Debate Mansion

Nudity/exposing = Modernizing/ enjoying freedom?? (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 12

DonnaHarvey

IF-Sizzlerz

DonnaHarvey

Posted: 10 June 2013 at 2:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hit_homerun

i appreciate the subtle sense of ur reply . 
take a look @ ur right . u might find the pic of a women exposing her breasts , in the car . do u ? coz i can . [on this web site] the onlly clothing material is draped on her nipples .
what do u make of this woman ? 
what would other people make of this woman ? 
now prev. posts emphasized on how a person solely chooses his/her dressing style 
what do u think this woman makes of herself ?
does she become modern by exposing her body like that ? or does she enjoy her freedom ? does she provide a full time matinee free show to her obvious spectators ? does she become subject to public display ? 
No, I don't see any ad of that nature. But you know what I do see? Mom's best kept secret to fuller lips. Big business telling me I need lip implants. 
I don't agree. I freaking love myself.
Same thing. You are targeted for certain ads due to your age, gender, location, interests, etc. You don't need to act on the advertisement.
Now, you are acting like the average person by being offended by the advertisement but you offense is for all the wrong reasons. It is the sexism and the mere objectification of a human you should be offended by, not the view of breasts. 
You are in no place to choose what is moral or not for someone. Clearly the ad has a purpose. It is supposed to appeal to heterosexual men. Maybe it does its job. 
Your offense ain't going to change that and if you ask me, the reasons' where it's at. Re-evaluate those and we'll talk. I can't say if she is modern or not because she may still be against reproductive justice and vote for Romney. (that was a joke for any angry folk). 
Lastly, I dont dress for other people. I am pretty sure no one in their right mind give a damn what a stranger thinks when they dress up in the morning. You are giving the crowd too much credit. but in this case, it's an ad so yes, she is dressing to impress the target demographic. 
the problem is , when a person dresses lewdly , many people are put to shame rather than jsut them . they might not even realize that . 
then those people dont have other things to worry about. generalizations jeez
of course , i m not suggesting that people should go around burqa clad. just appealing for them to cover vital parts of the body . 
hey now. aint nothing wrong with that if that floats your boat.
too much is not good enough and too little is offensive.
the pressure by no one in particular these days
i owuld also like to know what enjoyment does one feel to cover only her genitals and breast . ?Confused might as well as remove 
tanning. you go to the beach to tan. also, just knowing you can do whatever the heck you want since your big boss is not putin. that is how good it feels. 
somehow nipples seem to infuriate conservation in people when the specimen is literally showing everyhting . LOL
i hope i havent offended u . Smile
once again , appreciated ur subtlety 
dont give yourself too much credit. you will not be the reason I am offended. (partial joke, I cant tell how serious I am. I need coffee). 
Yeah I am not sure what subtly meant in this context but cool. 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Nudity/exposing = Modernizing/ enjoying freedom?? (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Krani

IF-Dazzler

Krani

Posted: 11 June 2013 at 1:40am | IP Logged

Originally posted by King-Anu

Lets state some reasons for wearing clothes

1- To show off good body

2- To hide not good body

3- Protection from heat, cold, rain, sun

4- To impress other or same gender

5- Requirment as in office

6- To hide reproductive organs from evil eyes

7- To feel comfortable (shorts in warm weather)

8- Peer pressure

9- Religion/Culture/Family/Prampara/Anushasan

10- Self satisfaction

11- Presenting yourself as a stereotype (rich, cool, young)

So there are number of reasons one wear dress and presenting yourself as modern is one. All of the above comes under the freedom of choice. However freedom is limited. Its not like you can be nude and then take a briefcase and go to office meeting with 20 people and say Hi everyone. You cannot use freedom as an excuse there.

In the case of bollywood dino wearing mini I will say yes she is free to wear that. however when you cross a threshold of age then puprose of clothes changes from showing off to hiding. thats part of life.

greetings !
So there are number of reasons one wear dress and presenting yourself as modern is one
my topic was that , would being covered make u less modern and from stone age ??? or would being nanga punga make u oh-so modern ? LOL
i was led to conclude by previous threads modernization should be measured by one's mentality . 
people going around calling covered ones stone aged is modern ?
and hell this happened on this site .Shocked
and  i;ve been trying to comprehend lately how micro minis liberate a person ? how is it fun to wear short clothes ?if u can then enlighten me pls Smile

In my personal opinion, you aren't any better than those people calling the people who cover up as those of "stone age" 

From your posts it's pretty evident you are highly judgmental of those who do not cover up, yet you expect people to be tolerant of those who do cover up. 

How about being tolerant overall?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hit_homerun

hit_homerun

hit_homerun

Posted: 11 June 2013 at 9:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Krani

[QUOTE=King-Anu] Lets state some reasons for wearing clothes

greetings !
So there are number of reasons one wear dress and presenting yourself as modern is one
my topic was that , would being covered make u less modern and from stone age ??? or would being nanga punga make u oh-so modern ? LOL
i was led to conclude by previous threads modernization should be measured by one's mentality . 
and  i;ve been trying to comprehend lately how micro minis liberate a person ? how is it fun to wear short clothes ?if u can then enlighten me pls Smile

In my personal opinion, you aren't any better than those people calling the people who cover up as those of "stone age" 

From your posts it's pretty evident you are highly judgmental of those who do not cover up, yet you expect people to be tolerant of those who do cover up. 

hmmm , did i ever call them stoneaged ? did i resort to name calling ? highly judgemental ? im merely telling what the eyes show me !

and all im trying to figure out is how people find it liberating to expose !
if u can prove the sentiment behind nudity to me , then i will apply ashoka formula - tolerance 

till the time being i will call nudist nanga punga attention seekers 

hit_homerun

hit_homerun

Posted: 11 June 2013 at 9:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DonnaHarvey

No, I don't see any ad of that nature. But you know what I do see? Mom's best kept secret to fuller lips. Big business telling me I need lip implants. 
Same thing. You are targeted for certain ads due to your age, gender, location, interests, etc. You don't need to act on the advertisement.
Now, you are acting like the average person by being offended by the advertisement but you offense is for all the wrong reasons. It is the sexism and the mere objectification of a human you should be offended by, not the view of breasts. 
You are in no place to choose what is moral or not for someone. Clearly the ad has a purpose. It is supposed to appeal to heterosexual men. Maybe it does its job. 
Your offense ain't going to change that and if you ask me, the reasons' where it's at. Re-evaluate those and we'll talk. I can't say if she is modern or not because she may still be against reproductive justice and vote for Romney. (that was a joke for any angry folk). 
Lastly, I dont dress for other people. I am pretty sure no one in their right mind give a damn what a stranger thinks when they dress up in the morning. You are giving the crowd too much credit. but in this case, it's an ad so yes, she is dressing to impress the target demographic. 

lets ignore this . this is irrelevant to what i wish to convey . u really needed that coffee after allLOL

first u say that mnpo shouldnt dress for people's verdict 
abd then u write this >?   
i owuld also like to know what enjoyment does one feel to cover only her genitals and breast . ?Confused might as well as remove 
tanning. you go to the beach to tan. also, just knowing you can do whatever the heck you want since your big boss is not putin. that is how good it feels. 

what about those in malls ? i believe u dont get tanned there !LOL

dont give yourself too much credit. you will not be the reason I am offended. (partial joke, I cant tell how serious I am. I need coffee). 

well said 

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 11 June 2013 at 10:02am | IP Logged

What are we debating/discussing here?

Fifty something women wearing Forever 21 skinny jeans and acting like teens or women in general who flash their skin and cleavage.

I live by the mantra, if you got it flaunt it; if you don't cloak it.

LeadNitrate

Krani

IF-Dazzler

Krani

Posted: 11 June 2013 at 10:30am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Krani

[QUOTE=King-Anu] Lets state some reasons for wearing clothes

greetings !

hmmm , did i ever call them stoneaged ? did i resort to name calling ? highly judgemental ? im merely telling what the eyes show me !

and all im trying to figure out is how people find it liberating to expose !
if u can prove the sentiment behind nudity to me , then i will apply ashoka formula - tolerance 

till the time being i will call nudist nanga punga attention seekers 

By your "logic", they are merely name-calling because that's how they see it. 
The argument is not about how liberating it is - it's about a person having the choice to dress in whatever they want without them being name-called, or perceived as being less moral than those who cover from head to toe.

Funny how you say you do not resort to name-calling, yet you do that exact thing in the ending of your "argument"

Edited by Krani - 11 June 2013 at 10:36am

misterbates

Groupbie

misterbates

Posted: 11 June 2013 at 11:42am | IP Logged
it is up to the person if they want to be fully covered or wearing skimpy clothes but they should be prepared for what can happen outside

hit_homerun

DonnaHarvey

IF-Sizzlerz

DonnaHarvey

Posted: 11 June 2013 at 11:52am | IP Logged

Originally posted by DonnaHarvey

lets ignore this . this is irrelevant to what i wish to convey . u really needed that coffee after allLOL

first u say that mnpo shouldnt dress for people's verdict 
abd then u write this >?   

what about those in malls ? i believe u dont get tanned there !LOL

well said 
Jesus, I was talking about the ad which you referenced. I think it's very relevant but if you didn't understand then fine by me.
I still think people don't dress for others but they hear what others say. So, constant scrutiny doesn't go by unnoticed. Like you said, not asking to wear a burqa. Why? Ain't nothing wrong with a burqa. And, not wanting someone to wear a bikini. Ain't harming you either. There. 
If I wear a bikini in a mall, that is my business. Sure you invite attention. Weird zenophobics look at middle easterns funny. I am a Sikh, if I have a dude with a turban around me, people notice me atleast twice as much. I am certain people who wear bikinis are more than aware of the attention they are getting. If they are not harming you then, stay out of it.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top