Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jyotimena thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
i am a rajasthani and from what i know in past it was disgraceful for a girl to be unbashed like phool and there was and strict 'purdah' system. No way in hell , pratap could have seen ajab bfore marriage.
RangeenCreation thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jyotimena

i am a rajasthani and from what i know in past it was disgraceful for a girl to be unbashed like phool and there was and strict 'purdah' system. No way in hell , pratap could have seen ajab bfore marriage.

bt pratap n ajabde wer gud frnds be4 der marriage.. den hw cum he would nt c hr frnd?
katana thumbnail
In history who won the war -
current episodes. Is udai singh or maldev ?
atominis thumbnail
I just read in The Cambridge and Pearson manual of Indian history that Rana Sanga helped Babur against Lodi!😲 
Is it true?

It is said they fell out later as Babur broke agreements they had in their treaty.

What rubbish? I mean Rana ji in some way helped Babur lay foundation of Mughal empire by ending Delhi Sultanate? ðŸ˜•

What was use of fighting battles against Mughals later then...

ThePirateKing thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

I just read in The Cambridge and Pearson manual of Indian history that Rana Sanga helped Babur against Lodi!😲 

Is it true?

It is said they fell out later as Babur broke agreements they had in their treaty.

What rubbish? I mean Rana ji in some way helped Babur lay foundation of Mughal empire by ending Delhi Sultanate? ðŸ˜•

What was use of fighting battles against Mughals later then...

It's actually partially true. Rana Sanga did send an envoy to Babur to have a deal. The deal suggested by Sanga was that Babur could keep Punjab while Sanga would keep Delhi and Agra. The deal fell through and the envoy returned, but Sanga never helped Babur against Lodhi.

Subsequently both of them had a dispute over Bayana which lead to a battle between them at Khanwa which was won by Babur (some say treachery, some say ability, truth might be in between). 

It's politics and there are no permanent enemies or friends here. Rani Karmavati(Pratap's aunt) sent rakhi to Humayun to come and help her and Humayun responded even though he was late, but that did not stop Pratap and Akbar from fighting each other.
atominis thumbnail
@ The PirateKing
Thanks.

Rana Sanga thought Babur would let it be? Huge error. 

I read he lost Battle of Khanua due to inability to compete with advanced artillery used by Babur.

Agree on no permanent enemies or friends in politics. US and MP were fighting Afghans earlier. But later in Battle of Haldighati MP deployed an Afghan Hakim Khan Sur to fight against Mughals. 

This hokum about freedom fighters is unnecessary. 
ThePirateKing thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

@ The PirateKing

Thanks.

Rana Sanga thought Babur would let it be? Huge error. 

I read he lost Battle of Khanua due to inability to compete with advanced artillery used by Babur.

Agree on no permanent enemies or friends in politics. US and MP were fighting Afghans earlier. But later in Battle of Haldighati MP deployed an Afghan Hakim Khan Sur to fight against Mughals. 

This hokum about freedom fighters is unnecessary. 

Long post so bear with me...

What Rana Sanga thought is something unfortunately only he can answer. Maybe he thought that Babur was just another plunderer like Ghaznavi and would leave after sometime. It's a fact that Babur hated the heat in the plains of India, but he actually had nowhere to go but to stay put in India and rule from Delhi to Kabul. He had far more powerful enemies in his homeland.

More than artillery it was the horse archers that caused the most damage and the matchlockmen also caused quite a bit. Babur's artillery fired approximately one round in about 30 min maybe enough for Lodhi but certainly not enough to defeat a strong enemy like Sanga.  Even the most advanced French developed artillery of Marathas in 1761 fired a round in around 6-7 minutes. Khanwa was 200 years before that.

The other story is about Rao Shiladi defecting. According to Baburnama the battle was tight till evening and the next sentence has Babur celebrating victory. Not sure what is true, but Rao Shiladi was part of negotiating team. The negotiations actually went on for months before they broke down. So its a possibility he would have known Babur well enough.

Rana Sanga was injured by arrows in the battle and had to be carried away, so most likely his men would have thought that victory was beyond them and would have retreated. Babur got no prisoners and could not even loot the Rajput's camp indicating that withdrawal was orderly.

Lots of small Muslim states (primarily Afghan) were vassals of Mewar, and they gathered around Pratap simply because he was the only hope to defeat the Mughals. Atleast Hakim Khan and his men fought valiantly and perished.
made-in-charms thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hey. Anyone can tell me Phool was anyway important in Pratap's life ? Or She was completely useless as I think 😛 ???
Do answer me anyone !
VS-Cool thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
@Princess Arohi 'USELESS' is not an appropriate word as both ajab, phool were Pratap's wives. Well read so many things about Raj's History But in text books & novels even of Master's level i never saw any much infos about Pratap's wives and especially the romance and friendship they are showing in the show. Aur ye bhi hosakta hain that MP's story was more important and well known for his struggles to get Chittor back and all, isiliye we dont get his personal infos much every where. But yes Names of King's first wives are always mentioned in every book. AJBADEY PUNWAR was first wife of MP. There is an incident where a queen prepared 'BHAKRI' in jungle, where a cat took it from Pratap's Daughter, seeing that his kids has now nothing to eat, pratap broke down and decided to RETHINK over his decision. Then the Letter from PRITHWIRAJ (Akbar's poet who was pratap's admirer) To PRATAP, which made pratap strong again, in this incident AJAB and other wives are mentioned, but not confirmed. Another incident where Akbar Sent Todarmal sahab to make Pratap ready for MUGhal kingdom , there too a Queen is mentioned. But AJBADEY Is better known for Her Son AMAR SINGH Only in many books, who was first kid of Pratap. As it is said that Amar was like his father only , he fought more then 17 wars with father, and after father pratap's death he continued protest against mughals . Somewhere read that Ajab was a good adviser for pratap , just like jaiwanta for udaisingh.Edited by VS_Cool - 9 years ago
VS-Cool thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Regarding Phool, as i said in many books only names of first wives are mentioned. So frankly i came to know that Pratap had a wife from our Marwar too, from this show only :)))) . . Then i searched and read about her, And Confirmed that Phool Bai was wife of Pratap who gave birth to two sons. As they showed that Phool's father was Ram Singh, i dont think so that he is much important in Marwar's history, as Rao Maldev was succeded by RAO CHANDRASEN, who is said to be similar to pratap in many things, since he too didnt accepted Akbar, so Akbar boycotted him and MOTA RAJA UDAI SINGH Succeded him. . . So Phool's father is not much important in Marwar's history, thats why his family is not mentioned properly. . . . . And yes it is mentioned in some books and sites that She was the mother of CHANDA SINGH (2nd son of Pratap) who was thakur of anjana udaipur. And I think Chanda is also mentioned in HaldiGhati battle's brief accounts. . . . . . . BUT ALL I CAN SAY THAT THERE ARE ALOT MANY THINGS WHICH WE DONT KNOW. SO PLEASE DO NOT MAKE ANY ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT ANY CHARACTER. As ITS A FICTION SO THEY MANIPULATED ALOT MANY THINGS, AND MAYBE MANIPULATE MORE . . . :)Edited by VS_Cool - 9 years ago