Do Dil Ek Jaan

I'm here to do my job, not compete: Ayaz Ahmed

-Rema- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Kolkata boy Ayaz Ahmed has bagged his first lead role with 'Do Dil...Ek Jaan'. The new heartthrob of the small screen talks to us about his days in the city, ditching a career in law, romancing co-star Nikita Sharma, and competition in the industry

Tell us about your role in Do Dil...Ek Jaan.
I play Raghu, a typical Mumbai guy, who has shades of grey. Raghu is a gangster and bashes up people. He is like
Robin Hood and makes sure others are happy. He is also concerned about others. He loves his mother and will be caught between her and Antara (Nikita Sharma).

Are you concerned about comparisons with
Vivian Dsena, who is the lead in another serial by the same production house?
I am not here to compete, but to do my job. I love acting and am satisfied with my work as I get to try my hand at action and romance, something that I haven't explored before. The best part is that I get to show my eight years of training in taekwondo and karate on screen.

Do you have B'wood aspirations?
Well, not till the show is on. I am committed to the show and am not even considering it. Films are larger than life, and so is this show. I am happy with what I've got. We had a 30-day sequence in Kashmir. The way we are shooting — camera work, location, techniques is almost on a par with films.

Did you undergo any training for this role?
Since I was lean, I started working out and developed some muscle for the role. I also worked on my look and grew a beard as the character of Raghu required me to appear rugged. We also did our own performance designing. Since Nikita and I haven't done romantic roles before, we also underwent a three-day workshop. But to tell you the truth, romancing on screen is like comedy.

How is your chemistry with Nikita on and off the sets?
On screen, our pair is being appreciated and the chemistry is evident. Off screen I pity her as there are many pranksters on the sets who pull her leg and bully her.

Tell us about your Kolkata background.
I was born and brought up in Howrah and stayed there for 20 years. I did my schooling from St Thomas Church School, where I was encouraged to participate in all cocurricular activities, which is helping me till date. Then, I was pursuing law from CU right after school as my father, an advocate, wanted me to follow his footsteps. I was simultaneously working as a radio jockey before Roadies happened and I moved to Mumbai. Art and literature were always in my blood as my grandfather Haji Hafiz Karamatur Rahman was quite a well-known Urdu poet and so is my Abbu. I get motivated and inspired from their poetry. Though I didn't fulfil Abbu's dream of becoming a lawyer, now he is a proud father of an actor son. Ami banglaboltepari, bhujhteupari, kintubeshiporishkaarna.

Did you have to struggle a lot to reach where you are?
The word struggle is used extensively in our industry. It sounds quite filmy and larger than life, but the truth is that this struggle exist in all fields. I would rather call it hard work, patience or persistence. to follow your dreams. Obviously the
journey is a little more difficult as compared to other professional fields since the stakes are also high. I never used terms such as struggling or struggler for myself. I have always considered myself a dreamer.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Rema- thumbnail
lol that bengali line 😆
i dnt know why it sounds funny when indian actors talk in bengali
kaveriw2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Rima chal ria se poochate hai...lol 🤣
-Rema- thumbnail
Originally posted by: kaveriw2008

Rima chal ria se poochate hai...lol 🤣

no need coz im also bengali so i did understand what he said😆
-Rema- thumbnail
he said i can talk and understand bengali😆 
i didnt get his last sentence though😕
Edited by ...Rima... - 10 years ago
kaveriw2008 thumbnail
Lol rima...

Lagta hai...DDEJ ka sara fan following bengal se hi hai...Edited by kaveriw2008 - 10 years ago
-Rema- thumbnail

Lol rima...

Lagta hai...DDEJ ka sara fan following bengal se hi hai...

😆 is it
kaveriw2008 thumbnail
Yep...

Are nikita ka rticle kun nahi...u have her tweet id..
-Rema- thumbnail

Yep...

Are nikita ka rticle kun nahi...u have her tweet id..

she's not on twitter i think😊
kaveriw2008 thumbnail
How come...

She must be yaar...

Wo to delhi queen hai na...