CC:Why didn't Mohit Sehgal bag the lead role

kunuarshi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

Chhanchhan: Why didn't Mohit Sehgal bag the lead role opposite Sanaya Irani?

Rumours floating about in the TV industry suggested that Mohit Sehgal was among the 50 actors auditioning for the lead role inChhanchhan – and we really thought that he would grab it. Alas!

When Vipul Shah began casting for his television series Chhanchhan, Sanaya Irani was his first choice as leading lady, followed by the dogs in the show and then rest of the cast. The male lead was the last to be picked.

If rumours are to be believed, several actors including Mohit Sehgal (Sanaya's co-star and current boyfriend), Barun Sobti, Arjun Bijlani, Saurabh Pandey and Varun Kapoor were considered to play the male lead. We believed that the makers were planning to select Mohit Sehgal for the role, but producerVipul Shah had other ideas. He explains, "If I select Mohit or Barun for the role opposite Sanaya, there's nothing new that I'm offering the audience. People have already seen their chemistry, so there's nothing fresh there. Hence I decided to go with someone she's never worked with before." So why was Farhan Khan the right choice for the role? "See, whenever you cast someone new, they tend to surrender themselves completely to you. Farhan is absolutely fresh in this industry, so he became the perfect choice," Vipul explained.

Was Sanaya upset with that decision? "Mohit was one among 50 people who were called for this role. So it was like any other audition for him. Four of my other friends also auditioned for the role and didn't get it. It's just work," clarified Ms Irani.

Although we are disappointed that Sanaya and Mohit won't be seen together in Chhanchhan, we are hopeful that Farhan will not let us down. Right?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

khanrocks thumbnail
give it a rest for godsake fk the lead get over it and vipal right as much we love moit they wont offer the audeince somthing new
Edited by khanrocks - 10 years ago
monaya_sajan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Ya ryt n bt bringing farhan khan as manav, who cnt e1 speak 1 sentence widout blinking his eyes, did vipul shah get all d freshness dat he wanted? Audience wnt mind seeing d same couple as long as dey love dem! And seeing monaya work together would have been absolute bliss, though we wudnt mind sarun too, bt dats nt possible coz of barun's movies den y nt 1 grp of sanaya's fan(monaya fans) be happy?Edited by monaya_sajan - 10 years ago
khanrocks thumbnail
all this is pointless now fk improving 
monaya_sajan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: khanrocks

all this is pointless now fk improving

Bt dat microscopic improvement isnt enuf wen working wid THE SANAYA IRANI!
I mean e1 mohit was a newcomer wen he started wid mjht opp san! Bt he did a great job! M sure farhan's family must b helping vipul shah financially! Else der wud b no reasn y he doesnt want to change fk wen every other persn n channel wants him replaced!Edited by monaya_sajan - 10 years ago