Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Angel-luvs-s

IF-Rockerz

Angel-luvs-s

Posted: 06 June 2013 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
Well guys I am kind of new to this forum but I am completely in love with books ..well I am only about 15 and I love classics and literature. What I really want to know is that is there anyone here who reads Sherlock Holmes ..I am not talking about the newer versions, I am talking about sir Arthur Conan Doyle's series .i am in love with them and I have probably read most of them already but I want to know if there is anyone else who loves them and which one is your favorite . Mine is probably either the study of scarlet or the sign of four. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle is stil regarded as one of the most successful authors of all time so is there anyone , who like me still loves his writing style ?

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ShantanuSoulSweet.Sarcastic-solitary-theloupgaroux-Aliya--Rashi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Anyone reads Sherlock Holmes" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Ribbon

Groupbie

Ribbon

Posted: 07 June 2013 at 2:15am | IP Logged
Oh yea! My two best crime writers- Sir Arthur and Agatha Christie. Their book series are brilliant althought their style of writing varies a lot. My memory of Sherlock Holmes stories is a bit rustic. I dont recollect most of the stories. Have to read it once more. You should try Agatha Christie. :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Angel-luvs-s

Angel-luvs-s

IF-Rockerz

Angel-luvs-s

Posted: 07 June 2013 at 2:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ribbon

Oh yea! My two best crime writers- Sir Arthur and Agatha Christie. Their book series are brilliant althought their style of writing varies a lot. My memory of Sherlock Holmes stories is a bit rustic. I dont recollect most of the stories. Have to read it once more. You should try Agatha Christie. :)
Ya I love her books too..I have read Hercules poirot only it I am planning on reading more Smile

Ribbon

Groupbie

Ribbon

Posted: 07 June 2013 at 2:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angel-luvs-s

Ya I love her books too..I have read Hercules poirot only it I am planning on reading more Smile

Me too. I read one Marple Mystery Book but found it quite boring. Which Poirot mystery do you like the best? :)

Angel-luvs-s

Angel-luvs-s

IF-Rockerz

Angel-luvs-s

Posted: 07 June 2013 at 2:24am | IP Logged

Me too. I read one Marple Mystery Book but found it quite boring. Which Poirot mystery do you like the best? :)
I loved his last one the curtain...what about u?

theloupgaroux

IF-Rockerz

theloupgaroux

Posted: 08 June 2013 at 6:41am | IP Logged

Oh yes, I have. Embarrassed I read the Sherlock series in 9 grade and since then I've been a fan of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. My favourite one's gotta be 'The Hound of The Baskerville' which marks the return of Holmes after Sir Doyle supposedly killed Sherlock in 'The Final Problem' cause he was too much occupied with Sherlock's character. That was the extent of his beautiful characterisation of one the most popular detective ever! LOL

You could try, read some of them. The books are great. Embarrassed

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Angel-luvs-s-Rashi

rekha333

rekha333

Posted: 10 June 2013 at 12:20am | IP Logged
I do... and it's worth buy...

Ribbon

Groupbie

Ribbon

Posted: 12 June 2013 at 6:05am | IP Logged

I loved his last one the curtain...what about u?

The 10 posts a day rule sucks. 

I liked Murder On the Links and Evil Under The Sun.. Cant pick a favourite but apart from Poirot, I absolutely adore- And Then There Were None. It kept me guessing till the last word, literally.

Sweet.Sarcastic

Post Reply New Post

Go to top