Groupbie

sameera_asr

Posted: 12 June 2013 at 8:17am | IP Logged

Eternal vows

My heart beats for yours.

My soul lives for yours.

My body ,my hands, my lips.

They love only you.

The characters and events portrayed in this fan fiction are fictitious. Any similarity to real persons, living

or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author. And any scene or chapter if seems similar to any book or story or any article is pure coincidental..

EPILOGUE

Arnav sat beside his grandfather on the front porch of the house he lived. Arnav was only ten, but he knew exactly why his grandfather didn't live with him and his parents. Because Arnav's father Arjun Singh Raizada was ashamed of him.

"He's too Indian damnit" Arjun would rage for hours after visting his father. "He talks in hindi as if it is something to be proud of".

And gods forbid that arnav should hint his usage of hindi language in front his dad, though he practiced it as often as he could away from his father.

Arnav's father didn't like being Irish. He didn't like people knowing he was Irish. If he could

ship Grandpop off somewhere, then Arnav sometimes thought that his father would do it. But

Arjun Singh Raizadacouldn't make Bharat Singh Raizada  do anything. The old man was as wise as the mountains and the cliffs around them, and just as stubborn.

"Arnav, my boy, look at that sunset." Bharat singh raizada pointed out the majestic colors that washed over

the mountains. "Almost as pretty as India, she is. Almost" And Arnav heard a whisper of

Homesickness in his grand pop's voice.

"Why don't you go back?" Arnav asked. "Dad says you have enough money to live

anywhere."

He looked at his grandfather's weathered face. The warm browneyes, just like Arnav's, brighter

than Arnav's father's and without the hints of black  his father's had.

Grandpop smiled. A strange, sad little smile.

"Because my Anthara is here." He pointed to the small graveyard.

There. Arnav's grandma, Anthara Raizada, was buried. On one side of her were buried the two

sons they lost in War, his uncles, Janardan and Akshay.. and the daughter that had died of a

fever, Arnav's aunt Deepali.

"Grandma wouldn't want you to leave?" Arnav frowned. His grandma was dead, what would

she care?

"Oh, no my Anthara, she'd smile down on me no matter where I walked." Grandpop smiled that

little smile again. "But I'd be separated from her, and I'd feel that separation in my soul, you

see?"

Arnav shook his head.

Grandpop sighed. "You have the Indian heart , boy. One of these days, you'll see from eyes, not

your own, feel with a heart outside your chest.. Arnav. When you love, love

well and love true, and take care, lad, because that Indian heart is the door  into not just your

own soul, but the soul of the one you love." Grandpop looked out at his Anthara's grave. "And

when you lose that heart, you can't leave the places where your memories are the best. And if I

left her, I'd not be buried beside her."

Grandpop stared back at him then, and Arnav felt his chest grow tight at the thought of ever

burying his grandpop in the hard, bleak soil.

"Indian heart," his grandpop murmured then. "My father gave me the same warning I give

you now, boy. Don't lose the one you love. You lose a part of your soul when you do. The

legacy of that heart will ensure it."

Arnav frowned. That didn't make much sense,

"So my heart is bad?" Arnav finally asked.

"Not bad." His grandpop sighed. "Not bad at all, boy. You'll see one of these days. One of these

days, you'll see. Indian hearts see what they shouldn't see, but even more." His grandfather

stared down at him sadly. "The one who holds your soul, who holds your heart." He thumped

Arnav's chest. "They see through you as well."

"Dad doesn't have Indian heart then?"

Worry flickered over Grandpop's face. "Your dad is a good man." He repeated what he always

said.

"Is he, Grandpop?"

Grandpop touched his head gently and said softly, "Nothing is as we think, boy. There are

always layers, and layers, shades of gray and shades of black or white. You gotta find why, not

see what."

" He doesn't love us," Arnav whispered, accepting it as only a child can.

And Grandpop hook his head. "Layers, son. Remember that. There's always what you don't

know and what you don't see. And love doesn't always do what we think it should. Just

remember that, and you'll do fine."

how is this ? should i continue ??? this my first fiction work ever...plzz give your honest opinion...n yeah my name is RINI... so treat me as ur frnd...i will treat u as mine

Edited by sameera_asr - 12 June 2013 at 8:18am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

jessjazz

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "ARHI :ETERNAL VOWS FF" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jessjazz

Goldie

jessjazz

Posted: 04 September 2013 at 9:22pm | IP Logged
Hey, just came across your ff.  But why 'Epilogue'?  Is it the end or the start (prologue)?  Anyway, hope you do continue.

Nicely written as well!

A good grandfather he definitely is... such wise advice!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top