Bwood Diva : Madhuri Dixit - A new beginning - Page 100

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by *Resham*

Helloz people, are you alive, m happy tht DI teaser is earning gd reviews, just cant hold the excitement now

Still alive...waiting for the songs...after that don't know😆

Madhuri Dixit says she cannot stop Gulaab Gang & Dedh Ishqiya's clash

The fans of Dhak Dhak girl are still eagerly waiting see the actress on celluloid. But now that she is once again making her return to films, apparently it would be an overdose for her fans!

Well, Madhuri is returning to films with a full-fledged character in her upcoming films with Gulaab Gang and Dedh Ishqiya, both of which are said to release on the same day i.e. January 10, 2014. Dedh Ishqiya, which was initially scheduled to release on January 30th, now has an early release. Gulaab Gang on the other hand is said to be releasing on January 10, 2014 thus leading to a big clash.

Speaking on this issue Madhuri  said she has no idea about the release of film and it is totally the call of the producers. Speaking on this issue Madhuri  said she has no idea about the release of film and it is totally the call of the producers. Madhuri Dixit Nene was speaking on the occasion of a campaign launch for diabetes patients.

If the reports are to be believed, Madhuri Dixit's Gulaab Gang would be pitted against her other film Dedh Ishqiya. While it is a known fact that when two films clash with each other, one of them suffers. But in this case, either of the movie's loss will only affect the former queen of Bollywood, who's set for her second innings here.

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/ENT-madhuri-dixit-says-she-cannot-stop-gulaab-gang-dedh-ishqiyas-clash-4428294-PHO.html

Do you want to see two Madhuri Dixit films on the same day?

Come January 10, 2014 and fans of Madhuri Dixit might be in for a double treat. The actor who was last seen as Diya in Aaja Nachle (2007) will be seen in two films - Dedh Ishqiya, directed by Abhishek Chaubey, produced by Vishal Bhardwaj and Gulaab Gang, directed by Soumik Sen and produced by Anubhav Sinha.

However, purely from a business point of view the news of the Dhak Dhak girl's two films releasing on the same day is a bad one. Both the films will eat into each other's business.  Even senior trade analyst Amod Mehra feels that if such a thing were to happen it would be harmful to all concerned. He avers, "It would be unethical, illogical and harming the trade and the comeback of Madhuri Dixit."

When asked if the decision to release his film Dedh Ishqiya on the same day as Gulaab Gang would be a wise one, director Chaubey reverted with an SMS reply saying, "Definitely not wise but that's just my opinion. The decision to release on that day really rest with the producers."

At a public event earlier Madhuri had stated that it was the producer's call to arrive on the release date of the film and she had little to do with it.

We tried contacting Anubhav Sinha, the producer of Gulaab Gang to get his view on the same. After hearing our query he said he would get back to us. Twenty four hours later, we called him again. He SMSed to say, "Can't talk right now. In a meeting will revert as soon as I can."  

Let's hope better sense prevails and one of the film's producer changes his release date. Mehra is optimistic that one of them will.

Read more at:http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/do-you-want-to-see-two-madhuri-dixit-films-on-the-same-day/1/322735.html
Nearly 9 lakh hits for the DI trailer on youtube...inching towards 1 million views in less than a week of its release...can't wait for this movie...😊

Embedded image permalink
Edited by suzi_b - 10 years ago
7 Things We Learn About Dedh Ishqiya - Flickbay Blog - 

Dedh Ishqiya unlike its contemporaries started its campaign like the Hollywood big guns introducing character posters one by one in its trademark grungy brown template. It did grab the eye-balls, not that it didn't. But with its exclusive trailer out today, it just proved that no matter how western the approach was, it still has the vibrancy of Indian colors in it. And I'm glad it does have it.

Like Khalujaan's seven stages of love, the seven things we learn from the trailer are -

1. Khalujaan and Babbanmiya's Bromance

Unlike the previous movie where we saw our leads fighting for the same girl, we have two pretty ladies, one for each in this flick. So we can hope that the two handsome men would fight for each other than fight against each other.

2.    Bhencho** kahaanhai?

This trailer surprises us completely without a single Maa - Behn in it. It is an unstated fact by now that every Bhardwaj's movie trailer has to have a traditional Hindi gaali in it. But well, this is just the trailer. I'm dead sure he is going to compensate all the missing gaalis in the upcoming trailers.

3.      Ishkyuons and Dishkyuons

Though we are being bombarded with gunshots in every second love story today there is something promising about DedhIshqiya.  It looks more authentic and strangely likable compared to the other new wannabes.

4.     Yeh Manhooz Kaun hai?

Vijay Raaz turns out to be a peculiar casting to play the negative lead in a movie that is this intense. But Vijay Raaz, with his unconventional comic timing and dark comedies like Delhi Belly in his resume' somehow may pull the right strings on the screen and hold us for a treat.

5.     Smart Papa Smurf

Naseeruddin Shah with his all white hair and beard looks smarter in this flick. I'm hoping we should be expecting more makaamsand shayarisinthis flick. His looks promise us a man with wisdom lost in love. A disastrous combination.

6.     Ding Thak Ding Thuk...

Even today, Dilt oh Bachcha hai ji gives me shudders every time it is played. And the background score of Dedh Ishqiya borrows its base from its original. The tune is already running on my tongue. Don't be surprised if the first song of Dedh Ishqiya plays on your iPod on repeat mode.

7.       Agra ki Mohini

Though we don't get to see much of the most stunning looking actress in our industry in the last twenty years, with the glimpse we get in this trailer - she looks prettier than ever before. Madhuri Dixit Nene. Period.

- See more at: http://blog.flickbay.com/7-things-learn-dedh-ishqiya/#sthash.Y57s8mD9.dpuf
I wish GG gets postponed for Mads sake
Well I think GG producers will definitely try and avoid this clash. They have to do that, leaving each others egos aside.  My vote goes with postponing GG further.
Originally posted by suzi_b

Do you want to see two Madhuri Dixit films on the same day?

I think their major fight will be on "Which is the comeback film of MD?" That depends on which releases first. DI have already announced their release dates.