Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sanju_ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
it's obvious that any couple would feel little uncomfortable having to watch their partner romance somebody else onscreen, especially when the two have romanced each other as well onscreen!!! I don't think Jen was speaking for her husband (lol his co-star's fans would have made fun of Jen and bashed her to death if she was speaking for him too) and I don't even think he would feel uncomfortable romancing onscreen coz he is way too friendly person and makes close friends very easily, but as a husband, it makes sense that he would feel uncomfortable watching his wife romance somebody else and this Jenny also knows but even then she is such a thorough professional that she knows and respects her job so much and do her job so perfectly!!  
Jen and Gautam are perfectly cordial to each other and are rocking onscreen!!! and knowing both of their natures, I don't even expect them to be too friendly too each other because I think the definition of "comfort" varies from people to people...some may think if they are continuously staring at each other, holding hands, hugging in between the shots or offscreen, etc, etc equals to being comfortable whereas for others being able to give perfect shots in the other person's presence might be the definition of comfort!! so it's all about an individual's perception!! and I really admire the professionalism and respect Jen and Gautam hold!!
MistyDawn thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Sanju_

it's obvious that any couple would feel little uncomfortable having to watch their partner romance somebody else onscreen, especially when the two have romanced each other as well onscreen!!! I don't think Jen was speaking for her husband (lol his co-star's fans would have made fun of Jen and bashed her to death if she was speaking for him too) and I don't even think he would feel uncomfortable romancing onscreen coz he is way too friendly person and makes close friends very easily, but as a husband, it makes sense that he would feel uncomfortable watching his wife romance somebody else and this Jenny also knows but even then she is such a thorough professional that she knows and respects her job so much and do her job so perfectly!!  

Jen and Gautam are perfectly cordial to each other and are rocking onscreen!!! and knowing both of their natures, I don't even expect them to be too friendly too each other because I think the definition of "comfort" varies from people to people...some may think if they are continuously staring at each other, holding hands, hugging in between the shots or offscreen, etc, etc equals to being comfortable whereas for others being able to give perfect shots in the other person's presence might be the definition of comfort!! so it's all about an individual's perception!! and I really admire the professionalism and respect Jen and Gautam hold!!

@bold- now thats a perfect reply! :)) I wanted to say this since forever.. When I had watched the first intimate scene of Saras and Kumud , the scene where he touches her waist, I was quite pleasantly surprised by the conviction of both the actors in that scene.. There was a lot of raw passion and intimacy in that scene..the way he touched her waist was bold ...yet they went ahead with that scene.. that shows not only the professional commitment of the two actors, but also the comfort they had to do that scene.. They both share the responsibility of making each other comfortable when they do such scenes..hats off to them for that.. same goes for the hug scene too..It was close, intimate and long shot without any body doubles..and now the recent ataa scene ..full credit to the actors for pulling off such intimate scenes so well.. 
Edited by vaishali-AR - 10 years ago
mandygill thumbnail

Originally posted by: vaishali-AR

I think its the reporter who asked the question about intimate scenes and kissing onscreen and she gave a very honest reply..''We know its our job but it still feels somewhat uncomfortable''..can it get any more honest than that? I think GR was also asked about kissing by the same reporter..  I remember in IPK , Barun and Sanaya had a crackling chemistry both on and offscreen..Yet when Sanaya was asked about the famous payal scene, she said that she had told Barun that they should try and get it right in one take because its kinda awkward.. and this was Sanaya who shared a brilliant rapport with Barun offscreen.. so yeah they all are humans at the end of the day..and when some1 is married or committed , it becomes little more harder I guess.. But we as audience are never able to sense that onscreen..shows how good they are at their job..

👏! u spoke my mind!
Sanju_ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: vaishali-AR

IF is mostly full of teenage girls so their definition of comfort can be quite dangerous😆 but even if I may not be that experienced and quite young if I can say it to myself, it could be the environment I have grown up and the culture/tradition I believe in myself, I don't have such definition of comfort, that is to say two people showing physical closeness in any form is necessary to "create" comfort between them...if you know your job, if you respect your job enough and if you respect the person you are working with, that should be enough to create the comfort required!! and like you said, without the comfort between the actors, all these scenes you mentioned would have never come out the way they did!!! that kamar touching scene was so passionate that the producer totally unrelated to SC also commented...some other actors also praised JenAm's onscreen chemistry and I haven't seen this happening with any other couples recently!!!! so that in itself speaks volume about Jen and Gautam as artists and persons as well.