Book Talk

Recommendations? (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 12

-Infinity-

-Infinity-

Posted: 10 July 2013 at 3:37am | IP Logged
You could read Fault in our stars by john green and The language inside they are great books and you can love it with a sip of coffee in this monsoon. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LoveToLaugh-Aliya-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Recommendations? (Page 6)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Aliya-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Aliya-

Posted: 15 July 2013 at 11:10am | IP Logged
i wanted to ask if anyone had read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time?

its not a recommendation from me, i'm asking if anyone has read it and would deem it good enough to be recommended?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

theloupgaroux

theloupgaroux

IF-Rockerz

theloupgaroux

Posted: 15 July 2013 at 11:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Aliya-

i wanted to ask if anyone had read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time?

its not a recommendation from me, i'm asking if anyone has read it and would deem it good enough to be recommended?

Hey Aliya! :) Um, the novel is pretty good and gets you inside Christopher's head, giving Christopher's internal response to the world an external manifestation. That world which is often a surreal and scary place, but oddly beautiful and bizarre too. I'll never look at a Battensberg in the same way again. And amazingly I got to see the stage version of it too which was even more awesome.  I think it's good enough to be given a chance. Go ahead, read it. Embarrassed

-Aliya-

-Aliya-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Aliya-

Posted: 15 July 2013 at 11:28am | IP Logged
it sounds interesting...in class we got given the novel opening and we had no idea where the extracts were from until our teacher told us. So i got curious and that usually leads me to reading the book to find out about the hype LOL i think i'll give it a go since you say its worth the read. i'll let you know my views on it once i finish it or start it :P

theloupgaroux

theloupgaroux

IF-Rockerz

theloupgaroux

Posted: 15 July 2013 at 11:32am | IP Logged

it sounds interesting...in class we got given the novel opening and we had no idea where the extracts were from until our teacher told us. So i got curious and that usually leads me to reading the book to find out about the hype LOL i think i'll give it a go since you say its worth the read. i'll let you know my views on it once i finish it or start it :P

I'm sure you'll like it. The protagonist Christopher is pretty intriguing. Embarrassed 

P.S- Make sure to discuss it here when you finish reading it. LOL

-Aliya-

-Aliya-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Aliya-

Posted: 15 July 2013 at 11:34am | IP Logged
i tried reading The Silver Linings Playbook because i have to read the book before watching the film but i can't seem to get into it. it hasn't got me hooked, its more like i am reading it for the sake of finding out if it gets better and it has disappointed me really

cs-07

theloupgaroux

IF-Rockerz

theloupgaroux

Posted: 15 July 2013 at 11:38am | IP Logged

i tried reading The Silver Linings Playbook because i have to read the book before watching the film but i can't seem to get into it. it hasn't got me hooked, its more like i am reading it for the sake of finding out if it gets better and it has disappointed me really

Haha! I saw the movie only. Jennifer Lawrence <3 Chuck the book then, see the film. LOL

-Aliya-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Aliya-

Posted: 15 July 2013 at 11:39am | IP Logged
LOL for once maybe a film will be better than the book

theloupgaroux

Post Reply New Post

Go to top