Page 1
Page   of 7
Page 2 Page 7

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 12 June 2013 at 9:06pm | IP Logged

What is your attitude towards God ?

(a) Do you praise Him ? ( Basically leave everything to His Divine Will)

(b) Blame Him ? ( Believe he exists but is not doing a good job)

(c) Stike a balance with God
(  Love and Fear relationship, believe in Him and also bargain a deal, perhaps an insurance )

(d) Depend on your ownself  ( Do not care whether God exists or not)

I have more or less learnt to accept the world for what it is.  Perhaps there are many things which I do not quite understand or perceive. To me God is very much real and we can call upon Him for favours at times.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

arcoiris-Aarya-K.Universe.moomin4455FireLordPhoenixForever-KAFreshDaisy-Rashitulipbaby53

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is God to blame for everything that has gone wrong" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Posted: 13 June 2013 at 5:54am | IP Logged

A a joke which I read once...

The winner and the runner-up give speeches after a race.

The winner goes up to the podium and says: "... And I thank God for helping me to win this race!"

Then the runner-up goes up and says: "Well, obviously I would have won if it wasn't for God..."

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

-Inferno-moomin4455--GODFATHER--theloupgaroux-PrimaDonna-FreshDaisyVinzySummer3tulipbaby53

-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Posted: 13 June 2013 at 5:55am | IP Logged
During an Ecumenical gathering...Someone rushed in and shouted, "The building is on fire!" Immediately...

The METHODISTS gathered in the corner and prayed,
The BAPTISTS cried, "Where is the water?"
The QUAKERS quietly praised God for the blessing that fire brings,
The LUTHERANS posted a notice on the door declaring that fire was evil,
The ROMAN CATHOLICS passed a collection plate.
The EPISCOPALIANS formed a procession and marched out,
The CONGREGATIONALISTS shouted, "Every man for himself..."
The FUNDAMENTALISTS shouted. "It's the vengeance of God!"
The JEWS posted symbols on the door hoping that the fire would pass,
The JEHOVAH's WITNESSES passed out literature about the fire,
The MORMONS ran late-night TV commercials for free videos of the fire,
The CHRISTIAN SCIENTISTS agreed among themselves that there was not a fire,
The SCIENTOLOGISTS charged admission to the fire, and
The PRESBYTERIANS appointed a chairperson who was to appoint a committee to look into the matter and make a written report to the voting assembly.

And then you also have...

The INDEPENDENT BAPTISTS said the fire couldn't be found in the KJV 1611, so they did not believe it.
The WORD OF FAITH group began to confess, "This fire is not real, This fire is not real, etc."
The CHARISMATICS began to sing "Send down the fire."
The PENTECOSTALS began to jump, shout and run as they exited the building.
The AMISH hitched up the horses and "got out of Dodge."
The PROSPERITY crowd simply proceeded to Step #4 of their outline, refusing to allow anything to hinder them from receiving their Rolex and Rolls.
The METROPOLITAN COMMUNITY CHURCH exited the building, but did stop to ask what gender the fire was.
The TELEVANGELISTS offered to send an ember from the fire---for a $25.00 seed faith gift.
The BRANCH DRAVIDIAN said, "We've dealt with fire before."
The SNAKE HANDLERS said the fire was a test of faith.
The GREEK ORTHODOX refused to participate in extinguishing the fire because the Roman Catholics were involved.
The VOODOO witch doctors walked on the fire.
The HINDUS said the fire was their great-great grandmother.
The BUDDHISTS offered incense to the fire.
Those of ISLAM stated that the fire was for purification.
The PRIMAL RELIGIONISTS danced around the fire

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

moomin4455Summer3

--GODFATHER--

IF-Dazzler

--GODFATHER--

Posted: 13 June 2013 at 6:48am | IP Logged
Why not ? We should blame everyone but ourselves --for everything that goes wrong -/ @ 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

arcoirismoomin4455sarasingh86Summer3

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 13 June 2013 at 7:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Aarya-

The winner goes up to the podium and says: "... And I thank God for helping me to win this race!"

Then the runner-up goes up and says: "Well, obviously I would have won if it wasn't for God..."

Yup some situation I feel god is a myth created by those who need someone to blame...Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aarya--RashiSummer3

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 13 June 2013 at 8:09am | IP Logged

If you insist God is the creator then God is responsible for everything, including that which is horribly wrong.

I believe that there is a higher power or an unknown answer, that governs existence. But whatever it is, is neutral at best like gravity just a universal truth. Otherwise I am the captain of my ship, the master of my own fate.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

arcoiris-Aarya--Inferno-chacha_chaudhricharminggenieFireLordPhoenix-PrimaDonna-Rapier-RashiSummer3tulipbaby53

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 13 June 2013 at 7:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Aarya-

Bodies and egoes may be different but there is a common link somewhere like different fingers of the same person. But to really understand and experience this would require some effort. Often we share the same emotions and feeling and the happiness or sorrow of another affects us too. It does depend on our thoughts and attitude and how we think I guess.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aarya-

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 13 June 2013 at 7:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

If you insist God is the creator ' then God is responsible for everything, including that which is horribly wrong.

I believe that there is a higher power or an unknown answer, that governs existence. But whatever it is, is neutral at best ' like gravity ' just a universal truth. Otherwise I am the captain of my ship, the master of my own fate.

Perhaps one part of the Higher Power is neutral and oblivious to everything around and another part of the Higher Power remains active.
The Higher Power transcending space and time is something that is hard to decipher.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top