Debate Mansion

Nudity/exposing = Modernizing/ enjoying freedom?? (Page 10)

Post Reply New Post

Page 10 of 12

hit_homerun

hit_homerun

Posted: 13 June 2013 at 11:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Krani

Originally posted by hit_homerun

Originally posted by Rehanism

One more thing that I would like to say about is the "seeking attention" part. Even if someone dresses up in a particular way to seek attention, I don't thing there's any harm in that...Even I buy expensive clothes, beef up muscles and leave two buttons open to seek attention - never thought I was committing  crime. Its but a normal and natural evolutionary instinct to seek attention/admiration of the opposite sex, or even same sex. Why is 'seeking attention' something obnoxious or something to be stopped by moral policing is something beyond me...Sexual attraction is a natural thing for both the sexes and only societies that see sex with disgust and contempt, something to be feared and avoided, try to enforce dress codes, sexually repress women and practice s**t shaming.

whats wrong with seeking attention ? how do u know u wont be getting the wrong kind ? 
why would u want attention , unless u are insecure urself ? are ya ?
@ bold ROFL are u male ??? u sound as cathartic as an offended 15  year old girl gone defensive ! 

walking around unclothed is like rolling naked in manure , sure u will get attention , but also for the wrong reasons 

So you mean to say that people who cover from head to toe do not get the wrong kind of attention at all?

no ! but a less clothed person is more prone to get the wrong attention than a clothed one . specially when they are juxtapositioned    

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Nudity/exposing = Modernizing/ enjoying freedom?? (Page 10)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

maha2us

IF-Dazzler

maha2us

Posted: 13 June 2013 at 11:50pm | IP Logged
I am now telling my views on this topic.

First I will talk about modernizing or enjoying freedom. My own personal view is there is no such way, I can make out someone whether he/she is modern. Suppose a person says, having a cigar is handsome and modern, I don't want to be that way. Whatever be the age loving myself, valuing myself and being authentic and live by God's values are all I want to be. There are God's laws which are eternal and I like to live by those laws. Like the laws in Physics, God's laws never change whatever be the age. For me being a more and more caring, compassionate, gentle, tender, loving and understanding person to myself and others  is what I want to be and that I see is continuous practice.

As far me I will not comment whether nudity or exposing is to be accepted or not. Definitely everyone has right to enjoy freedom and enjoying freedom becomes possible when everyone takes responsible for himself/herself. No one gives another adult freedom. But that person has the responsibility to take care of himself/herself. And one thing I learn is trying to get attention of others is just the opposite of taking care of myself. If I try to get attention of someone, that means I feel I am deficient in a certain way which could hit me hard as days go by. Definitely if I am trying to get attention of others, I am not free.

One guideline I can have for whether I can do something or not whether doing that is loving to me or is it harming to me? Anyone who likes to be nude can ask this question. While I can definitely accept anyone has her choice of having any dress, what happens to her is her own responsibility. An important point to be noted is the society in this World is full of wrong elements and each person has to do her needful to take care of herself.

Already there have been comments in this section, the dress of a lady can also attract rapists to her. Can crying after raping help her, if she didn't do her own homework to take care of herself?

Edited by maha2us - 13 June 2013 at 11:57pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hit_homerun

Rehanism

IF-Dazzler

Rehanism

Posted: 13 June 2013 at 11:56pm | IP Logged

whats wrong with seeking attention ? how do u know u wont be getting the wrong kind ? 

walking around unclothed is like rolling naked in manure , sure u will get attention , but also for the wrong reasons 

I think I had already responded to that question of yours...If you want an expert opinion you may consult a psychologist of your choice..

"Its but a normal and natural evolutionary instinct to seek attention/admiration of the opposite sex, or even same sex. Why is 'seeking attention' something obnoxious or something to be stopped by moral policing is something beyond me...Sexual attraction is a natural thing for both the sexes and only societies that see sex with disgust and contempt, something to be feared and avoided, try to enforce dress codes, sexually repress women and practice s**t shaming."

And secondly, I see as per you anyone who doesn't conform with your definition of 'modest' dress code is 'naked' by default. Further you seem to equate lust, a very natural phenomena, with molestation - once again an ignorant co-relation..Now you should understand, in addition to what
McNinja said, why people regard your thoughts as antediluvian or Stone aged...

Honestly, this is why sex education is the need of the hour.

hit_homerun

hit_homerun

Posted: 14 June 2013 at 12:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by maha2us

I am now telling my views on this topic.

First I will talk about modernizing or enjoying freedom. My own personal view is there is no such way, I can make out someone whether he/she is modern. Suppose a person says, having a cigar is handsome and modern, I don't want to be that way. Whatever be the age loving myself, valuing myself and being authentic and live by God's values are all I want to be. There are God's laws which are eternal and I like to live by those laws. Like the laws in Physics, God's laws never change whatever be the age. For me being a more and more caring, compassionate, gentle, tender, loving and understanding person to myself and others  is what I want to be and that I see is continuous practice.

As far me I will not comment whether nudity or exposing is to be accepted or not. Definitely everyone has right to enjoy freedom and enjoying freedom becomes possible when everyone takes responsible for himself/herself. No one gives another adult freedom. But that person has the responsibility to take care of himself/herself. And one thing I learn is trying to get attention of others is just the opposite of taking care of myself. If I try to get attention of someone, that means I feel I am deficient in a certain way which could hit me hard as days go by. Definitely if I am trying to get attention of others, I am not free.

One guideline I can have for whether I can do something or not whether doing that is loving to me or is it harming to me? Anyone who likes to be nude can ask this question. While I can definitely accept anyone has her choice of having any dress, what happens to her is her own responsibility. An important point to be noted is the society in this World is full of wrong elements and each person has to do her needful to take care of herself.

Already there have been comments in this section, the dress of a lady can also attract rapists to her. Can crying after raping help her, if she didn't do her own homework to take care of herself?
phrased really well
i'd like to see people rebut this , that is if they can Smile

hit_homerun

hit_homerun

Posted: 14 June 2013 at 12:12am | IP Logged

I think I had already responded to that question of yours...If you want an expert opinion you may consult a psychologist of your choice..

"Its but a normal and natural evolutionary instinct to seek attention/admiration of the opposite sex, or even same sex. Why is 'seeking attention' something obnoxious or something to be stopped by moral policing is something beyond me...Sexual attraction is a natural thing for both the sexes and only societies that see sex with disgust and contempt, something to be feared and avoided, try to enforce dress codes, sexually repress women and practice s**t shaming."

*sigh* how do i say  this ? ill try
how many people do u want attention from ? how many people do u know will give u attention ? how many people u DONT know will give u attention ?
how would u know their intentions re , well, honourable ? 
and arent there other ways of seeking attention ?
And secondly, I see as per you anyone who doesn't conform with your definition of 'modest' dress code is 'naked' by default.

not naked , just exposed . and as for the nanga - punga , well the dictionary defines nudist as naked , so what else do i call them ? poor and could not afford clothes ?

Further you seem to equate lust, a very natural phenomena, with molestation - once again an ignorant co-relation..Now you should understand, in addition to what McNinja said, why people regard your thoughts as antediluvian or Stone aged...

heh ? never in my post did i equate lust as molestation . could u please refer to maha2us's post , my words dont seem to get inside ur head .

Honestly, this is why sex education is the need of the hour.

ROFL u make me sound like one of those politicians , who alleged rape vicitims to blame for wearing provocative clothes ! 

Edited by hit_homerun - 14 June 2013 at 2:33am

Krani

IF-Dazzler

Krani

Posted: 14 June 2013 at 12:29am | IP Logged

One more thing that I would like to say about is the "seeking attention" part. Even if someone dresses up in a particular way to seek attention, I don't thing there's any harm in that...Even I buy expensive clothes, beef up muscles and leave two buttons open to seek attention - never thought I was committing  crime. Its but a normal and natural evolutionary instinct to seek attention/admiration of the opposite sex, or even same sex. Why is 'seeking attention' something obnoxious or something to be stopped by moral policing is something beyond me...Sexual attraction is a natural thing for both the sexes and only societies that see sex with disgust and contempt, something to be feared and avoided, try to enforce dress codes, sexually repress women and practice s**t shaming.

@ bold ROFL are u male ??? u sound as cathartic as an offended 15  year old girl gone defensive ! 

So you mean to say that people who cover from head to toe do not get the wrong kind of attention at all?

no ! but a less clothed person is more prone to get the wrong attention than a clothed one . specially when they are juxtapositioned    

Okay.

Now tell me something. 

A man walks in front of you shirtless and in boxers. What would you call him?

A man is walking behind him, fully clothed, wearing kurta pyjama. What would you call him?

Would you stare at the man who is shirtless or the man who is clothed? 

When you stare at them, what are the thoughts that would go through your mind?

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 14 June 2013 at 12:48am | IP Logged

Good question.

If it is a person like this -

Mohit Raina takes 90 minutes to transform in Mahadev!

shirtless or clothed I guess I d  be all eyes for him, thoughtless and speechless LOL

Krani

Krani

IF-Dazzler

Krani

Posted: 14 June 2013 at 12:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Angie_

Good question.

If it is a person like this -

Mohit Raina takes 90 minutes to transform in Mahadev!

shirtless or clothed I guess I d  be all eyes for him, thoughtless and speechless LOL

*sigh* He is good-looking. 

But he is exposing...I guess that makes him indecent LOL I don't mind though Wink

_Angie_

Post Reply New Post

Go to top