Devon ke Dev Mahadev

| Glory Of Rudraksh |

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

-Celestial-

IF-Rockerz

-Celestial-

Posted: 13 June 2013 at 10:18am | IP Logged
I was just going through to collect some info about Rudraksh...
as many of the infos I did have already but got some more also... Smile

So According to skanda purana..

Hearing or reading the glory of rudrAxam can drive away the sins of anybody. Be devoted or not, scholar or illiterate, whomsoever it be one who wears the rudrAxa will surely get rid of all the bad deeds. Philosophers call this as mahAvrata. There is no deed more virtuous than wearing rudrAxa. One who gets adorned in a sincere and proper way with thausand rudrAxas, all the divines will salute that person. If thausands are not available sixteen each in both the hands, one at the head top, each hand twelve, in the neck thirty-two, six each in the ears shall be worn. One who wears like that is worshipped by others as if they are Lord rudra. One who wears rudrakshas with pearl, ruby, spaTikam crystals, silver, gold, vaiDUryam (lapis lazuli), that person is rudra Himself ! One who wears the emblem of Lord rudra, the rudraksham, them the sins do not approach as the darkness cannot approach the sun. The chanting (japa) with rudrAxa mala will yield lots of good result. The japa done without that will give the fruit only to the extent of its own glory. Thus very virtuous rudrAxa is not worn by anybody, their life gets wasted like that of the one who does not wear Holy Ash The wise who keeps the rudrAxa at the head and bathes, gets the benefits of bathing in ganges, this is beyond doubt. Such rudrAxas even if only one beed is worn that person gets rid of the sin did in many births. One who anoints rudraksha gets the benefit of anointing shiva linga . One, five and fourteen faced rudrakshas are adorable in all the worlds. Human who worships rudrAxa, even if he/she is very poor, will get all the wealth. skanda purana also refers to many stories that tell the glory of adorning one with shrI rudraksham

Types of Rudraksh

• one face - shiva svarUpam
  • two - devadevi (shiva shakti)
  • three - agni
  • four - brahma
  • five - kAlAgni
  • six - subrahmaNya
  • seven - manmata
  • eight - vinAyaka
  • nine - bhairava
  • ten - viShNu
  • eleven - ekAdasharudra
  • twelve - dvAdashAditya
  • thirteen - shaNmukha
  • fourteen - Lord shiva

Got these info from a site.. ( not at all written completely by me )

just added some words and corrected some spellings Smile

But i liked the info so just posted.. 

RitiSmile

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

niti_123mnx12Surya_krsnbhaktjyoti07kaatayaniMyInspirationzsukhi...Arijit007

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "| Glory Of Rudraksh |" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 13 June 2013 at 11:24am | IP Logged
riti, more info about Rudraksh is given in Devi Bhagavat too.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Celestial-

-Celestial-

IF-Rockerz

-Celestial-

Posted: 13 June 2013 at 11:53am | IP Logged
Meenu di .. the link u have given me was of Devi Puran right not of Devi Bhagavat.. and u said there is no online link for Devi Bhagavat Unhappy so How will I read it now Unhappy plzz arrange something for me ROFL

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 14 June 2013 at 12:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by reeti.poly

Meenu di .. the link u have given me was of Devi Puran right not of Devi Bhagavat.. and u said there is no online link for Devi Bhagavat Unhappy so How will I read it now Unhappy plzz arrange something for me ROFL
That's Devi Bhagvat's link only, It's one of the Maha Puran. So they call it Devi Bhagvat Puran. DP is not awailable onlineSmile

For Rudraksh see this, its fro DB only.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Celestial-

-Celestial-

IF-Rockerz

-Celestial-

Posted: 14 June 2013 at 1:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnx12

Originally posted by reeti.poly

That's Devi Bhagvat's link only, It's one of the Maha Puran. So they call it Devi Bhagvat Puran. DP is not awailable onlineSmile

For Rudraksh see this, its fro DB only.

Okieee now gotit...

BTW may I ask for the devi Bhagvat link again OuchLOL I lost it yday night.. i mean my bookmarks got cleaned Ouch

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 14 June 2013 at 1:21am | IP Logged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top