Pakistani Serials

Plastic Surgery Disasters!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

BlackStar.

IF-Rockerz

BlackStar.

Posted: 15 May 2013 at 10:33am | IP Logged
If any of you are wondering, I'm pretty sure the model being talked about here is Ayyan. This is the article link. If you read the comments section, Aamina Sheikh and Mahnoor Baloch reply to it. Mahnoor mentions her nose job and talks about other actresses too, Sarwat Gillani, Shaista and more.

You know a model has had one nip/tuck too many when'

While waiting for Catwalk to send me official pictures of Sanam Chaudhri and Maheen Karim's official Bonanza launch (which was originally my blog post), I got sidetracked and decided to blog about fashion models instead.

Long limbed Amna Ilyas has the attitude, the tone and the poise of a fashion model, without the nips and tucks.  Photo: Faisal Farooqui

Everyone has a personal top ten model list and most designers prefer to work with their muses but I've been talking to photographers recently. And they aren't too happy with what's happening. What's happening, people, is way too much plastic surgery! A model with glorious dimples actually got them grafted when she was 16. Another one changed her jawline to look more angular. It now looks more angular than a Maltese cross. Back in the day you knew a model had gone under the knife when she used the words Appendix and Accident. (Yeah and half the time we thought Abortion!) But now it's almost certain that everyone has had one nip or tuck too many. I won't name anyone who has but I will name Amna Ilyas and Aamina Shekh as two models who apparently haven't had any work done on their faces. Photographers and makeup artists love working with them.

Aamina Sheikh, our dusky beauty, is a natural born thriller. Photo: Maram Aabroo

We keep complaining about how much Photoshop is done on pictures but any hard working photographer will tell you that these models looks scary without it! What they do (as a virgin procedure) is get a nose job, which involves breaking down the bridge of the nose. Then they get implants in their cheeks for a higher cheekbone. The result, under harsh camera light, is a horizontal depression in the structure of the face. It's caused by the high cheekbones dipping into a lack of nose. Has to be evened out in Photoshop!

Other favourite procedures are lip plumps. From something as commonplace as a collagen injection to something as complicated as fat taken from the buttocks for the lips (which gives 'kiss my ass' an altogether new meaning!) , our models like their lips looking bee-stung and pouty. And I hate to point fingers but if you've noticed, one of our top models can't even close her mouth anymore. I'll call this perpetually wet-lip-pout the Megan Fox syndrome.

You know your favourite model's had a tad bit too much work done when'

1. She looks nothing like she did in January 2013

2. Corporations start refusing to sign her, saying they don't know what she'll look like after summer.

3. Her pictures need more and more Photoshop even though she just turned 19.

4. Her limbs look thin but her fingers and toes are still podgy. Instant giveaway of body sculpting.

5. She prefers to work with only one or two makeup artists who know how fragile her skin is after repeated thermage, skin resurfacing, chemical peels etc. I've been told that there's one model who has to protect her face with a plastic bag every time she puts clothes on or takes them off. Her skin, after so much work, has become so delicate that it starts peeling off even if scratched!

6. She says she lost the bridge of her nose in an accident (what'boxing?)

7. She has an 'accident' every few months (which explains her eye patches and bandages).

Ultimately you know your favourite model is more of a Frankenstein when she starts looking like Denise Richards or Joan Rivers. Or Michael Jackson, may his soul rest in peace.

Edited by BlackStar. - 15 May 2013 at 11:13am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

canuck-umzCup-Of-Chai

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Plastic Surgery Disasters!" in Pakistani Serials forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

starstruckk

IF-Rockerz

starstruckk

Posted: 15 May 2013 at 11:33am | IP Logged
Mahnoor seems bitter in her post. I don't see why she had to bring up other people who got surgeries done as it really didn't prove anything, but perhaps made her feel somewhat better about herself posting. LOL By the way, she just hasn't gotten a nose job, but a lot of other things as well and I found it hilarious how instead of focusing on HER surgeries she's dragging other people in and commenting on their procedures. Oh, Mahnoor..LOL

Loved Aamina Sheikh's reply...I personally think modeling is not about beauty but attitude and feeling comfortable in whatever you carry. Iraj is a supermodel and models till this date and she's been modeling for ages. She's average at best with her looks, yet she knows how to deal with the camera and that's why photographers and fashion designers still deal with her till this day. Aamina comes across as very confident and comfortable with whoever she is and it simply translates into her shoots.

With that said, modeling is still a very, very superficial world and no matter what these models say or do, nothing can ever change that. Someone even mentioned this in one of their posts below the article, and I'll just mention it here too. Fariha Altaf made a young girl get BOTOX on that Veet Supermodel show this season because she had a few wrinkles on her face (don't we ALL?). I was baffled to say the very least. There were girls who came across as thin as a stick yet she and Nabila claimed some of the girls were on the heavy side Wacko. What else do you expect from girls when in such an industry, the leading folks require you to be so superficial. Lets not even mention the amount of photoshop and editing that goes into these photos which make girls feel bad about their weight, their nose, their skin, eyes etc when in reality the models have just gotten their noses, eyes, chins etc are  photoshopped and not real. You're so absorbed into the world of fake-ness that it probably just transitions into your life off the cameras too..and then there's just some people who are strong enough to know it's just a career and nothing else. 

So, while it's nice to know and see that you don't have to be the best looking person around to make it into showbiz or in this case, modeling..that doesn't change the fact that the fashioning world is far from being your true self. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

BlackStar.canuck-umz

BlackStar.

IF-Rockerz

BlackStar.

Posted: 15 May 2013 at 11:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by starstruckk

Mahnoor seems bitter in her post. I don't see why she had to bring up other people who got surgeries done as it really didn't prove anything, but perhaps made her feel somewhat better about herself posting. LOL By the way, she just hasn't gotten a nose job, but a lot of other things as well and I found it hilarious how instead of focusing on HER surgeries she's dragging other people in and commenting on their procedures. Oh, Mahnoor..LOL

Loved Aamina Sheikh's reply...I personally think modeling is not about beauty but attitude and feeling comfortable in whatever you carry. Iraj is a supermodel and models till this date and she's been modeling for ages. She's average at best with her looks, yet she knows how to deal with the camera and that's why photographers and fashion designers still deal with her till this day. Aamina comes across as very confident and comfortable with whoever she is and it simply translates into her shoots.

With that said, modeling is still a very, very superficial world and no matter what these models say or do, nothing can ever change that. Someone even mentioned this in one of their posts below the article, and I'll just mention it here too. Fariha Altaf made a young girl get BOTOX on that Veet Supermodel show this season because she had a few wrinkles on her face (don't we ALL?). I was baffled to say the very least. There were girls who came across as thin as a stick yet she and Nabila claimed some of the girls were on the heavy side Wacko. What else do you expect from girls when in such an industry, the leading folks require you to be so superficial. Lets not even mention the amount of photoshop and editing that goes into these photos which make girls feel bad about their weight, their nose, their skin, eyes etc when in reality the models have just gotten their noses, eyes, chins etc are  photoshopped and not real. You're so absorbed into the world of fake-ness that it probably just transitions into your life off the cameras too..and then there's just some people who are strong enough to know it's just a career and nothing else. 

So, while it's nice to know and see that you don't have to be the best looking person around to make it into showbiz or in this case, modeling..that doesn't change the fact that the fashioning world is far from being your true self. 

It was weird and immature of her to bring up Shaista or Sarwat and then comment on how Shaista looks so bad and more... she actually didn't mention much about the topic, commenting on the superficial world of modelling barring how her nose job didn't go well.
Aamina is very confident as a model. Iraj and Amna Ilyas too. I would never judge someone on the basis of their colour, but if you notice these three models are all dark skinned but are so confident and comfortable in all their appearances. It's great to have that instead of being told that you have to be white skinned to be famous and make it big. Their confidence translates well onscreen and it'll help them go a long way.

And oh my, I hated that Veet show so much. Why would you let Tapu Javeri look you and up and down and tell you if you qualify or not, or let them judge you on the basis of your weight, colour or appearance? When Frieha made those girls get botox and cheek fillers they all ended up looking worse instead of better.

I remember last year when Paper Magazine made a whole article on how much they Photoshop people in Pakistan. Mahirah is photoshopped so much sometimes, especially her nose. She ends up looking artificial.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

canuck-umz

canuck-umz

IF-Rockerz

canuck-umz

Posted: 15 May 2013 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
Actress Yamina Peerzada also commented at the very bottom.

God that Veet show was shocking! At least it gave us a glimpse into the modelling world and what it takes to survive. I have seen at least 3 girls from that show doing ramp walks now, good for them. Of course the criteria part was surprising even though we already know that this is how everything works in that business. Seriously, while watching them judging these skinny girls, I felt somewhat fat for once, and I weigh less than 50 kg!! They let that chubby girl through the first round but then told her to lose weight, I was scared thinking about what this girl would go through to achieve that ideal weight. Then there was that botox round. Most of these girls were between the ages of 17-20, I swear I saw no wrinkle in sight but even still why? If you don't want their natural smile lines or whatever showing then there is photoshop for fixing minor details and honestly, I think photoshop is a great tool for the little things like a giant pimple or something.

I love Amina Sheikh and I think maybe someone like her should take up this cause on a grander scale. Why not campaign against it? She is a respected celebrity, the audience loves her too. Rather then one-on-one why not go out to schools and other places or have panel discussions on the issue? She and some other actresses do have that kind of power to raise awareness.

Wow at Mahnoor, she just sounded bitter, like Starry said she should have focused on her other surgeries. Lol at admitting to only one. Sarwat looks great now (yes she got surgeries, I think that was obvious) why the jealousy? Yes the morning show hosts are a bad influence, we know that they got work done, too obvious so why name names? She should know better.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

BlackStar.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top