Look at the TRPs Objectively!

nazmobile thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
This whole TRP business I feel is always such a headache and most of the time not worth the hassle. And honestly trps for daily soaps just is pointless, but that's just my opinion on TRPs in general.

But I think people are also forgetting the bigger picture here, MB is still one of top shows on tv at present. 

When reported on and analysed it always comes up with break out scenes and stand out performances. Granted the trps are low but the show has been running for a year now so a drop in trps is expected, throw in the combination of some stale tracks and scenerios which haven't worked as well and hence you get some people who switch off until the next track starts.

I know a few fans who stopped watching the show since the whole Sultan/Madhu triangle track but are now coming back to the show since hearing that RK and Madhu are back, and it works the same way, i'm sure some Sulbala fans have decided to switch off because they aren't liking the Madhu/RK reunion.

What the CVs need to realise is that the trps and the show was doing great up until the unwedding twist which by the way i feel was a great twist, it threw everyone and made for great tv drama which is what M:EIEJ is known for, what they should have done is stuck with the core of the story and followed it through.

Granted that they needed or perhaps wanted to introduce another character hence Sultan was brought in but the messed around too much with the storyline, all of a sudden the story switched from RK and Madhu and their revenge drama (which let's be honest is what started the whole MB magic) and threw in a possible triangle scenerio, mixed in with a gangster/don track, mixed in with Madhu/Aryan track, it was too much and not enough expansion or build up of the story like we saw with RK/Madhu.

On top of that we don't have so many other characters like Mallik and Roma and there aren't any parallel tracks running either so it's difficult to sustain a show when the story is just being dragged.

The positive is that they are trying to now rectify that and get it back to it's old greatness.
Whether people like it or not RK/Madhu are going to happen, RK will play a part in Madhu's life and in her heroine track which I still believe will happen.

We know that there is some sort of link with Sultan and RK and the writers are now trying to come up with a twist to bring that into the foreground.

There is still some doubt over the whole marriage thing and tbh i think the creatives need to bury and settle this whole marriage thing once and for all so either RK/Madhu get married or they end this whole thing because the more they keeping going back and forth the more the fans are going to get annoyed.

It will take more than a week for trps to grow generally but i'm sure if you look at the breakdown some episodes work more than others.

There is nothing wrong with the romance and nor is it forced, those who feel or think that have issues with other things namely that a character is being misrepresented or isn't being linked to the person they would prefer etc.

I think if you take a step back and look at it objectively then you will see that Madhubala as a show is doing well, it has to contend with other shows that deal with some social issues which connect well with the maturer family audience who are the larger demographic the Saas/Bahus etc.

I think we just need to chill and as fans stick by the show because good or bad, we have the power to ensure that there is a demand for a show. And every show will have it's ups and downs storywise, some characters will be appreciated whilst others won't but at the end of the day if you like a show and are a fan then you have to have a degree of loyalty and so my advice would be that we just make sure we watch the show and constructively pass our comments to the creatives via twitter and share our thoughts in this forum.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RishbalaAsyaMG thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
And madhubala has a lot of international fans!! Also we need more promotion on tv!!! Try make wedding big and show it off
cardio21 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Nice post! Actually money talks! N TRP indicates money..
But as I said earlier, TRPs don't splurge up in a week.. Give the audience a solid reason to come back to the show., after Charu's breakdown, it did look better..
Even earlier, the rise in TRPs was gradual.. The slump was also gradual. Rishbala are not gonna use a magic wand. It's not like they jump into the bath tub, and TRPs will jump to >5..😆

And the everyday stories that come up associated with the wedding are not helping it either.. So eats wait n watch.. Now that the positivity is creeping back, the show will climb up again.. 

The Saturday TRP is highest.. Mehndi function was well liked.. So let's enjoy the wedding.. We all know that a majority loves Rishbala n will continue to love them.. 

Edited by cardio21 - 10 years ago
moniluvskinshuk thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
TRP's will defo increase  I am very confident abt it . Rishbala Rockzzz 
Befikre thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
That is why i was always against lame love triangle track because is does no good to the show. It only divides the audience into two fangroups. TRP drops if either of the couple happens because the other fangroup stops watching.
nazmobile thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: CHAKKU_DAAYAN

That is why i was always against lame love triangle track because is does no good to the show. It only divides the audience into two fangroups. TRP drops if either of the couple happens because the other fangroup stops watching.

You're right i've not known any triangle that has worked on television.
The only one that remotely seemed to work was the DMG KSG/Jennifer/KW triangle in that KW/Jennifer pairing was working really well until they brought back KSG and then the fan groups just all went crazy and led to the show eventually being canned which was a shame.

I think the beauty of this show was the unique, twisted, dark yet still enjoyable love/hate relationship of RK/Madhu and they've kinda deviated from that so it's good that they are getting back to their USP.

But yeh lets see, i think the whole Sultan track can work, if they stick with keeping him a grey/negative character because that is what works in this show, when you have someone who is negative yet still likeable.

DushtDanaf. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
nice post ; looks like the the creatives hadn't considered that attempting to turn an epic love saga into a saas bahu soap by means of a forced love triangle would actually end up costing them trp's and not gaining them. the only thing that worked for MEIEJ was the RIshbala love story and the consistency with the characters, but even those were shot to hell to accommodate some bs forced track of a "golden hearted bhai", biggest oxymoron if i saw one. good to see that their trying to fix their mistake now, but unfortunate that it took them this long to realize it. don't expect to see any improvement until after the wedding happens, since that's the only sure fest way to gain back the audiences trust.  
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: cardio21

Nice post! Actually money talks! N TRP indicates money..

But as I said earlier, TRPs don't splurge up in a week.. Give the audience a solid reason to come back to the show., after Charu's breakdown, it did look better..
Even earlier, the rise in TRPs was gradual.. The slump was also gradual. Rishbala are not gonna use a magic wand. It's not like they jump into the bath tub, and TRPs will jump to >5..😆

The Saturday TRP is highest.. Mehndi function was well liked.. So let's enjoy the wedding.. We all know that a majority loves Rishbala n will continue to love them.. 

agree Cardio and Naz 👏 there was IPL, and there was some techincal problems due to digitization also..but overall MB managed to maintain a good position during the IPL..it's still on no. 6 ..i'm sure marriage track will boost  the TRP's ...if we check the breakdown, Rishbala romance  and mehandi function got better TRP's...and check the TRP graph , TRP's are on a decline since Sultan entered MB...and when Rishbala married was fixed, it;s rising steadily...just this week it has dropped but i'm sure next week they will be rocking..
taraka2005 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
totally agree wid u 😊 TRP will increase in future..👍🏼
unlimited_craze thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nice post..

The TRPs wont increase immideately..they dropped gradually with audience slowly turning away from the show due to clunky plots..Sultan as a character would have added so much more had he been shown negative but they made him a joke by showing him the way he is...add to that the forced triangle and taking away focus from the leads and playing with their characters to accomodate new people..it was bound to frustrate audience and the trps show..

even now with so many people trying to stop the marriage, there is a shadow of doubt whether the wedding will happen or not..people are scared to trust the CVS again...to be cheated again..only amd only when the marriage is truly over will people slowly come back