Users

Frequent Posters

Eccentrica thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: LooneyLuna

Hola amigos!

Nice to see everyone heeer finally!

Thank expel, I am merely a puppet in her hands! Kiddding ilud!

So has everyone commented on today's parinay? Where do we stand?

And shree and twiggy had some interesting points..from the past of parinay (before 2 years)..if they want to bring it up?

Luna
Ps. I have to write 3 assignments so please forgive my Mamaji Act ya?

my points remain the same as I discussed with you. 
The man is Arnav, he left AR in an attempt to stand on  his feet. But then it also makes me wonder that if leaving AR was possible, so was moving ahead with La...
Eccentrica thumbnail
Originally posted by: EXPELLIARMUS

I don't know, I haven't read it.
But Semanti cries all over me after every update . Also because I know the ending .

I gathered from the previous pages that Arnav dies or it about to die...ab yeh kaisi padh sakti hoon?😭
vgedin thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: EXPELLIARMUS

Hi!
Twiggy can you post that Parinay essay here?
You had some great points there.

Parinay essay ? ðŸ˜†

Hello lovely people,

I've had a busy weekend, so I'm late in my response. I have only seen Shree's reply - if there are others who responded, will you send them to me, Luna darling? :P 

Honestly, the real problem I have with Arnav is him going back to Lavanya after the wedding. The first night, and then later the kissing-hugging-reassuring session. Unacceptable. I would also have appreciated him going to Khushi before the wedding and telling her the truth, offering her the chance to walk out of the marriage if she wished to. Nothing his family could have done if the bride rejected the groom, eh ? (He didn't know Khushi doesn't quite have a say in her own life) 

We have established he is spineless. That is despicable, yes, but one cannot brand him a bad human being based on that.  He is not intentionally mean, and doesn't derive any pleasure in hurting someone else. Also, they say you can never make everyone happy. He was sandwiched between his family and Lavanya, he picked the former. Is that wrong ? Real life isn't like cinema, where a happy end is pretty much assured. He is no ishaqzaada. Must true love always be saat janam ka pyaar? You love like Devdas or it was not love at all? 

In the last update we saw he has been through a lot in life, and has had to shoulder too much too soon. And suddenly he is asked to let all of that go. He made an informed decision. Its just that he should have stuck to it like a man, rather than going to La's doorstep whining a day after his wedding. That is what truly made me want to break his nose. And his balls. (If he has them, that is. Me is doubtful :P ) 

I am not trying to defend Arnav, just trying to find some perspective. Also, I am not saying Khushi should go back to him (God no!). But, I think its unfair to demonise him. In fact we should credit NB for creating such a real and human Arnav. He is a good man who did a terrible thing. The problem is he managed to ruin a girl's life in the process (I don't think he ruined La's life - she will have a few months of heartbreak and a lifetime with a better man, hopefully) But we all do terrible things sometimes, no ? 

Me doesn't think he married her for the money, the stakes were a lot higher. Nani expected him to give up his identity, give up what defined him - and his Di. It was brutal, Nani's emotional blackmail. And the question Luna posed it so apt - what if Khushi was put in the same shoes as him, what if she was told you cant go IIMA unless you marry this dude, while she was in love with some other man and the family disapproved. What would she do? 

If I had to pick a villain in this story it would be the Raizada women. They played with Khushi's life, and then pretended they cared for her. W*F. Would Nani and Manorama be okay if the same thing was done to Anjali ? 

The airport scene I think was slightly exaggerated, made worse by the fact we carry the Rabba Vey baggage with us at all times. Maybe it wasn't a Rabba Vey moment? Maybe she was just trying to show that this was their attempt at a fresh start? The whole "sudden-compatibility" could have been an inconsistency. Or it could have been an earnest attempt for Arnav's side to look at the good things in life. We have all been so anti-Arnav from the start, anything good coming from him seemed unreal - perhaps? 

Closure, sometimes you really need one. Sometimes, its just a load of crap. If Arnav was looking for closure, he should have gone looking for one before his wedding. Now, he just wants absolution and he sure doesn't deserve it. But I will still maintain, despite all this, he is not a bad human being. 

But Khushi suffers the most in all this, and that breaks my heart. I just want her to be happy in the end - loved and cherished and successful. Bas! 

Shree, about your question. I think its got less to do with how you find out the truth and more to do with trust. And you'd like to think that a) the person in question knows you are strong enough to handle the truth, and b)he/she was brave enough, decent enough to look you in the eye and speak the truth.

Aaah so that was my essay. I won't blame you if you dozed off half way through :P

Twiggy  
reflorated thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Expellji how do you know Arnav dies if you haven't read the story :S

vgedin thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: V323

You'll know for yourself a few chapters into the story : )
EXPELLIARMUS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: V323

Semanti ne bataaya.
Mujhse yeh nahi padha jaata. Bas.
Eccentrica thumbnail
Someone make Madhu update DH...3rd June chala gaya😕
LooneyLuna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Twiggy! Love the HAM and anand analogy.

I lau how expel is educating everyone about HAM, did u watch anand J?

You know what I wonder..how do u end a story like HAM..? When a lead dies..
Eccentrica thumbnail
Originally posted by: LooneyLuna

Twiggy! Love the HAM and anand analogy.

I lau how expel is educating everyone about HAM, did u watch anand J?

You know what I wonder..how do u end a story like HAM..? When a lead dies..

Something on the lines of Khushi finding a means to live despite Arnav not being around...or new love, maybe? I don't know I have no idea about HAM.

I'm reading another story wherein Khushi is dead and Arnav is being urged by his family to get married again
reflorated thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
obviously someone else will come along and sweep Khushi off her feet ... love happens again ..., or you make Khushi walk into the sunset dreaming happily about the good times she had with Arnav or he doesn't actually die because of some miracle, or Khushi does a Heer-Ranjha act and decides to die with him