to me (and don't get angry anyone lol) that he was an angry young man (kind of like RK) with a heart. He even first appeared as 'the other man', just as RK did. Then there's his weird ways. He kidnapped her. And blindfolded her. He used his own son to draw out his enemies! No angel this guy. He's designed to appeal to an audience that has grown disenchanted with RK, or never cared much for his vibe to begin with.

He's just plain awesome basically lol. He's an angry young man done right. The way he burst out of the water and semi-saved her, reminded my of another DD scene in a previous show.

</div>
<div>

wow wow wow...are all sulbalians gifted writers...luks like rk fans hv nothr aspect to b jealous of...coz sulbalians cum up with the bestest posts in the forum
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Originally posted by: pinkydiva

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">
Sona I don't think the viewers had a say in the Mukund not coming back to the storyline...This is what I feel ki Mukund even when he was there was not accepted because of the storyline given to the Trio...Madhu's rapport with Mukund got her termed as a Low Character because the show was supposed to be about Madhu and RK...RK was the Central character but Madhu was getting engaged to Mukund...the viewers couldn't see that why that was being penned that particular way...Also Madhu-Madhu love angle developed at the cost of turning RK Grey...It almost looked like RK was the Villain and Madhu-Mukund the Hero-Heroine...Plus honestly Mukund never had the screen presence like Sultan has now...Bringing him back as a Negative Character to get revenge after knowing the truth etc would not have worked...

What the CV's wanted was for a Character who was equally powerful or more when compared to RK, enter Sultan a Don...A Gangster. They wanted somebody to put RK in his tracks... Many of the Sultan fans today were intrigued back then ki Don Ya No Don, how come he use his own son and that too who is a cripple as a Bait...Intrigue calls for Interest...Sultan's character was developed keeping Haji Mastan in mind, myth is that there have been Dons after Don who ruled Mumbai City but never has there been a Man like Haji Mastan...The Initial Characteristics they developed of him not allowing Drugs into the Main Land etc were keeping this in Mind...

One of the Biggest example of scrapping a Character like Mukund was, Bhujang...The Sultan parallel track was supposed to be majorly directed to Bhujang...Siddarth Vasudeva was casted because of the ruthlessness he brought into a Character (You can watch Amrit Manthan to verify this) but that did not work...Audience did not want to see Sultan pitted against Bhujang, but they enjoyed the effect Sultan-Madhu together were making on RK...The Holi festival had to be the highest point here...The RK-Madhu romance did not garner much compared to the Madhu-Sultan-Aaryan scenes...But unfortunately TRP Breakdown prevails for a Day not for a particualr scene which is why RK-Madhu fans will believe that their Romance is what got the TRP while the truth is that the real game changer was Madhu running to Sultan to apply color on him to save him...

CV's know that Sultan works well for the show...Which is why inspite of all the tantrums, and tweets he is still on the Show...
</font>

oh yes how can I forget the holi scene...god I can still watch the sulbala n aryan holi scns counless times...I was a crazy rishbala fan but its the power with which they introduced sulanand the infectious avishti chem...literally forced me to ship sulbala
arunima_LUIT thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
  Fab Post !!

Well Cvs are clever and they Know how to enhance the the drama and the curiosity for the audience.

Its apparent Sultan sharing the same space with Madhu and RK would create that tension, drama and curiosity for the audience. ðŸ˜Š

Sultan is a dark horse ...For this show.😊
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Exactly...to blindly worship a character is what we see happen here almost every day...And that is never going to change...The CV's time and again have drawn parallels between the two Male Characters RK-Sultan of the show... it was done so bluntly so that one could see and differentiate... but still BLINDNESS Zindabaad.

True RK postponing his SR, because he is hurt in shock is the lamest excuse ever...but some how I am forced to believe that there is more to him not having the SR than what meets the eye...

Put me in the group that hopes the CVs don't back off or backtrack.  It would make little sense.  It would be completely distasteful for RK's filmsy and weak non-redemption redemption to be shown as genuine.  The CVs understand what they've shown till now.  Madhu was clinging on to him and begging him like someone drowning and holding onto him, without any sense of worth for herself.  RK's "love" and "realization" was always more about Sultan or Deepali, and his reaction after seeing her and Sultan discuss the 'revenge' was classic manipulation.  Everything he said was to make her feel guilty and horrible.

And if they show that crap as genuine, it's absolutely distasteful.  
Edited by likarsh - 10 years ago
KhatamKahani thumbnail

Sona that is the Point...Koi Kuch Bhi Kahe...Ladki jisko milti hai woh hi Hero kehlata hai...How would RK be the Hero had Madhu ended up with Mukund??? By default because of his ways he would have straightaway be cast and called a Villain...

Once again had Madhu ended up with Sultan, once again it would be a Slap on the character called RK...because Gautam Hegde himself admitted to both being leads... So the Guy who gets the Girl is the ultimate hero but only in this case the
wedding has taken place with an ulterior motive and I hope that the CV's goes through with it, instead of falling back

And that's the whole thing, no?  People can't get it around their heads that the lead doesn't necessarily have to be the hero, or get the girl.  LOL, Mukund was bashed and trashed simply because he wasn't the lead, RK, who was and is still a jackass.
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Originally posted by: Charishma

@Sona: exactly. Sultan is working. You know what stood out for me during the whole shootout thing? When Madhu was missing and RK was sitting there drinking and said to someone (Deepali?) 'someone is taking Madhu far away from me'.

I don't think the cv's would have proceeded with Sulbala regardless of all else. But they made their best attempt. They left huge holes in his character so that they could develop him further if need be. And its working so they're proceeding.

Have you noticed though, how he entered and the way that it was? It seemed to me (and don't get angry anyone lol) that he was an angry young man (kind of like RK) with a heart. He even first appeared as 'the other man', just as RK did. Then there's his weird ways. He kidnapped her. And blindfolded her.  He used his own son to draw out his enemies! No angel this guy. He's designed to appeal to an audience that has grown disenchanted with RK, or never cared much for his vibe to begin with.

He's just plain awesome basically lol. He's an angry young man done right. The way he burst out of the water and semi-saved her, reminded my of another DD scene in a previous show.

😆😆😆 @bold.  Excellent point.  Except in Sultan's case, we haven't seen him being a jackass with Madhu, breaking off her engagement, blackmailing and using duress to force Madhu for a marriage.  No, no this other man is not going to earn Madhu's heart due to a forced marriage and an abusive relationship.
Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Drashtifan4ever

Now again were going circles when I said soft RK I meant positive RK. Now your trying to say RK was still rough while being positive??? Than ok?? Isn't it your bias speeking saying RK won't do bad things to Madhu. In reality men like that never change. But if CVs want glorify abuse than so be it. How can you say he he won't make Madhu his punching bag again afte he finds out the truth about his father.

Lets wait and  see how this track pans out but if they go for Sultan-Madhu pairing at any point, the show is going to tank.  I for one will switch off.  Anyway I've had my RK-Madhu shaddi and I can imagine a happily ever after.

I meant the layers of Sultan being established like they were for RK and Madhu. I never said anything about him turning grey. I mean more about his past, his trauma and what not.

A guy who wants to avenge every member of RK's family for what his father did is grey to me. What sort of logic is that? Would he want his son to pay for his crimes as a gangster?  And don't tell me it is because of RK's father he turned a gangster. Not all orphans turn out criminals.

I would say a villainous RK never worked for the show be it with Sultan or without him. Exactly RK has been their whenever the trps have tanked he has been their when trps have been on a rise. He was present when they were tanking recently and they have tanked before without Sultan their. The truth is no one finds abuse entertaining anymore. It has nothing to do with Sultan.

That is my point too. If you turn the hero into the villian the show is going to tank.  Let the real villian unleash his villiany and we can have some real entertainment.  I do hope Sultan hurts RK real bad  (financially and socially) and Madhu sees it all.  That should take the blinkers of her eyes and RK-Madhu can grow stronger. Of course it will not be all sailing and RK and Madhu will have to weather this storm. I'm sure they will come out of it stronger.   

When Arnav and Khushi fell and love and Arnav was softening it was the high point of the show. Same for Geet. Same for Madhubala. No one likes abuse or finds it entertaining.

I have seen the two shows so you don't need to elaborate on how the heroes evolved in both the shows.  As long as the original characteristics of the two heroes were retained the show did well.  Falling in love and softening is natural but that does not mean you lose your original characteristics.  Maan was pathetic in the Amritsar track when he played that driver and Arnav was pathetic  after Arnav-Khushi remarriage. Both the tracks did not do well.

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
...AVI STOLE the shw today again..gosshhh i guess i m bcuming a despo pankhi of AR...i jus cant stop admiring his terrific combo of gud luks n amazing acting...hayyyeee...HE WAS TERRIFIC today...raghu sir rockd the dialogues and AVINESH dialogue delivery with varied emotions...with teary eyes BUT this time it had more ANGER n DISGUST...iissshhh...AMAZING SULTAN scns...also luved the dialogues ...TODAYS EPI is a MUST WATCH for AR...cant wait to see Meera mom waking up...AVINESH STOLE the shw today again..gosshhh i guess i m bcuming a despo pankhi of AR...i jus cant stop admiring his terrific combo of gud luks n amazing acting...hayyyeee...HE WAS TERRIFIC today...raghu sir rockd the dialogues and AVINESH dialogue delivery with varied emotions...with teary eyes BUT this time it had more ANGER n DISGUST...iissshhh...AMAZING SULTAN scns...also luved the dialogues ...TODAYS EPI is a MUST WATCH for AR...cant wait to see Meera mom waking up...