Posted: 11 June 2013 at 7:27am | IP Logged
DISCLAIMER: This is my personal opinion. You don't have to agree and you REALLY DON'T have to hate. This is simply to save some of you time and effort investing in a drama that (if you think like me, will never finish).
1. Fashion King: You will love the beginning, you will be pulling your hair out by the mind and you would be cussing, dialing up the director and break your TV screen by the time you have watched the finale. The heartache and the TERRIBLE acting is so not worth your precious times. I suggest you go for something else. I felt robbed of time completing all the episodes. Wish I had learned my lesson earlier.
2. My name is Kim San Soon: I watched this drama in the wrong decade. It is not the drama's fault. Well, I can't say for sure since I didn't get that far in to the show before logging off vowing never to return back. And, the worst part is, the actors I love Hyun Bin is a charmer and Kim Sun-ah is a joy. I will just assume that was not their prime and move on. Mind you, the drama did win many awards. It was just not good enough for a drama in this decade. The 2000s (when it aired) was probably the only right time to watch it. Skip it if you have watched tons of K dramas cause you will find NOTHING original.
3. I miss you: The leads are my favourite actors, hands down. But the script was so bad even they could not save it. Looked like a soap opera writer was way too high on sugar so he put gore, death, sadness, heartache and every evil in the world in one show. I couldn't get past the first few episodes. Such a waste of good talent.
4. The Innocent Man/ Nice Guy: This is a melodrama and I can rarely stand a melodrama. A lot of people have liked and/or loved the drama. I was just sick of the clinginess of the female lead, the aloofness of the male lead, the interference of the other female (who we know is never going to get the man). Some sort of love triangle or square in episodes 1-4. I just gave up at that point.
5. When a Man Loves: They should have renamed this drama to "when a man is oblivious" cause the man has zero idea what people are doing to him and the man's woman is the same actress from Fashion King. She only has two default expression that can easily be mistaken for the same. I don't know what is up with her facial muscles that restricts her acting but it is visibly bad. The main actor is usually good but loses his charm in a mess of a script. Is he meant to play a sugar daddy? I am not sure. If yes then, he is doing a terrible job at it. The acting is watchable; the script butchers the show.
6. Glory Jane: Ever wanted to watch a poor guy poor girl story where the guy is kind of the Cinderella (with the evil step sibling part) but not really (no money part)? Now is your chance. A terrible, horrible execution of what could have been a decent drama. Park Min-young, what were you thinking when you signed on to this project. No one, not even Min-young could save this sinking ship. It was way too sad and I didn't even get the least bit upset cause I didn't care. For all I know, someone could have died during the time I was asleep through this drama.
7. Dr. Jin: Wonderful drama. I loved the medical history part. But, it was a stretch. Not that the story needed it but unnecessary drag cause the channel realized they were getting good ratings and they extended the story for way too long. I lost my interest and still don't know if the couple met at the end. I doubt it. If someone knows, please tell me. Yeah, the length and the repetitive dangers Dr. Jin found himself in mixed with a LOT of confusion (I am not a champ at period dramas), it was a recipe for disaster.
8. Hana Kimi K version/ To the Beautiful You: I grew up, okay? But seriously, even with the cheeky gender bender concept, I could rewatch Coffee Prince and love it any day of the year. This drama is just not cutting it. Way too sappy. The girl is so clingy, I want to cringe any time she is on screen. The guy can't make up his mind: does he like the girl or does he want his career or the other girl as a gift from daddy. Even his "care" for her looks forced. I finished the drama just shy of one episode ( I skipped one cause the story was tortoise paced) and I am not sure why I didn't give up. Good cinematography? Or, the HD quality on viki? It was a terrible drama and even teenage hormones will see how much sense the story (or the lack thereof) doesn't make. EASY SKIP.
9. Padam Padam: There was a story, a solid one. Some eye candy but next to nothing for the background music. Or, something about the way it was filmed. I remember not liking the drama but I don't remember the reasons. Maybe I will give it another chance some day (far, far away in the future) but the first watch was not a good experience.
See you soon with more...
Edited by DonnaHarvey - 11 June 2013 at 7:47am