Summer's Desire - Freaking AMAZING!!!

kshows_fangirl thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
WOW!! Just WOW!!!! This is the BEST Asian Show I have watched. All the K-shows romances I was so crazy about dulls in comparison to this. It is everything I imagine to be when I am reading a Young/Mature Adult novel full of passion, possession, obsession, and intense angst!! I rarely come across a show that has such intense angst and such raw twisted passion. This show was twisted, dangerous mind games and some may say the characters were mentally unstable, but that was just what was so amazing about it!!!! If anyone read Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire, this is one show that resembles all those elements that the novel had, and I always wanted to see the author's novel into a movie. But this show came damn close to it!! 10/10********

Synopsis:-
Xia Mo(Barbie) and Luo Xi(Huang Xiao) were both orphans adopted by the same family. Their closeness made Ou Chen(Peter Ho), Xia Mo's rich boyfriend, increasingly jealous. He forced their separation by sending Luo Xi to study abroad. However, his overbearing behavior only pushed Xia Mo to breakup with him. Heartbroken, he got into a car accident and lost his memory. Five years later, Luo Xi returns as a super star. He reunites with Xia Mo and helps her succeed in the show biz. Just when their relationship seems rosy, it begins to crumple as Ou Chen regains his memory and does everything he can to get Xia Mo back!

This is the only show, I was unsure that who the girl is finally gonna end up with!My reactions towards this show at every stage was like What?! NO!!!! Did that just happen!! Nah, can't be but, WTH?! That were basically my reactions towards this show. I could never guess what was about to happen next! I know half of the viewers were happy that she ended up with () and half weren't. But, I was very happy! Even though Ou Chen's love for Xia Mao bordered towards overbearing possessiveness, but at the same time Ou Chen was a lot more mature than Luo Xi. And, if one see carefully I felt Xia Mao was more vulnerable towards Ou Chen. A girl like Xia Mao that is cold-hearted that u can't read her emotions, she opened her mask of indifference to Ou Chen a lot more than Luo Xi. And, let's face it Luo Xi had abandonment issues, and just when everything was going smoothly in his relationship with Xia Mo, it was his own insecurities that led to the downfall of his relationship with Xia Mao. Agree that in the past (5yrs ago)it was Ou Chen's overbearing possessiveness that doomed his relationship with Xia Mao to shreds, but in the present it was Luo Xi's own stupidity and abandonment so deep ingrained in his soul that he just can't trust that anyone is going to stay with him by his side forever. This show was one complicated entanglement fated mess. FATE played a huge role, but I am glad that Xia Mao ended up w/ (watch n find out), b/c he loved HER ONLY during his entire existence as a human being. He is the kind of a guy who would bare his soul and heart for a girl, doesn't matter that it will lead to his own destruction. In the end, he realized best it was to let Xia Mao go, as they say if she comes back to u, that is TRUE LOVE, MEANT TO BE FOREVER! That's what I loved about him, he was crazier that Gun Jun Pyo(BOF)!!!!!!!

Edited by nikita59 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweetsorrow18 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
if you're giving away the ending make sure you put *spoiler* or something of that sort somewhere...I'm glad i stopped reading your review at the spot where you said who she ended up with :P

I've heard mixed things about this one, hence not watching it...hm maybe i shall put it on my list.
Edited by sweetsorrow18 - 10 years ago
kshows_fangirl thumbnail
Originally posted by: sweetsorrow18

if you're giving away the ending make sure you put *spoiler* or something of that sort somewhere...I'm glad i stopped reading your review at the spot where you said who she ended up with :P

sorry...lol..in my excitement..I totally forgot, better yet I will just remove it...:)

Done! thanks!

I came across this show by pure coincidence, and anyone who said that this show is not good. I really don't  know what to say to them.You may have heard mixed reviews because people hated, if she didn't end up with the guys they wanted to..u know fan following and all..I wanted something raw and intense bordered on possessiveness and I got it with this one! Do watch!
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thank you for introducing me to this drama. Just finished watching it.
And WOW, this one's really good. Really different.
The passion, intensity & possessiveness in this drama is on a different level. Very well-written characters & story.
Loved this show :)

Do you know of more dramas along these lines?
kshows_fangirl thumbnail
Originally posted by: prc_fan1

Thank you for introducing me to this drama. Just finished watching it.

And WOW, this one's really good. Really different.
The passion, intensity & possessiveness in this drama is on a different level. Very well-written characters & story.
Loved this show :)

Do you know of more dramas along these lines?

I know right!! That is what attracted me to it! B/c one rarely finds such intense passion, possessiveness in the characters! Each actor looked like they were made for their roles! All the leads were so HOT and beautiful!😳 Were u satisfied with the ending? I was, but just would like to hear from u? Ou Chen deserved her in the end! She had intense chemistry with both the leads, but the other actor who  played the role of a famous celebrity had too many vulnerabilities, and insecurities within himself that their relationship would have only lasted short term!😊

Umm..yeah there are a few other Taiwanese shows that I like and were sort of similar..

Devil Beside You (really famous one w/Mike He), Mars (The same lead actress Barbie is in here too)! I hope u watch Korean shows, b/c the leads in the Korean shows are known for their jealousy and possessiveness (they are very direct) once they confess their love...πŸ˜†

After looking at ur DP since u are an MB fan...I would have wished MB to be along the lines of this drama, and I would have been satisfied if MB finished in 16 episdoesπŸ˜†
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Originally posted by: kshows_fangirl

I know right!! That is what attracted me to it! B/c one rarely finds such intense passion, possessiveness in the characters! Each actor looked like they were made for their roles! All the leads were so HOT and beautiful!😳 Were u satisfied with the ending? I was, but just would like to hear from u? Ou Chen deserved her in the end! She had intense chemistry with both the leads, but the other actor who  played the role of a famous celebrity had too many vulnerabilities, and insecurities within himself that their relationship would have only lasted short term!😊

Umm..yeah there are a few other Taiwanese shows that I like and were sort of similar..

Devil Beside You (really famous one w/Mike He), Mars (The same lead actress Barbie is in here too)! I hope u watch Korean shows, b/c the leads in the Korean shows are known for their jealousy and possessiveness (they are very direct) once they confess their love...πŸ˜†

After looking at ur DP since u are an MB fan...I would have wished MB to be along the lines of this drama, and I would have been satisfied if MB finished in 16 episdoesπŸ˜†

Sorry for the late reply. 

To me, the ending was satisfactory because it gave a good conclusion to all the characters & the general story. However, what made it unsatisfactory was that I felt like it wasn't consistent with the storyline. 
Both Ou Chen & Luo Xi, in my opinion, deserved Xia Mo. If Luo Xi could not trust Xia Mo, then there was a time when Ou Chen didn't trust her too. If Ou Chen was possessive, Luo Xi was possessive too. The writers really balanced both characters out to show how both were 'dangerous' for her. So, the whole idea of her ending up with either 1 of them was something I honestly did not expect.
Also, I felt like Xia Mo really did love Luo Xi. Her 'love' for Ou Chen, in my opinion, was more like she was touched by his love because he was there for her when Luo Xi left her. But if you think about it, Ou Chen did have a hand in that because he lied to Luo Xi. I know that Luo Xi could have trusted her but still..
I think that the ending would have been more justified if the whole marriage etc. was not rushed. The last few episodes were a little bad because I felt like both Ou Chen & Luo Xi changed overnight. Ou Chen overnight was willing to leave her, and Luo Xi suddenly became a good friend & gave up on her. Given that they were introduced as such strong, dominant personalities, I would have liked if that change was a little subtle, like the rest of the episodes.

Coming to the dramas you mentioned, I have watched both & I love them. Mike-Rainie have been one of my fav T-couples. Vic-Barbie are cute too. I absolutely loved DBY & Mars :)
But I don't think they are anywhere similar to Summer's Desire.

And yes, I used to be a Madhubala fan. Stopped watching the show about a month ago, because it turned into a typical daily soap. When it first started, all the way to the revenge track I really enjoyed MB. It was unique & their love story & the show delivered what had been promised to us. The whole entry of Sultan just ruined everything. Currently only watching 1 hindi show- Jaan. It's good so far :)
kshows_fangirl thumbnail
I agree with ur analysis! Yes, and I agree that the writers did balance out their characters really well...and the last few episodes were definitely rushed. But, I guess she could only end up w/ one..πŸ˜†

Yeah I stopped watching MB since RK humiliated again by saying that the marriage was just a revenge! Yeah, I guess Summer Desire is a very different show and there aren't many shows like that..but DBY and Mars, were just those shows that were really good and I wasn't disappointed. You should also watch The Autumn's Concerto! It is the second best romantic, heart warming, and melodrama I have watched! It is very hugely popular and recommended by many T show! πŸ˜ƒ
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Originally posted by: kshows_fangirl

I agree with ur analysis! Yes, and I agree that the writers did balance out their characters really well...and the last few episodes were definitely rushed. But, I guess she could only end up w/ one..πŸ˜†

Yeah I stopped watching MB since RK humiliated again by saying that the marriage was just a revenge! Yeah, I guess Summer Desire is a very different show and there aren't many shows like that..but DBY and Mars, were just those shows that were really good and I wasn't disappointed. You should also watch The Autumn's Concerto! It is the second best romantic, heart warming, and melodrama I have watched! It is very hugely popular and recommended by many T show! πŸ˜ƒ

OMG, I freaking love Autumn's Concerto. My fav T-drama! Vanness-Ady are like my fav couple. And Xiao Le.. together with the 2 of them. So freaking PERFECT!!!