Jhalak Dikhhlaa Jaa Season 6
Jhalak Dikhhlaa Jaa Season 6

India-Forums

Dance Critique Thread Note : 60 (Page 6)

Preethi-Premi IF-Rockerz
Preethi-Premi
Preethi-Premi

Posted: 31 May 2013 at 10:34am | IP Logged
With my little knowledge of Bharatanatiyam !!
Tony_StraK786 IF-Addictz

Posted: 31 May 2013 at 10:36am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
with_an_idea Senior Member
with_an_idea
with_an_idea

Posted: 31 May 2013 at 10:36am | IP Logged
Count me in too. Though my dance knowledge is zilch but I know when I see something and it looks bad. I hope this thread stays sane n with healthy arguments coz frankly I'm not interested in sl*gging matches n I hear it got bad last year.

This is Asma here btw.
HappyMelody IF-Stunnerz
HappyMelody
HappyMelody

Posted: 31 May 2013 at 11:17am | IP Logged
@ShopaholicNY
Agree with most of your povs

I'm mighty impressed by Salman's promo too. Since I haven't seen any of Dhrashti's previous dancing, I can't comment much about her. I just hope he continues to bring out more interesting concepts to this season

Punit, Marischa, Sonia, Savio and Sneha are choreographers whom I'm keen to watch this season considering their previous work

Like you mentioned, Punit has so much potential. In fact I find him a better choreographer than a dancer from previous season's work. For some reason I feel Lauren might outdo him in performance front cuz I think she's far more experienced and skilled than Punit. Let's hope they balance  their skills and bring out a good show

It's so good to have Sonia and Marischa back this season and I have high hopes riding on Sonia. Watched few of her work in some previous season and she was mind blowing from whatever I've seen. Not sure how flexible her celebrity partner is as I don't know anything about him

Savio was a total let down last season. He was bang on with Hard Kaur but couldn't excel with Bharti. He seemed lost and perhaps last season was not his time. Hopefully he will bounce back 

Sneha is energetic but compared to the rest, she's not that creative. Maybe I'm being harsh on her but I know she can do much better than what she did with Rithwik. Her work was good but somehow not memorable 

Oops I yapped a little too much! LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DrModelrainbowgirlnikitagmc

DrModel IF-Rockerz
DrModel
DrModel

Posted: 31 May 2013 at 11:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by NadzGirl...

@ShopaholicNY
Agree with most of your povs

I'm mighty impressed by Salman's promo too. Since I haven't seen any of Dhrashti's previous dancing, I can't comment much about her. I just hope he continues to bring out more interesting concepts to this season

Punit, Marischa, Sonia, Savio and Sneha are choreographers whom I'm keen to watch this season considering their previous work

Like you mentioned, Punit has so much potential. In fact I find him a better choreographer than a dancer from previous season's work. For some reason I feel Lauren might outdo him in performance front cuz I think she's far more experienced and skilled than Punit. Let's hope they balance  their skills and bring out a good show

It's so good to have Sonia and Marischa back this season and I have high hopes riding on Sonia. Watched few of her work in some previous season and she was mind blowing from whatever I've seen. Not sure how flexible her celebrity partner is as I don't know anything about him

Savio was a total let down last season. He was bang on with Hard Kaur but couldn't excel with Bharti. He seemed lost and perhaps last season was not his time. Hopefully he will bounce back 

Sneha is energetic but compared to the rest, she's not that creative. Maybe I'm being harsh on her but I know she can do much better than what she did with Rithwik. Her work was good but somehow not memorable 

Oops I yapped a little too much! LOL

I think its high time Salman claimed his lost glory..I feel as if he is always so close and then he loses; not fair

Erm Sonia's celebrity partner..erm let's just say he needs to work really very hard to get the beats, be flexible and dance well. let's see what he can do; my friends and I and this particular celeb go way backEmbarrassed BUT we are not blind pankhis and we call a spade a spade therefore if he is bad then he will be critiqued; but I must say that if anyone can make him dance it is Sonia

I felt like Ritwick deserved better than Sneha last year but Ritwick himself was a really good dancer as is KVB; I want to watch Sneha-KVB's first performance; but I have a feeling they will do salsa. hope I am proven wrong here

I think Lauren-Punit will eb fantastic and Punit finally has a celeb he can work well with

Meghna gave good thumkes with Sushant' hopefully Savio can work well with her; he ahd certain limitatiosn with bharti which i hope won't be repeated with Meghna

Let's see what the episode brings

Edited by shopaholicNY - 31 May 2013 at 3:19pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Hiral_Halwa

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 31 May 2013 at 11:40am | IP Logged
Thankyou for the thread. I'm not a trained dancer but would love to read the discussions by the ones who have knowledge of different dance forms. :)

This year Lauren, Shweta and Karanvir Bohra are likely to be the strongest contestants cos all 3 dance really well. Drashti's dance also looked impressive in the promo- is she a good dancer too?Lauren and Sushant's introductory dance on 'Ude.. khule aasma mein' looked BEAUTIFUL. Can't wait to see Sushant dancing on JDJ again! Jacqueline was dancing very well too!

Waiting for the premiere episode tomorrow. Finally something interesting to watch on TV. :D

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

HappyMelody

HappyMelody IF-Stunnerz
HappyMelody
HappyMelody

Posted: 31 May 2013 at 11:50am | IP Logged
Nikita Hug Good to see you again in JDJ
nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 31 May 2013 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by NadzGirl...

Nikita Hug Good to see you again in JDJ

Hug 

Thanks Nadz! I'm at home for almost the whole of June so I guess I will be watching whole episodes the first 4 weeks of JDJ.. rest I don't know.. depends on whether I start rooting for someone real hard by that time..LOL

Am happy that Sonia Jaffer is back. She's fantastic, as a choreo and a dancer! There was one Sushant in the choreo list too, can someone tell me who he is? I know the rest of the choreos I think, but him I dont remember.. did he come in any reality show before?

Go to top