Bolegaindia:ST feels DD&VD were not stars before M

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago
Saurabh Tiwari feels Drashti Dhami and Vivian Dsena were not stars before Madhubala happened!

(50mins ago)
TV actors enjoy a great fame and they have a fan following which is not lesser than the ones enjoyed by our Bollywood actors. And when it is about naming the most desired faces of small screen then names like Drashti Dhami, Vivian Dsena, Gurmeet Chaudhary, Karan Singh Grover, Gautam Rode, Jennifer Winget, Sukirti Khandpal, Sanaya Irani, Mohit Sehgal and a lot more will be picked unanimously.

But can you imagine anyone doubting the star value of Drashti and Vivian, who currently play the leads in Nautanki Telefilms' Madhubala-Ek Ishq Ek Junoon aired on Colors? Well, there sure is one person around and he is none other than producer of the daily, Saurabh Tiwari. While at the launch of his new love story Do Dil Ek Jaan on Life OK, which has newcomers Ayaaz and Nikita, Saurabh shocked all with his foot-in- mouth statement.           

Stating why he didn't go for some big names like that of Drashti and Vivian for Jaan, he said, "Well, Drashti and Vivian were not stars before Madhubala. They were as equal as a new comer for Madhubala. I think the shows which they did initially were not to that level. All in all I would say Madhubala is their career's big project."

When the producer was reminded of Drashti touching the heights of success via Geet Hui Sabse Parayi and Vivian stealing the limelight playing the vampire in Pyaar Kii Yeh Ek Kahaani, he stated, "When we signed them we signed normal actors and not stars. Drashti and Vivian got popular post Madhubala. I would again say that they might be popular earlier but they had internet fan following and not TV audience who would daily switch on the channel to watch them. At the end what audiences watch on TV counts and not the internet traffic".

This for sure is to hurt the fans of the actors and we wonder how they'll react to this statement of Saurabh!
Edited by anu_sakshi - 10 years ago
bahut bahi galatfahami mein hain saheb...both were stars before MB.

Yes both have worked together in one show in MB, this duo has a magic doubled in this show else both have famous shows to their credit
LOL GEET fan ne ishki baja di hai
Poor Mr. Tiwari.. He Didn't Know ðŸ˜² How famous DVD were Before MB happened to them.
thanks for sharing
I think st live in pyschosis world , not in real world
before madhubala show dvd already a well known name & a star in tv world
@anu_sakshi: TFS the article!!!!😊