Debate Mansion

Nudity/exposing = Modernizing/ enjoying freedom?? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 12

OyeChupKar

Goldie

OyeChupKar

Posted: 10 June 2013 at 4:46am | IP Logged
*** Do not drag posts from other forums to instigate**+

Edited by LeadNitrate - 22 June 2013 at 6:17am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Nudity/exposing = Modernizing/ enjoying freedom?? (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

LovelyPlanet

Goldie

LovelyPlanet

Posted: 10 June 2013 at 11:44am | IP Logged
**** please do not drag posts from other forums

Edited by LeadNitrate - 22 June 2013 at 1:16am

OyeChupKar

Goldie

OyeChupKar

Posted: 10 June 2013 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
^nothing wrong with daughter's dress length.. this is what she is supposed to wear at her age.. do you expect her in burkha?

Ohhooo!Whats so surprising about a teenager in Burkha? I live in the UAE and almost all teenagers are in Hijab [Muslim] 
You people make it sound like Burka is some heavy 9Yard khadi sari and the scarf is the ghoongat 
Its not.Its a very comfortable piece of clothing 

Did you know? I'd been to india for my vacations last year and trust me , I saw hindu girls and ladies wearing a headscarf and some of them even covered most of their faces.
When I asked my uncles and aunties about it they said that doctors now mentioned the benefits of covering ones face and hair(pollution,and of course bird poop LOL

hit_homerun

hit_homerun

Posted: 10 June 2013 at 1:49pm | IP Logged
[QUOTE=ChocoBoyBarun..][/QUOTE]

thats some guts u got there barun 
posting the the whole commentLOL
i mean the topic can get really controversial if not handled properly .
for example there's a specific word used for  people who expose ... they're called ...

go ahead fill in the blanks Tongue

me not saying anything 
or the forum members will verbally slit my throat ! Wink

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 10 June 2013 at 2:08pm | IP Logged

Request to members not to make any post against any religion or look down upon anyone's culture / tradition.

Since the Moderators of this forum is on break I would be forced to close the topic if I see it going out of hand or member digressing from the main topic till the time the moderators are back again.

Regards

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hit_homerun

hit_homerun

hit_homerun

Posted: 10 June 2013 at 2:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by DonnaHarvey

clearly you are very much against showing skin and the whoever the other person is, is for it. also, he/she looks down on people who do not show skin & you sound like (from the way you have worded your question) you look down on those who do show skin. or maybe you are just angry. I can't say for sure.
But, I will say this. As long as someone else's actions are not doing you any harm, you are no one question them, judge them, etc. I like wearing shorts. I have friends who wear turbans or hijabs. We are tight. It is a very personal decision and no one else has the right to comment on it.

I am not sure if you even mentioned nudity but there are nude beaches in Europe. Other than that, pretty much everywhere in the world, covering genitalia and breasts in public is common courtesy and should stay that way.
other things: cleavage, leg, pits, shoulder, whatever else, is not my problem. Only the one who wears it.

all in all: IT IS ALL SKIN PEOPLE! Some keratin, some melanin, some hair. it's the same everywhere for everyone. get used to looking at it cause it is not going away.

if the state has let you do what you want, you got a choice. enjoy that choice and notice how I said choice which means I can say no to showing skin as much as I can say yes to showing skin.

I dont think slavery and voting (even as metaphors) belong here. They were much bigger issues. This is relatively trivial.

i appreciate the subtle sense of ur reply . 
take a look @ ur right . u might find the pic of a women exposing her breasts , in the car . do u ? coz i can . [on this web site] the onlly clothing material is draped on her nipples .
what do u make of this woman ? 
what would other people make of this woman ? 
now prev. posts emphasized on how a person solely chooses his/her dressing style 
what do u think this woman makes of herself ?
does she become modern by exposing her body like that ? or does she enjoy her freedom ? does she provide a full time matinee free show to her obvious spectators ? does she become subject to public display ? 

the problem is , when a person dresses lewdly , many people are put to shame rather than jsut them . they might not even realize that . 

of course , i m not suggesting that people should go around burqa clad. just appealing for them to cover vital parts of the body . 

i owuld also like to know what enjoyment does one feel to cover only her genitals and breast . ?Confused might as well as remove 
somehow nipples seem to infuriate conservation in people when the specimen is literally showing everyhting . LOL

i hope i havent offended u . Smile
once again , appreciated ur subtlety 

hit_homerun

hit_homerun

Posted: 10 June 2013 at 2:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rehanism

^^By any chance, do you happen to be a fan of Zakirbhai MBBS? Because that cliched and simplistic parable is his invention..
no i am not ! pls do not make any religious references . the mod has asked us not to .
Respect for another person's freedom of choice is the first and foremost sign of modernity as per me and passing judgements about what others should or shouldn't do in their private life is a sign of dark age mindset..Additionally its a lame and much rebuffed (and yet most repeated) excuse that short clothes invite molesters. Had that been the case the nude beaches and bikini spots would have been plagued with rape epidemic and conservative societies would have been heaven for women. Reality is more or less the exact opposite. Rape and molestation are much layered phenomena than simpletons believe.
i believe u r sayin this with refernce to the post i made above rebuttin KA . right ?LOL
look , i never mentioned the word rape . 
plus i was speaking with consideration to india since i m on INDIA FORUMS.i wont be speaking of americans or blah Tongue sure other nationalities can take incentive . there are no bikini spots in india , if there were u can ony guess what would happen there Ouch 
You must understand that different people have different levels of comfort and different ways of seeing life. If you don't like being judged as 'Stone age' person for wearing full clothes, how can you judge others for dressing up in the way they wish to? What makes you think that you are in a position to decide what is okay for others?
whats to judge ? exposing is wrong . 
u are in a market 
5 chocolates in 5 rupees 
6 chocolates in 5 rupees [same quality]
which would u prefer ?

being fully clothed doesnt cause u any distress that might be nullified by exposing . so why expose ? unless we'd like attention 

Voting rights or educational rights can never create an equal or democratic society in full means unless every person learns to recognize another person as equal and free individual with sovereignty over their life and liberty.

hit_homerun

hit_homerun

Posted: 10 June 2013 at 2:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lonely0planet

Originally posted by ChocoBoyBarun..

nothing wrong with daughter's dress length.. this is what she is supposed to wear at her age.. do you expect her in burkha? Its another thing that dress looks cheap, bad color, bad hair and shes not pretty girl either..still nothing wrong with the length of the dress again or her legs.. shoes are odd as well..
She is a kid, why is she trying to combine kid and adult clothes/shoes.. no idea.. just bad taste i guess.

Now actual culprit here is mother Sri .. does she know how much length is apporpriate for her age? if not someone please educate her .. but then probably she has never been to any school..

LOL
ur post brings me to the other half of my initial post 
why is it that adolescents are excused when they wear such ...things ? and a woman is criticized ?
surely hormones dont control to that extent !Tongue

Post Reply New Post

Go to top