Originally posted by Skepblun
I had great expectations from this show. But sorry to say I was not that impressed.
- The actor chosen to play the Muslim invader was hamming! His look was also odd. His fake beard seemed to be threatening to fall off any minute.
- Rajshree Thakur was great. I am delighted to have her back.
- The actress chosen to play majli maasa (one who was eating achaar) was an out of the place choice. Her voice is too screechy and childlike. She too looks too young to be mother to a pre-pubiscient boy.
- The scene with Pratap getting lotus was odd. It was first shown as a small pond with still water. Suddenly it became bigger and out of nowhere crocodile emerged in it? Earlier there was only one crocodile in the shallow water, suddenly they had more crocs in running water, encircling the lotus?
And how come everyone was standing around the water body coolly if it had so many crocs? Can't crocs come out of water and attack?
- The kairi scene also comes across exaggerated. Did it really happen? Are there tales about it? If so then fine. But if not, then there was no need to introduce this typical TV soap type drama in it.
- Sets and locations were impressive. Grandeur was evident.
- Language, local dialect and accent seem to have been ignored or not paid much attention to. They can improve on it to make it look more authentic.
- Big B's voiceover in beginning was epic!
i agree with this!!! N one question...WHEN DID SUCH A HUGE DESERT LAND UP IN MEWAR?? being a mewari myself, i was expecting sum more realistic opening...with mountains, greeenery, ponds,,,,but...deserts? crocs? the entire 1st show looked unrealistic to me!!! and so did this KAIRI story...!!!
N now...can anyone plz tell me..who is this SHAMKHAN????