Debate Mansion

Nudity/exposing = Modernizing/ enjoying freedom?? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 12

hit_homerun

hit_homerun

Posted: 09 June 2013 at 5:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by King-Anu

Lets state some reasons for wearing clothes

1- To show off good body

2- To hide not good body

3- Protection from heat, cold, rain, sun

4- To impress other or same gender

5- Requirment as in office

6- To hide reproductive organs from evil eyes

7- To feel comfortable (shorts in warm weather)

8- Peer pressure

9- Religion/Culture/Family/Prampara/Anushasan

10- Self satisfaction

11- Presenting yourself as a stereotype (rich, cool, young)

So there are number of reasons one wear dress and presenting yourself as modern is one. All of the above comes under the freedom of choice. However freedom is limited. Its not like you can be nude and then take a briefcase and go to office meeting with 20 people and say Hi everyone. You cannot use freedom as an excuse there.

In the case of bollywood dino wearing mini I will say yes she is free to wear that. however when you cross a threshold of age then puprose of clothes changes from showing off to hiding. thats part of life.

greetings !
So there are number of reasons one wear dress and presenting yourself as modern is one
my topic was that , would being covered make u less modern and from stone age ??? or would being nanga punga make u oh-so modern ? LOL
i was led to conclude by previous threads modernization should be measured by one's mentality . 
people going around calling covered ones stone aged is modern ?
and hell this happened on this site .Shocked
and  i;ve been trying to comprehend lately how micro minis liberate a person ? how is it fun to wear short clothes ?if u can then enlighten me pls Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanetForever-KA

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Nudity/exposing = Modernizing/ enjoying freedom?? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

hit_homerun

hit_homerun

Posted: 09 June 2013 at 5:21am | IP Logged
rebuke me here if u can 

i think that people who truly value their bodies would not put it on public display . 
wearing short clothes does not make anyone modern . i find such clothes a pathetic attempt @ seeking attention . 
is it really hard for people to cover their bodies ?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanetSaalaDonkeyHawaaPot

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 09 June 2013 at 5:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hit_homerun

Lets state some reasons for wearing clothes

1- To show off good body

2- To hide not good body

3- Protection from heat, cold, rain, sun

4- To impress other or same gender

5- Requirment as in office

6- To hide reproductive organs from evil eyes

7- To feel comfortable (shorts in warm weather)

8- Peer pressure

9- Religion/Culture/Family/Prampara/Anushasan

10- Self satisfaction

11- Presenting yourself as a stereotype (rich, cool, young)

So there are number of reasons one wear dress and presenting yourself as modern is one. All of the above comes under the freedom of choice. However freedom is limited. Its not like you can be nude and then take a briefcase and go to office meeting with 20 people and say Hi everyone. You cannot use freedom as an excuse there.

In the case of bollywood dino wearing mini I will say yes she is free to wear that. however when you cross a threshold of age then puprose of clothes changes from showing off to hiding. thats part of life.

greetings !
So there are number of reasons one wear dress and presenting yourself as modern is one
my topic was that , would being covered make u less modern and from stone age ??? or would being nanga punga make u oh-so modern ? LOL
i was led to conclude by previous threads modernization should be measured by one's mentality . 
and  i;ve been trying to comprehend lately how micro minis liberate a person ? how is it fun to wear short clothes ?if u can then enlighten me pls Smile

I think you have to ask this question to someone who wears micro minis. lol. You and I can have a view about a particular dress but in the end it is not our business to comment on what a stranger wants to wear. When I am okay with people covering themselves I should be okay with minis as well. In both cases its their choice and it aint my business. Having said that

- we do have the right to hold a view about certain dress being ok or not

- we can influence people who matter to us

- and yes no dress makes anyone modern or forward thinker.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

hit_homerunLovelyPlanetKrani

LovelyPlanet

Goldie

LovelyPlanet

Posted: 09 June 2013 at 5:43am | IP Logged

rebuke me here if u can 

i think that people who truly value their bodies would not put it on public display . 
wearing short clothes does not make anyone modern . i find such clothes a pathetic attempt @ seeking attention . 
for some weird reason I am taking it personally.. LOL
all of us want to wear nice clothes so we tend to buy the most expensive one can afford.. now if you see how these designers wears are, it does try to reveal some parts of you .but, it does look flattering or so I would like to believe.

so are you suggesting to buy some cheap blanket and cover everything because that can do the job?Wink.. may be I really lost you here.
if I was 4 feet tall I would have preferred minis as that would have been flattering on me.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

hit_homerunzorrroKraniForever-KA

hit_homerun

hit_homerun

Posted: 09 June 2013 at 5:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lonely0planet

rebuke me here if u can 

for some weird reason I am taking it personally.. LOL
all of us want to wear nice clothes so we tend to buy the most expensive one can afford.. now if you see how these designers wears are, it does try to reveal some parts of you .but, it does look flattering or so I would like to believe.

so are you suggesting to buy some cheap blanket and cover everything because that can do the job?Wink.. may be I really lost you here.
if I was 4 feet tall I would have preferred minis as that would have been flattering on me.
i agree with para 1 ,as for taking personally , ur not the only one  Smile

there are numerous dresses which make u look gorgeous and cover u @ the same time . 
blanket seroisuly ?LOLLOL
so why opt for shorter clothes when u can manage to look good in covered clothing ?

Edited by hit_homerun - 09 June 2013 at 6:02am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanet

hit_homerun

hit_homerun

Posted: 09 June 2013 at 6:01am | IP Logged

[QUOTE=King-Anu] Lets state some reasons for wearing clothes

greetings !

I think you have to ask this question to someone who wears micro minis. lol. You and I can have a view about a particular dress but in the end it is not our business to comment on what a stranger wants to wear. When I am okay with people covering themselves I should be okay with minis as well. In both cases its their choice and it aint my business. Having said that

- we do have the right to hold a view about certain dress being ok or not

- we can influence people who matter to us

- and yes no dress makes anyone modern or forward thinker.
take a look at this situation 

roadside romeos sittin on the rroad 
2 girls pass by [ note they are not together ] -one covered head to toe
the other , barely covered 

who do u think would flair up the tender of the romeos ???

so yes , short clothes do more harm than good 
so why wear them in public ?
and why be okay with this display either ?

Edited by hit_homerun - 09 June 2013 at 6:04am

Rehanism

IF-Dazzler

Rehanism

Posted: 09 June 2013 at 9:17am | IP Logged
^^By any chance, do you happen to be a fan of Zakirbhai MBBS? Because that cliched and simplistic parable is his invention..

Respect for another person's freedom of choice is the first and foremost sign of modernity as per me and passing judgements about what others should or shouldn't do in their private life is a sign of dark age mindset..Additionally its a lame and much rebuffed (and yet most repeated) excuse that short clothes invite molesters. Had that been the case the nude beaches and bikini spots would have been plagued with rape epidemic and conservative societies would have been heaven for women. Reality is more or less the exact opposite. Rape and molestation are much layered phenomena than simpletons believe.

You must understand that different people have different levels of comfort and different ways of seeing life. If you don't like being judged as 'Stone age' person for wearing full clothes, how can you judge others for dressing up in the way they wish to? What makes you think that you are in a position to decide what is okay for others?

Voting rights or educational rights can never create an equal or democratic society in full means unless every person learns to recognize another person as equal and free individual with sovereignty over their life and liberty.

Edited by Rehanism - 09 June 2013 at 4:56pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Kraniaadk

DonnaHarvey

IF-Sizzlerz

DonnaHarvey

Posted: 09 June 2013 at 4:53pm | IP Logged
clearly you are very much against showing skin and the whoever the other person is, is for it. also, he/she looks down on people who do not show skin & you sound like (from the way you have worded your question) you look down on those who do show skin. or maybe you are just angry. I can't say for sure.
But, I will say this. As long as someone else's actions are not doing you any harm, you are no one question them, judge them, etc. I like wearing shorts. I have friends who wear turbans or hijabs. We are tight. It is a very personal decision and no one else has the right to comment on it.

I am not sure if you even mentioned nudity but there are nude beaches in Europe. Other than that, pretty much everywhere in the world, covering genitalia and breasts in public is common courtesy and should stay that way.
other things: cleavage, leg, pits, shoulder, whatever else, is not my problem. Only the one who wears it.

all in all: IT IS ALL SKIN PEOPLE! Some keratin, some melanin, some hair. it's the same everywhere for everyone. get used to looking at it cause it is not going away.

if the state has let you do what you want, you got a choice. enjoy that choice and notice how I said choice which means I can say no to showing skin as much as I can say yes to showing skin.

I dont think slavery and voting (even as metaphors) belong here. They were much bigger issues. This is relatively trivial.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top