Hum ne li hai... Shapath

Aamir Dalvi's Take on Shapath

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
With Shapath, people are being treated to a different form of fiction entertainment: Aamir Dalvi

Talented actor Aamir Dalvi is extremely happy with the progress of his Life OK show, Hum Ne Li Hai Shapath (Fireworks Productions).

"When I had entered this show last September, we were rating only 0.5 an now we have touched 1.4 TVR. So we have clocked a nearly 100 per cent rise in numbers and have grown in all quarters. What has really worked is the great synergy between the channel and the producer," avers Aamir.

Talking about this up swing, Aamir says, "All along, we have been trying to get the right kind of audiences. Earlier, we have been getting viewers who were linking us to similar other shows such as Crime Patrol and Savdhan India etc though they were non-fictional and our show is fictional. With this new super villain story, we are roping in kids. So people are being treated to a different form of fiction entertainment."

Describing his character Aamir details, "Senior-Inspector Kavi was one time a roadside tapori and police informer. But as he was educated the local ACP convinced him to change lest he is either bumped off or sent behind bars. So the ACP trains him and makes him join the force. He is very brave and daring. There is a funny bone to him as well which is not deliberate."

How did you work on the tapori lingo? "Being a born and bred Mumbaikar, I know the city' slang language very well and the best part is that even here different people speak the lingo in an unique way. Like a Maharashtrian will not speak Hindi in the same way as a Muslim from Mohammed Ali road will. I mix it up all," he laughingly concedes.

At this point, Aamir, who has been around in the tellyland for many years observes, "This show is different from other projects I have done earlier, in the sense that every Saturday or Sunday, we have a new story. So, we are not dragging one issue over three or four weeks. Since we also have new locations and characters in every episode, there is not an iota of monotony. Cop-based crime themes are the new rage. Last but not the least, we are not dealing with kitchen politics and that comes as a big relief."

"One big change in my career has been that for the first time in the last few years, I have managed to get a show which has survived for nearly 12 months. Prior to this, my other recent shows like Sanskar Laxmi (autistic character ), Jyoti (lover boy) and Jeevan Saath did not last long," Aamir maintains.

Looking ahead, Aamir now wants to turn to films like few of his TV counterparts have successfully done. "Now, this is possible as new kinds of films are being made where script is the king. Also TV actors now are very well versed in the acting craft."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MsPrez thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Great interview Aamir!

TFS
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Actually, his Jyoti role did last quite a while, before the show took a nosedive w/ a stupid track.  His joining that show really saved it from being the insufferable wreck that it was at that point.

Talking about this show, will they show Kavi & Bulbul marry, as last Sunday's episode seemed to suggest?
Edited by .Vrish. - 10 years ago
Minionite thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: .Vrish.

Actually, his Jyoti role did last quite a while, before the show took a nosedive w/ a stupid track.  His joining that show really saved it from being the insufferable wreck that it was at that point.

Talking about this show, will they show Kavi & Bulbul marry, as last Sunday's episode seemed to suggest?

Uff that show Jyoti was a terrible wreck. Especially Sudha going back to Brij. But whatever.

I'm guessing they will marry.
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Sushma, not Sudha.  And yeah, Kabir played a rotten role there.

Aamir mentions kitchen politics in the article.  Maybe they could do an episode that centers around Bulbul & Kavi's mom in a saas-bahuesque drama, and have not Kavi, but Diler and the others solve it.  Toss Varun & Meghna in.

One thing - I'll miss Varun once this serial returns to normal.  Unless they make him normal, and have him join the force.  Meghna as well.
Minionite thumbnail
Oh right. Forgot the name.

Haven't seen Varun or Meghna, but will be catching up on all the episodes this week. But given that they have changed the whole cast almost, they might as well add in Varun and Meghna.