Diya Aur Baati Hum

Meri Maa - Meri Bhabho!!!! Pain of surYa (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

jhema

IF-Sizzlerz

jhema

Posted: 13 June 2013 at 10:23pm | IP Logged
It was a painful episode. I expect suraj should hear those words of sandhya.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011Rajeshree53slodkagila

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Meri Maa - Meri Bhabho!!!! Pain of surYa (Page 3)" in Diya Aur Baati Hum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ah99

ah99

Posted: 13 June 2013 at 10:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by UMDU

She firmly believes that her son is making a very grave mistake in encouraging his wife's IPS dreams at the cost of his happiness. She resents the fact that Sandhya is unable to give her son physical happiness.That is the crux of Bhabo's extreme resentment, venom, poison, harsh words use any adjective you want towards Sandhya. I have always maintained that SurYa marriage is not normal. Sandhya just sacrificing her dreams will not make Bhabo happy. Her having a normal marriage with Suraj is what Bhabo expects from Sandhya. Sandhya is unable to see the reason for Bhabo's firm opposition to IPS.

Hello Uma aunty, hope ur doing well Smile

You have always maintained that bhabho is doing this for suraj's happiness. but if that were the case, why would her subconscious mind not even include suraj for a minute in her dream? in her dream, the only things bhabho was worried about was losing authority and sandhya telling her that those are not matkas, it is her ghamand that will be shattered to pieces. where was suraj and his well being in the dream? where was the grandchild and where was the concern for suraj about living away from his wife?

b2011UMDUslodkagila

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Posted: 13 June 2013 at 11:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ah99

Originally posted by UMDU

She firmly believes that her son is making a very grave mistake in encouraging his wife's IPS dreams at the cost of his happiness. She resents the fact that Sandhya is unable to give her son physical happiness.That is the crux of Bhabo's extreme resentment, venom, poison, harsh words use any adjective you want towards Sandhya. I have always maintained that SurYa marriage is not normal. Sandhya just sacrificing her dreams will not make Bhabo happy. Her having a normal marriage with Suraj is what Bhabo expects from Sandhya. Sandhya is unable to see the reason for Bhabo's firm opposition to IPS.

Hello Uma aunty, hope ur doing well Smile

You have always maintained that bhabho is doing this for suraj's happiness. but if that were the case, why would her subconscious mind not even include suraj for a minute in her dream? in her dream, the only things bhabho was worried about was losing authority and sandhya telling her that those are not matkas, it is her ghamand that will be shattered to pieces. where was suraj and his well being in the dream? where was the grandchild and where was the concern for suraj about living away from his wife?

Beta no where have I said Bhabo is not egoistic or does not fear loss of authority. That is definitely an underlying cause. Have you ever wondered why she allows Meena a lot of liberties, allows her to come in and intervene in conversations or aangan dramas, takes a lenient view of her digressions and mistakes but is very very harsh on Sandhya for even minor ones. There is only one reason for it and that is despite all her faults and evil characteristics Meena is a wife to Vikram which Sandhya could never become. She has given her a grand child with very little hope from Sandhya for that. Nobody can dispute her being egoistic but had SurYa had a normal husband wife relationship Bhabo would not be this harsh and cruel is what I meant.

ah99b2011slodkagila

niruba

IF-Sizzlerz

niruba

Posted: 14 June 2013 at 3:03am | IP Logged
shobi, nice post...I just have one thing to say...now I know why suraj always stayed mute + dumb when sandhya got taunted by bhabo LOL...it's a waste of time and energy supporting her LOL

but no matter what, i just love the 'unique' character in her Wink

Edited by niruba - 14 June 2013 at 3:02am

Shailesh_Rathib2011slodkagila

ah99

ah99

Posted: 14 June 2013 at 10:25am | IP Logged
uma aunty, 

i've missed our discussions! Smile

if that alone is the point of contention, then why is bhabho giving those terrifying looks to poor emily? she's the one who promised everyone that if sandy convinces maasa, she will accept emily in all earnesty. however, all emily seems to get is stares (cold or scorching- depending on the situation). atleast emily is trying... 

i firmly believe that bhabho's liberty towards meena is because- meena says exactly what bhabho wants to say, but since meena says it, bhabho gets to play nice in front of the rest of the family. their motives are the same, but meena the mouthpiece will get all the flak for saying the things that she does. its the same reason she lets chavi and mohit weasel out of every deception of theirs. 

on one hand she claims to love suraj the most. on the other hand, she is willing to fall to despicable levels to keep her control over him. she is constantly so insecure that she has to do the things that she is doing. doesn't unconditional love often (and as it should) go with unconditional trust? i seriously find that trust lacking in not only bha-san relationship, but also in bhabho-suraj relationship...

Edited by ah99 - 14 June 2013 at 10:49am

b2011UMDUshruthiravi

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Posted: 14 June 2013 at 2:57pm | IP Logged
@ah99  Bhabo being egoistic or insecure about her position or feeling threatened are established facts. I have said it many a times. My only contention is there are other factors at play. Bhabo gives those terrifying looks to Emily because she can never accept the IR concept which others have accepted. She was very sure Maasa would reject Emily which unfortunately did not happen due to the fire accident. Since Maasa accepted Emily, Bhabo had no choice but to toe the line. She was compelled into some thing through legal pressure and Maasa's prodding. That is the reason for her resentment which is unlikely to go down any time soon. Regarding your second point no doubt Meena says what Bhabo wants to hear but Bhabo would never want Meena to steal money from her son's ATM. Even if she was pregnant did she reprimand her severely when she delivered ...NO. Taking Ved rani medicines and endangering the future waaris of RP, Bhabo would never approve. Did she scold her or pull the place down. NO. There are many instances where Meena's mistakes are either ignored, brushed under the carpet or mildly reprimanded. In Sandhya's case when she denied having helped Chavvi it was not accepted. But the very same Sandhya if she says left the shop door open, it is immediately accepted and pots broken. Her leniency towards Meena and her harshness towards Sandhya to my mind apart from IPS apprehensions (uniform, touching men, danger to life, separation etc ) can have no other reason except the one I have stated. No matter how many feats Sandhya achieves unless she does something in this direction, the likelihood of Bhabo warming up are very slim.

Edited by UMDU - 14 June 2013 at 3:53pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011slodkagila

shruthiravi

IF-Rockerz

shruthiravi

Posted: 17 June 2013 at 12:34am | IP Logged

@ Umaji I may have to disagree on you. If I remember correct in last year's holi episode after the pappad fiasco Bhabo tells Sandhya that " A man can be appeased only in 2 ways, either by good food or by hus-wife relationship. Without doing this both how is she managing to have control on Sooraj"

From there Sandhya is threatneing Bhabo's each and every belief. She cant understand what makes Sooraj stick to Sandhya. In short she is not having control on Sandhya because of Sooraj. She needs that control on her, which Sooraj is unwilling to give her. She taunts, humiliates Sandhya to ascetain her authority and indirectly believing that by hearing this one day her son will also detest his wife.
The way her face went in last week's episode when Sooraj told " I am sure Sandhya is lying, but dont know for what" is an example of this. She couldnt take the fact that inspite of her words, her son trusts his wife more.
Her whole point is not Sooraj's happiness, but the complete control over SURYA. She needs that she needs them to dance to her tunes. She was very clear when She told Sandhya before the first SR "  Dont think I am giving you my son, but I need a grandson from you"
But what went wrong for her was, Sooraj became Sandhya's without she doing anything that Bhabo expected her to do. This is her problem, not Sooraj's happiness.
Sooraj's happiness is just a way for her to justify her actions.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Mrs_Ojhaah99b2011UMDU

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Posted: 17 June 2013 at 3:23am | IP Logged
Shruthi you have missed the point. We were discussing here her leniency towards Meena over grave issues and harshness towards Sandhya. The question here was on differential treatment given to Sandhya and Meena. Your explanation does not deal with that. Bhabo being insecure, wanting to control, being egoistic etc etc are points which are established. No point going into that again and again. If Meena stole the money from ATM and was pregnant and too sick to be punished, Bhabo could have demanded a financial compensation from Vikram for his wife's behavior. Did she do that...NO Why not ? Because Meena was going to give them a waaris. Why when Suraj suffers a loss in the shop due to Sandhya keeping the door open according to Bhabo a matka is broken immediately... Why a clear discrimination in punishment ? One was done intentionally and the other unintentionally. Would it not be fair to give a harsher punishment to Meena. The reason for this outright discrimination apart from my stated IPS objections is Sandhya's inability to be a real wife to Suraj. Bhabo was happy in Singapore with Sandhya as she thought they were getting close. The moment she realised that was not happening she tried sending them away to be alone. When that idea also flopped her bitterness, resentment, spitting venom on Sandhya increased fourfold. She blames IPS for her son's woes and lack of a fulfilling married life.That is the reason Meena gets away with mild reprimand and Sandhya suffers endlessly.

Edited by UMDU - 17 June 2013 at 3:34am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011

Post Reply New Post

Go to top