Debate Mansion

Nudity/exposing = Modernizing/ enjoying freedom?? (Page 12)

Post Reply New Post

Page 12 of 12

Page 1 Page 11
Page   of 12

Rehanism

IF-Dazzler

Rehanism

Posted: 14 June 2013 at 10:13pm | IP Logged
I don't have the faintest idea how you found me offended. And even if I were offended I wouldn't have demanded people to stop debating on the topic. Right to offend is a part of freedom of speech and getting offended cannot be a limit to that freedom.

Do I feel strongly on this matter? Ofcourse I do. This is a matter of human rights and I feel everyone should feel strongly about it. And especially when one sees that people are using the issue of rape and sexual assault to legitimize and further their own prejudiced cultural norms..

Originally posted by Rehanism

Originally posted by maha2us

I am now telling my views on this topic.

One guideline I can have for whether I can do something or not whether doing that is loving to me or is it harming to me? Anyone who likes to be nude can ask this question. While I can definitely accept anyone has her choice of having any dress, what happens to her is her own responsibility. An important point to be noted is the society in this World is full of wrong elements and each person has to do her needful to take care of herself.

Already there have been comments in this section, the dress of a lady can also attract rapists to her. Can crying after raping help her, if she didn't do her own homework to take care of herself?

I couldn't have disagreed more with anyone on anything...Under no circumstances is it victim's responsibility for what happens to her.

Many studies have been conducted so far on the psychology of rape and there's no evidence to prove that clothes play any factor in 'attracting' rapists. Most of the rape victims across the world (i.e. above 90%) were, what one may call, moderately dressed and what's more surprising is most of the rapists, when interrogated later, themselves don't remember what their victim wore. In over three-fourth of all rape cases the attacker was someone the victim knew well, more than often a member of house. Further if seductive clothes are a factor, one is at loss to explain the rape epidemic in Egypt or Sudan or Lebanon - or the gang rapes of dalits and tribals in India, or the rape of minors and old women in the most conservative part of the world..The psychology of rape is that of violence, revenge, control, punishment and ego. It has little to do with lust or sexual attraction.

I won't call it offensive, but its definitely saddening how religious and cultural indoctrination has left so many women with a permanent Stockholm syndrome to an extent that they willfully lend a shoulder to the same patriarchal values (and defend its legitimacy) that subjugate their own kind. Women in conservative societies grow up to see their bodies as an object of honour for their family and an object of temptation for the rest of the world. Consecutively, thanks to their upbringing, in the wake of any sexual assault, they believe that they must have done something to bring it upon themselves or in some way enticed their rapist, and therefore they share a part - if not whole - of the responsibility. This is also known as Battered wife's syndrome and this is a reason, among others, why a vast majority of the rape cases go unreported in these societies..

Edited by Rehanism - 14 June 2013 at 10:14pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

richa1792Kranimoomin4455Freethinker112-Chandramukhi-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Nudity/exposing = Modernizing/ enjoying freedom?? (Page 12)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mishe

Groupbie

Mishe

Posted: 16 June 2013 at 3:19am | IP Logged
1. so does a woman become modern and attractive if she shows the circumference of her naked thighs and hips ?

Nehh, not at all. Being modern has soo many aspects but in terms of fashion, nahhh. You can easily have a modern fashion sense without having to expose skin. I for one can vouch for that

As for attractive, again nope. Imo I'd judge someone as attractive by their physical appearance and personality, not based on whether they're showing skin. Generally when people sport mini skirts, I'll be like whatevs (so they're neither attractive nor unattractive). However, if it's bordering unclassy and desperate for attention, then
I'd say it makes them look unattractive. So it all comes down to why they decided to show some flesh, if it was to look attractive then I'd say it has the complete opposite effect, unbeknownst to them. If it's for say, fashion, and they maintain class, it would have no effect

2. does a teen enjoy her freedom when she observes bodily exposure ?

Mm I'd say a teen would enjoy her freedom once they're done with education ahah but as for bodily exposure... I dno. Depends where you're from I guess

devilindisguise

IF-Rockerz

devilindisguise

Posted: 17 June 2013 at 7:10am | IP Logged
*Sigh*
Ders always gnna b a contradiction

LeadNitrate

Viewbie

LeadNitrate

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 1:18am | IP Logged
 Note:

To all those who are arguing for or against a point, kindly refrain from shoving your religious/social/personal opinion and customs as  fundamental truth down the other person's throat.

Thank you.
LN.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

moomin4455

LeadNitrate

Viewbie

LeadNitrate

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 1:21am | IP Logged
My personal opinion is, calling out rape victims and blaming their choices of dress as the reason for  their malady is like blaming a cancer patient for having a cancerous cell. And it still does not explain the high rate of crimes against women in countries like afghanistan where women traditionally cover themselves up totally,  neither does victim invited it by her behaviour logic explain the  rape of 60 yr old Indian women or little children between age of 5-10.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Kranimoomin4455-Chandramukhi-

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 2:24am | IP Logged
It's not the exposing that is modern, but the right that you have to wear small clothes if you want and are comfortable with it. So, it's the thought that makes you modern, not judging people no matter whether they are fully covered or not., not the clothes.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

LeadNitrateKranimoomin4455-Chandramukhi-Samraat_92

moomin4455

IF-Dazzler

moomin4455

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 5:43pm | IP Logged
Freedom comes with responsibility. All I ask is that whoever exercises the freedom to wear next to nothing has a body that will look good in practically nothing, no matter what the age.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top