Jhalak Dikhhlaa Jaa Season 6

Dance Critique Thread Note : 60 (Page 72)

Post Reply New Post

Page 72 of 73

DesiPrincess93

IF-Dazzler

DesiPrincess93

Posted: 12 August 2013 at 7:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shelly1026

My review for the team acts:

Team Drashti and Salman (ok - why was their team announced as "Team Drashti and Salman" and Lauren's team only "Team Lauren"?Confused - but I digress...):

Every single person on the dance floor looked hot!  Thumbs Up The beginning with Sid carrying all the girls was so smart. I loved the part where the girls where holding on to the guys and did a back bend while in a circle Clap

The salsa afterwards was slightly choppy but mostly amazing Smile I wish Drashti had done more of a split at "mane na" but the part with Drashti's hands folded being flipped by Salman after that was my favorite part Thumbs Up!  I loved Drashti's expressions during that flip part as she has the attitude necessary in such an act.  Some of the salsa steps had been used in their earlier acts but overall, these two looked great! Dancing

I loved Sana and Tusshar's entry after that.  Day DreamingThere was a slight coordination problem in the salsa steps but I loved Sana's strength in staying up while the boys were holding her in the air - lots of core strength needed for that!! Big hug to Sana! Hug

Mukti and her partner did a great job with the Salsa and I'm in love with Mukti's expressions! Thumbs Up The throwing of Mohena and Mukti was very clean and jumping of Mohena while Drashti, Salman and Mukti's partner pushed her off was cool! Cool

Sid and Mohena's salsa was also really clean Smile Except the last lift which had some hesitation.  The last flips were nice (except Mukti loosing her balance) but the overall effect was amazing!! Thumbs Up

Team Lauren:

Bikhari concept! LOL "Bhagwan aap ko das jhalak ke season judge karne ko dega"! ROFL Everyone's facial expressions were to die for! The dialogues just killed me!! LOL

In the beginning dancing-wise, everyone did a great job Big smile I wonder, however, how much the dance had to be altered with two teams missing Stern Smile did we miss out on some great dancing due to the dynamic kid duo not being there?? The "ese kese pese mangti ho" with the slap was completely ROFL

In the "phatlela jeb" part, KVB and Sneha's dance steps looked slightly choppy at the end when they were doing their kicks but overall they did amazing Thumbs Up One lift was used in their solo dance but was again done beautifully and without hesitations.  Their dancing is really smooth and I love that! The "bhikari" Punit and Lauren in the back were hilarious! ROFL

The "taye taye piss" was again hilarious! LOLShaan and Marischa have perfect coordination Clap. Their expressions were bang-on and I think they have a really good partnership going.

Lauren and Punit's dance after that was the best for me! The "haye current marti he", the jive steps they did, the lifts were completely smooth Dancing I had a big smile on my face while these two were dancing to "I hate you like I live you" Big smile big hug to both of them for such amazing chemistry and coordination Hug

In the dance steps after that, I liked that KVB and Sneha got the limelight in the back and did the  lifts Thumbs Up.  The pure dancing after that was so refreshing and the KHAMOSH in the end was amazing!!! ROFL

Great job by both teams!! ClapEnjoyed both acts immensely Big smile

Edit:  I especially appreciated seeing that the other team was enjoying the acts.  Special mention to the contestants for their sportsmanship! Clap

Nice review! You describe well! All the details in your review made the performances
replay in my head. Clap Yes, both teams did a fabulous job & I could have watched them all go on forever. It was very entertaining. 
@bold: after Team Lauren's performance, Manish did mention "zordaar thaliyaan team lauren and punit ke liyeh" If that makes you feel any betterLOLSmile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Shelly1026

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Dance Critique Thread Note : 60 (Page 72)" in Jhalak Dikhhlaa Jaa Season 6 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Jasuhana

Groupbie

Jasuhana

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 11:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by enigmatic_zephy

Originally posted by Jasuhana

This week Mukti was best. Sana needs a lil more polishing(to make it flawless) otherwise as we saw Mukti perform, nxt week her marks may drop if she keeps doing at same level, otherwise she did good. Lauren- I don't know y could not catch my attention this time. Drashti's act was dance wise pretty simple.  Bitter truths are that Shaan's performance dissapointed and Sonali could not perform, hope she gets well soon. Karanvir was pretty good and Siddharth is improving day by day since Mohena has been here. I donno if tht is Mohena's training effect or he's working harder. 

I agree.. sid has improved..

didn't see the first day of JDJ..so no idea abt others..

Lauren's was ok..

Shonali i consider the same as shoreo ( basically i ignore her LOL).. but if i have to support oneperson on this stage its sumant..and i do hope (hell with the trophy)..that this guy gets opportunities and trainings..he can grow to be great at this..and he needs it too..we can see he doesn't come from that great a background..so given an opportunity, he can actually make his hobby his profession

isn't KVB out? did he perform? or am i reading your post too late..

Mukti on the other hand has failed to impress me..in the marathon dance, hers was sloppy..i don't know what it is..( if she has a secret pact with colors or sthg)..but she is def below her ZND level..she was never a flawless dancer but she was nevertheless good..

u're definetely late my dear...this was for previous week( my review)LOL but thts ok...and yah i absolutely agree what u're talking bout mukti...what we saw in znkd was some other muktiLOL

Edited by Jasuhana - 14 August 2013 at 11:37am

Jasuhana

Groupbie

Jasuhana

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
Weekly review: 10-11th August '13

Sonali Sumanth were best this time...I loved how they did the classical steps with so much grace...lovely. Lauren, Mukti, Shaan did well concept wise, though the concepts were nthng new, but it is India's Independence day special, so what can be better than saluting the true heroes. Die hard fan of Mukti's expressions. SANA: As always very energetic, varieties of forms were shown, amazing, powerful. Drashti...it was a difficult act, she tried best. siddharth is improving, nthng new to say. 

The dance marathon was fatafati(means amazing, in the sense of true competetion)...lol yes, im overwhelmed and yes, im bengaliWink . But seriously, Mukti...what is she doing?Confused and drashti should have been eliminated before Sonali sumanth, and ofcourse, Sana did better than Lauren. Lauren-Punit were doing their strength, western only, Sana-Tushhar showed variations.

Now I feel like Sana deserves to win the show, tho I don't think she will, as Drashti is more popular. and I also feel like Remo is being partial to her heroine(Lauren)

Edited by Jasuhana - 14 August 2013 at 12:22pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mahelalover

LadyDabangg

IF-Sizzlerz

LadyDabangg

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 3:00am | IP Logged
17 august episode

sana was really good. She managed to do hip-hop well.
27 was good for her performance

kids my god same lifts againOuch
25 ok for themSleepy

Edited by LadyDabangg - 18 August 2013 at 3:03am

HashiBoo

IF-Sizzlerz

HashiBoo

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 6:59am | IP Logged
17th saturday .. 

Kapil is totally back ... in the first few episodes i thought kapil as a host wouldnt work for jhalak ..But he is really amazing and No ifs and buts he is doing  a outstanding job 

DD-Sal 

They got the most beautiful songs .. and they dressed up so beautifully .And actually i liked their performance apart from the lifts .. And Specially Salman was really good today ..I hardly see salman dancing like this in this season ..It was a treat to watch .. and Drashti some steps she executed certainly well ..but some steps she couldn't deliver enough to match up with salman .. Again my main concern is choreography ..Nothing extra ordinary ..and not even a single wow step you would remember after watching the performance  ...
  marks : 23 (salman dance so beautifully and dd looks like a doll)

Shan Sneha

Songs - Ok ..(I cant even remember now which song they actually danced)There were some nice steps .. .But I didnt enjoy their performance and there were few mistakes which were clearly visible ..and Choreography was average .. But Shan was enjoying and danced freely ..
marks : 22 (I Prefer DD dance over this)
I love the courage of shan to say that He expected good marks back because of the commetns he got from the judges LOL(Shan dont take what their telling seriously .. pure nonsense )

Sana Tushar

Song - OK ..But these two just nailed it ..They did a justice to DJ theme in every aspects .. They had the right amount of energy to execute it and The choreography was mind blowing,Tushar didnt miss a single beat and Sana executed them really well ..crisp and clean steps .. .. the act has a filmy touch to justify to the song . Really well done ..(Remo giving them 8 and shan 8 is just not done Angry)
marks - 27/28

kids - first half was good ..they are good with lifts ..whole india knows it ..But I am seriously fed up watching them the same thing (but tomorow performance looks promising) There were few visible mistakse and coordination issues .. ok performance

Marks 23/24

Face off - Sid was really good in the beginning but after a one mistake sid has totally given up ..In a way he knows with whom he is dancing against ..But still would have been better if he performed by his heart.. Mukti was just mind blowing .. nice concept and she really deserves to stay .. 

Mukti -sash - I like the song .. And some parts were totally awe me ..And yes the lift was really unnecessary and that hindrance the flawlessness of that act .. But Remo giving 7 is a joke .. Muktis excuses really unnecessary better to keep quiet baby .. and do dance like u did in the face off .. 

marks 25

Lauren Punit  : what I can write .. Absolutely 30 worth performance ..I loved the starting and specially the part Lauren was shaking her hip it was nicely choreographed by Punit .. and executed by both of them .. and she is really good in garba also .And the way they change garba to robotic was really smooth .. No clumsy steps  at all .. They finished all the steps and the act was flawless ...There so many wow moments ..I watched it so many times ..and hats off to punit for being smart .. and chosing s cocept like this in Dj theme

Special note

I found KJO makes more sense than the other two 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Jasuhana--Sarunholic--Shelly1026

amandaclarke

Goldie

amandaclarke

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
Sunday: 18 aug

Lauren act: 30
Honestly It didnt deserve that much. 27 was enough for this act today. There was nothing new except the costume. This act was too simple

Drashti act: 24
Honestly she was not that bad. I agree act was incomplete. Compared to all acts it was weakest also.  So 24 is not bad score

Sonali act: 30
Their llifts were their strength in today;s act. Well performed and they deserve it..Clap

Sana act: 30
Finally the girl got what she deserved after amazing acts. I cant understand why she missed the 30 till now. Too Late ..but today she nailed it..Go girl.. You can be in final Clap

Mukti act: 24
After that aerial act i expected a bit more. Remo was too harsh with comments and other just followed the same. But these may help her improve more. We see her caliber sometimes and she tends to be simple in some acts. It could have been atleast 24-27

Shaan act: 27
Another aerial. Just like with every act Shaan sang the song once again. so there was no female voice in the act. In the last bit in the act like KJO commented I was also thinking was that it..! is it over ...! and woah..! Shaan did the most unexpected fall  to end the act ..Clap

Jasuhana

Groupbie

Jasuhana

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 5:16pm | IP Logged

17th August

Lauren n Punit's act was sth I nvr saw before, Robotic cum Garba, really innovative, good job Lauren, great job Punit. Mukti  was looking like a Barbie doll, of course, amazing performance, she really needs a better choreographer Unhappy. Sana Tushar had some co-ordination problems, but again, another power packed performance. Sonali Sumanth did an awesome stormy step(lifting) and the scene is still revolving in my head Wacko. The problems they were having while doing some steps, could be clearly seen. We expect less lifts and more dance nxt time. Drashti Salman were good. Glad to see Shaan back in his form Big smile

Appreciate everyone's effort.Clap

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

--Sarunholic--Shelly1026

Jasuhana

Groupbie

Jasuhana

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 7:56pm | IP Logged
18th August

Mukti and Shashank did a nice performance- eyes soothing.

SONALI N SUMANTH...OMG! WHAT A CHOREOGRAPHY!! THE WONDER KIDS DID GREAT JOB. I WONDER HOW THEY DANCED WITH THE SWORDS. SUMANTHS BODY LANGUAGE WAS LIKE A HERO!! N SONALI'S EXPRESSIONS MAARDAALA!!!! THEIR LIFTS AND SPINS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THEIR STRENGTH.
 Sana and Tushar's act was really good, avatarLOL.

Lauren gave another beautiful performance. Drashti's act was really emotional. Missed Shaan's one

Excited to see Rithvik, Sanaya and others nxt week

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

--Sarunholic--Shelly1026

Post Reply New Post

Go to top