Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Who must play the characters of J.Ceasar

insouciance IF-Rockerz
insouciance
insouciance

Posted: 05 August 2006 at 3:36am | IP Logged

Julius Ceasar is going to adapted to the indian celluloidTongue...and the makers are toying with the idea of casting Sanjay Dutt as Julius Ceasar....In your opinion,who would be the perfect choice for playing Ceasar ,or for that matter the following charactersTongue

Julius Ceasar Mark Anthony Marcus Brutus Caius Cassius Portia Ceasar's wife(I think she was Calphurnia)
  1. The other conspirators

Ceasar was an extremely supercilious fellow,who was harbouring the notion that nothing on earth can intimidate him.....He paid no heed to the auguries,and unconditionally trusted Brutus......Which bollywood actor do you think would get ino the character of Ceasar to the T???..Wuldnt Abhishek make a good CeasarQuestionEmbarrassed

Brutus was a confused character,he killed his best friend for the good of Rome unlike the other conspirators who killed Ceasar out of sheer jealousy......I think SRK would make the perfect Brutus.....TongueAfterall,isnt brutus the true heroWink.and thus SRK would be playing the "true hero" of the movie,and not a second leadWink...If not SRK,then Sanjay Dutt

Anthony was an unmitigated manipulator,a rabble rouser who managed to finagle the fickle minded crowd into turning antagonistic towards Brutus....I think  Saif would be the perfect choice,as I do feel that the role is tailormade for him.....Even SRK would make a good Antony,as he would get to portray shades of grey too,when Antony refuses to adhere to Ceasar's willWink

Cassius was the one who manoeuvred Brutus into aligning himself with the conspirators.......I guess Irrfan khan can carry off the role with aplomb...

Thus who do you think would make the perfect star cast..my votes go to Abhi(for Ceasar),SRK/Saif(for Anthony),Sanjay Dutt(for Brutus)....What sayTongue

Edited by Buffie - 05 August 2006 at 3:48am

wildblossom IF-Rockerz
wildblossom
wildblossom

IF-Crazy Creatives

Posted: 05 August 2006 at 3:29pm | IP Logged
Hmmm...here is what I think:

Caeser- Aamir Khan

Marc Antony- Saif Ali Khan

Calpurnia- Kareena Kapoor

Brutus- Vivek Oberoi

*I read a lot on Cleopatra, and thus have encountered tons of stuff on Caeser and Marc Antony. From the writings, I have summed up what I think these historical figures were like- and so I chose actors/actresses who I think could protray those characteristics best. Caeser was serious, ambitious, and a perfectionist. Aamir fits his likeness somewhat. Antony was more playful, wanted a good time, but was a good man and able general- so Saif works. Calpurnia was somewhat weak for she couldn't keep her husband to herself and didn't take a stand against his affairs, but she was respectable and loving- I think Kareena could do justice to this character. Brutus was basically villainous, a backstabber- I like Vivek and dont see him as this type of person at all, but I think he could do the role well.

Edited by wildblossom - 05 August 2006 at 3:29pm
Majority IF-Dazzler
Majority
Majority

Posted: 06 August 2006 at 5:08am | IP Logged

Depends on whether this will be an adptation of Shakespeare's or Asterix & Obelix's !!
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top