Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
When the writers have such nonsense dialogue that Zeenat is surprised that he husband can find baigaan and locki in New York, then you know that NO-ONE on from the CVs, the PH to the writers know anything about New York let a lone Muslims within New York. 

Even Gul herself knows nothing about the culture or religion itself. It saddens me that these people have chosen to write about people and failed to do ANY research about them. Then do not even have consultants on the show. I have several and they do not even approach. Remember, these people were planning on messing around with the concept of halaala which goes to show they know nothing about what they are writing about. 

I mean if I am going to write a show about a Jewish family, I should at least know SOMETHING about their religion and culture. I would read about their culture, do some focus groups on the people to help understand who they are and make sure I understood at least some aspects about them before embarking on making a show about them. 
One-Of-A-Kind thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: famzii05

I completely agree with you. I live in England and I have never thought
of wearing such a short skirts - without tights or anything underneath as
well!

When Zoya said she wore it in NYC, I was a upset.

I see muslims girls who wear it, I think it's inappropriate because you are exposing too much and it is very wrong. I'm not going to apologise if
you don't agree with me cause that is my belief. Trust me, I am a
feminist. But by being a feminist does not mean you wear what you want
and then expect people not to judge you.What you wear, somewhat depicts your beliefs, and as I muslims girl those beliefs are not right. By Zoya wearing that skirt, it encourages other mulsim females to do the same in the name of "don't judge me by what I'm wearing" whereas it is completely wrong. The show has depicted Islaam in a wrong way. Many will say it is just a backdrop and they are modern muslims. But that's not the point. If you can't show something in its correct manner, then don't.

i agre wd u i have also the same pqgoblem, that they r encouraging other muslim feminines to wear by saying that dnt judge by clothes..!!! after all being a muslim or nt bt sumhow ur personality is judged by ur outfits also..!! im nt saying this is right bt at least u should care abt ur customs traditions n relign..
my POV...
One-Of-A-Kind thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
i completely agree wd u, im a Pakistani n by God's grace in our country these sorts of clothes r nt usual...
bt sumhow they have ruined zoya's cute character...

no offence to anyone.. clearly my POV
nicegirl_good thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Liberal and modern are two different things
Zoya is a weak character who thinks she will bring a change someday
How? Wearing Minu skirts? There is a time nod place for everything
If I wear what I wear in Canada in India
Would I be liberal or modern or dumb?
celina30 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I am not from India nor have I ever been to India, Pakistan etc but I have seen some of the Bollywood actresses wearing some really skimpy outfits that could make a man blush..they do these dance scenes with a skimpy bra with almost the wholebody to the hips in plain view...that is Eastern clothing and I think it looks quite obscene, very much like the micro mini..to me the difference is just exposed body versus exposed legs..I am nnot posting this to offend but it is an observation..I remember saying to someone recently that I did not know that Indian movies permitted this kind of dressing- looks a bit trashy but I think there is a double standard that indians criticise the West for indecent dressing but they should look at what the movies are depicting in the skimpily dressed ladies wearing saris (which I find so beautiful and elegant) except now a lot of them show too much skin exposure
Another point- I agree clothes maketh the man! People choose certain clothes to fulfill a need or lack or for confidence, attention or non attention, so yes people will judge others (rightly or wrongly) by what we wear and what THEY think is decent
countingstarz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: ilovedhanjanird

What ? Zoya is actually a pretty strong character and I don't recall her ever saying anything about bringing about change so idk what on earth you're talking about. ðŸ¤”
nicegirl_good thumbnail
Originally posted by: celina30

I am not from India nor have I ever been to India, Pakistan etc but I have seen some of the Bollywood actresses wearing some really skimpy outfits that could make a man blush..they do these dance scenes with a skimpy bra with almost the wholebody to the hips in plain view...that is Eastern clothing and I think it looks quite obscene, very much like the micro mini..to me the difference is just exposed body versus exposed legs..I am nnot posting this to offend but it is an observation..I remember saying to someone recently that I did not know that Indian movies permitted this kind of dressing- looks a bit trashy but I think there is a double standard that indians criticise the West for indecent dressing but they should look at what the movies are depicting in the skimpily dressed ladies wearing saris (which I find so beautiful and elegant) except now a lot of them show too much skin exposure

Another point- I agree clothes maketh the man! People choose certain clothes to fulfill a need or lack or for confidence, attention or non attention, so yes people will judge others (rightly or wrongly) by what we wear and what THEY think is decent

I know they go overboard sometimes
Muslim girls are wearing mini skirts and playing
But that's not the issue 
Issue is why Zoya should think if she wears a mini skirt in ny it should also be okay here :o
Originally posted by: ilovedhanjanird

Zoya is a WEAK CHARACTER???😕😕
Since when.?? She is the strongest female character I have seen on Indian television so far... 
nicegirl_good thumbnail
Originally posted by: divc

What ? Zoya is actually a pretty strong character and I don't recall her ever saying anything about bringing about change so idk what on earth you're talking about. ðŸ¤”

How is she a strong character ? Asad doesn't trust her but she is still going to marry him
Asad kicks her out she shamelessly accepts the proposal
And mo she needn't say it her behavior is good enough 
She tries to tell Asad how modern girls are okay too 
But does wearing mini skirt in India supposed to be modern?
nicegirl_good thumbnail
Originally posted by: Closed...

Zoya is a WEAK CHARACTER???😕😕
Since when.?? She is the strongest female character I have seen on Indian television so far... 

I have never seen her do anything strong
Please give me one instance