Bharat Ka Veer Putra -Maharana Pratap
Bharat Ka Veer Putra -Maharana Pratap

India-Forums

MP-A History-Index, Doubts & Discussion#all here (Page 13)

atominis IF-Sizzlerz
atominis
atominis

Posted: 11 October 2013 at 6:38pm | IP Logged
@Nandini

Thanks for your replies. We'll debate them later.

The letter is mentioned in MP's bio on this website claiming he wrote to Akbar demanding mitigation of hardship! - http://www.chittorgarh.com/maharana-pratap.asp

I am curious. If Rajputs had ego then why did they surrender to Akbar? Why did they not resist or form a front together to resist the Mughals? What was their logic? Didn't joining Akbar hurt their maan?

Edited by Skepblun - 11 October 2013 at 6:42pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

katana

-Gitanjali- Coolbie
-Gitanjali-
-Gitanjali-

Posted: 11 October 2013 at 6:48pm | IP Logged
They had strange type of ego. They will surrender to Mughals but not to one of their own
LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

katanaatominisMallika-E-Bhais

atominis IF-Sizzlerz
atominis
atominis

Posted: 12 October 2013 at 11:48am | IP Logged
I came across this extract from Countercurrents.org written by Ram Puniyani:

Rana Pratap's battle against Akbar was not for religion. It was on the issue of Mansabdari (status in the administration). Rana Pratap was asking for a Das hazari, (ten Thousand) Mansab) while Akbar was offering only Panch Hazari. (Five thousand).

Link - http://www.countercurrents.org/puniyani120413.htm

Is this true?! Shocked Or some BS?

-Gitanjali-cherryberry293katana

-Gitanjali- Coolbie
-Gitanjali-
-Gitanjali-

Posted: 13 October 2013 at 2:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Skepblun

Rana Pratap's battle against Akbar was not for religion. It was on the issue of Mansabdari (status in the administration). Rana Pratap was asking for a Das hazari, (ten Thousand) Mansab) while Akbar was offering only Panch Hazari. (Five thousand).

there are many conflicting views on this

even i have heard of this one but a a Rajasthani my heart refuses to believe it

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

cherryberry293katanaatominisMallika-E-Bhais

cherryberry293 IF-Dazzler
cherryberry293
cherryberry293

Posted: 13 October 2013 at 2:30am | IP Logged

I think all freedom fighter fought for their motherland. They fought to protect their land / kingdom from invaders like Mughals, Afgans or Britishers.

The battle between Maharana Pratap & Akbar or battle between Shivaji Maharaj & Auranjeb was not for any religion but to save their own kingdoms and their people from invaders. Those invaders who came here , neither they had some love to this country b4 concurring it nor they had any Nobel purpose. It's obvious if some1 tries to snatch what belongs to you, which states your identity then fights were always launched by sons of soil. 

I am not sure about the reliability of the information in bold. MP fought to his kingdom from Mughals. Same was the case with Chandragupta, Tipu Sultan, Shivaji and all those freedom fighters who freed our country from British rule.

History is the topic on which everyone has his/her own thinking nd opinions, bcoz there isn't solid proofs to say that is this the real story. 

And political parties in our country often use these historical characters for their benefits, they just use these names to show how their point is true, that's it. They don't care and not even aware abt the ideologies these people gave us.

It seems you are really research on MP, you always bring such unseen articles to this forum which I have never seen. I really love ur posts, on few instances we had different opinions and debate which I really enjoyed. Smile

This forum is full of knowledgeable posts, information and valuable, healthy discussions... I guess Maharana Pratap forum is one of the intellectual forum on India-Forums Smile 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Gitanjali-doyelpakhikatanaatominis

cherryberry293 IF-Dazzler
cherryberry293
cherryberry293

Posted: 13 October 2013 at 2:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nandiniraizaada

there are many conflicting views on this

even i have heard of this one but a a Rajasthani my heart refuses to believe it

Being an Indian even my heart doesn't believe this thing. The history of our REAL HEROs has always been neglected and faced criticism by their own country men. 

-Gitanjali-katanaatominis

-Gitanjali- Coolbie
-Gitanjali-
-Gitanjali-

Posted: 13 October 2013 at 2:38am | IP Logged
yeah  Pratap fought for Chtor , he fought foolishly sometimes but he fought to free the fort and not for any mansabdari

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

katanaatominis

atominis IF-Sizzlerz
atominis
atominis

Posted: 13 October 2013 at 3:15am | IP Logged
I do not believe our people fought only for religion. Some political parties are now hijacking them to use to push their own agenda. I know history has varied opinions and versions...

Any Indian will find it hard to accept this version.

But I am confused because nearly everyone surrended to Mughals and MP's own son also had to finally surrender to them. So did MP fight for his motherland or because offer of mansabdari was not acceptable to him as much as Akbar offered...? Confused

Does any of you know which historian had come up with this version originally? Credential of the historian will help judge how much water this theory holds!

Anyway, I came across another archive online which states that Shakti was SENT to join Akbar! Again confused. Was he sent or did he join himself?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

katana

Go to top