Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DonnaHarvey thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: hit_homerun

i appreciate the subtle sense of ur reply . 
take a look @ ur right . u might find the pic of a women exposing her breasts , in the car . do u ? coz i can . [on this web site] the onlly clothing material is draped on her nipples .
what do u make of this woman ? 
what would other people make of this woman ? 
now prev. posts emphasized on how a person solely chooses his/her dressing style 
what do u think this woman makes of herself ?
does she become modern by exposing her body like that ? or does she enjoy her freedom ? does she provide a full time matinee free show to her obvious spectators ? does she become subject to public display ? 
No, I don't see any ad of that nature. But you know what I do see? Mom's best kept secret to fuller lips. Big business telling me I need lip implants. 
I don't agree. I freaking love myself.
Same thing. You are targeted for certain ads due to your age, gender, location, interests, etc. You don't need to act on the advertisement.
Now, you are acting like the average person by being offended by the advertisement but you offense is for all the wrong reasons. It is the sexism and the mere objectification of a human you should be offended by, not the view of breasts. 
You are in no place to choose what is moral or not for someone. Clearly the ad has a purpose. It is supposed to appeal to heterosexual men. Maybe it does its job. 
Your offense ain't going to change that and if you ask me, the reasons' where it's at. Re-evaluate those and we'll talk. I can't say if she is modern or not because she may still be against reproductive justice and vote for Romney. (that was a joke for any angry folk). 
Lastly, I dont dress for other people. I am pretty sure no one in their right mind give a damn what a stranger thinks when they dress up in the morning. You are giving the crowd too much credit. but in this case, it's an ad so yes, she is dressing to impress the target demographic. 
the problem is , when a person dresses lewdly , many people are put to shame rather than jsut them . they might not even realize that . 
then those people dont have other things to worry about. generalizations jeez
of course , i m not suggesting that people should go around burqa clad. just appealing for them to cover vital parts of the body . 
hey now. aint nothing wrong with that if that floats your boat.
too much is not good enough and too little is offensive.
the pressure by no one in particular these days
i owuld also like to know what enjoyment does one feel to cover only her genitals and breast . ?😕 might as well as remove 
tanning. you go to the beach to tan. also, just knowing you can do whatever the heck you want since your big boss is not putin. that is how good it feels. 
somehow nipples seem to infuriate conservation in people when the specimen is literally showing everyhting . ðŸ˜†
i hope i havent offended u . ðŸ˜Š
once again , appreciated ur subtlety 
dont give yourself too much credit. you will not be the reason I am offended. (partial joke, I cant tell how serious I am. I need coffee). 
Yeah I am not sure what subtly meant in this context but cool. 

Krani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9

greetings !
So there are number of reasons one wear dress and presenting yourself as modern is one
my topic was that , would being covered make u less modern and from stone age ??? or would being nanga punga make u oh-so modern ? ðŸ˜†
i was led to conclude by previous threads modernization should be measured by one's mentality . 
people going around calling covered ones stone aged is modern ?
and hell this happened on this site .😲
and  i;ve been trying to comprehend lately how micro minis liberate a person ? how is it fun to wear short clothes ?if u can then enlighten me pls ðŸ˜Š

In my personal opinion, you aren't any better than those people calling the people who cover up as those of "stone age" 

From your posts it's pretty evident you are highly judgmental of those who do not cover up, yet you expect people to be tolerant of those who do cover up. 

How about being tolerant overall?
hit_homerun thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Krani

hmmm , did i ever call them stoneaged ? did i resort to name calling ? highly judgemental ? im merely telling what the eyes show me !

and all im trying to figure out is how people find it liberating to expose !
if u can prove the sentiment behind nudity to me , then i will apply ashoka formula - tolerance 

till the time being i will call nudist nanga punga attention seekers 

hit_homerun thumbnail
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

What are we debating/discussing here?

Fifty something women wearing Forever 21 skinny jeans and acting like teens – or women in general who flash their skin and cleavage.

I live by the mantra, if you got it – flaunt it; if you don't – cloak it.

Krani thumbnail

By your "logic", they are merely name-calling because that's how they see it. 
The argument is not about how liberating it is - it's about a person having the choice to dress in whatever they want without them being name-called, or perceived as being less moral than those who cover from head to toe.

Funny how you say you do not resort to name-calling, yet you do that exact thing in the ending of your "argument"
Edited by Krani - 10 years ago

DonnaHarvey thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Jesus, I was talking about the ad which you referenced. I think it's very relevant but if you didn't understand then fine by me.
I still think people don't dress for others but they hear what others say. So, constant scrutiny doesn't go by unnoticed. Like you said, not asking to wear a burqa. Why? Ain't nothing wrong with a burqa. And, not wanting someone to wear a bikini. Ain't harming you either. There. 
If I wear a bikini in a mall, that is my business. Sure you invite attention. Weird zenophobics look at middle easterns funny. I am a Sikh, if I have a dude with a turban around me, people notice me atleast twice as much. I am certain people who wear bikinis are more than aware of the attention they are getting. If they are not harming you then, stay out of it.
hit_homerun thumbnail
Originally posted by: Krani

oh , um , ok ðŸ˜³
so i guess i was name calling
i hinestly dint realize . coz i thought that was -1 level of describing a person 
baby i have lots more i can say

but i will refrain , from name callin
yeah ok 
but i still havent gotten any formidable reply - Why do  people wear exposing clothes ? no really do they not have enough money for themselves to but fully covering and stitched material ? ðŸ˜†

in that case , im ready to daan donate my old clothes to them . i m sure u'd  want to join me ðŸ˜‰

Krani thumbnail

Why do you wear the clothes you do?
What if you went out and somebody called you names and made you feel shit about yourself based on what you wore?

Why does being fully covered make someone look morally better, compared to someone wearing a dress? 

~K

Rehanism thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
whats to judge ? exposing is wrong .

You are taking an absolutist stance with regard to a relativistic question. May be exposing one's body is wrong as per you, but it may not be so from others viewpoint. Further, how much exposing is wrong and who would decide it? Is exposing navel and midriff wrong? Or exposing cleavage wrong? Or exposing ankles, hands, neck, etc is wrong? Since you are speaking in context of India, I hope you are aware of many of the 'traditional' dresses expose all of the above, or even more!! And I also hope that you are aware that 'traditional' Indian art has documented female nudity in its full glory well before the advent of Islamic and Victorian moral polices! And one more thing - is exposing wrong only for women or are the same moral codes applicable to men as well? Because as I see almost all of the times, the paragons of morality and champions of Indian culture reserve their exclusive attention to women's supposed lack of morality and loss of values.

There are two types of morality - one is universal and other one is personal. Things that directly harm others or violate others rights, life, property and liberty are violations of universal morality - eg rape, assault, murder, theft, fraud etc..We call them crimes and have got laws/penal codes to check them. Personal morality - or things that concern an individual's own body, life, career, tastes or preferences - on the other hand, varies from person to person and is unique to each individual. For instance, one might feel that eating non-veg is immoral, but how would you feel if that person issues a blanket statement "All those who consume non-veg are barbaric brutes. Period"? Personal ethics cannot be dictated through monolithic codes. What is acceptable to one person may be objectionable to other. That's why moral policing is an example of ignorance and bigotry and a violation of individual freedom and is in contrast with the idea of democracy.

Remember this simple statement - Their Body, Their Life, Their Choice.

Oh yes, bikini beaches DO exist in India at multiple places across the Western banks..And they don't experience any major rape epidemic compared to the much more conservative North India..

Edit: And also I read that you said something like "Constitution doesn't grant any freedom with regard to wearing clothes"...Were you f**king seriously serious? Because a FACEPALM wouldn't be enough to express my reaction. Right to wear clothes, have sex in any position, have piercings/tattoos, eat, drink, party, dance, sing etc etc - are all inclusive in personal freedom - Right to Life, Personal Liberty, speech and expression..In 2009 Delhi High court affirmed the same with respect to homosexual relations and in 2010 once again the same court passed a similar statement with respect to live-in relations..I don't think BR Ambedkar had foreseen that geniuses like yourself would grace this land or else he would have certainly created an explicit fundamental right for each of these endeavors and all other personal behaviours that you might object to..
Edited by Rehanism - 10 years ago