Page 2 of 12

Page 1
Page   of 12
Page 3 Page 12

LoveToLaugh

LoveToLaugh

BollyCurry Production Intern

Posted: 14 May 2013 at 12:17am | IP Logged
i had nothing against the first two books of twilight i read them when i was 13 years old .. and it was really fine for me .. and now i like RPatz too much to say anything bad abt it .. but those who read the fourth bok while they were adult .. i can sympathisize with them .. it was gross ..lolz anywayi had nothing against the first two books of twilight i read them when i was 13 years old .. and it was really fine for me .. and now i like RPatz too much to say anything bad abt it .. but those who read the fourth bok while they were adult .. i can sympathisize with them .. it was gross ..lolz anyway
[/P]

so the kind of romance u r asking can be by maya banks or christine feehan .. i suppose u shd google these two names and see on amaStzon their book list .. u l be hooked

i have another book u can go for .. its god of small things by arundhati roy ...its beautiful .

I started reading Twilight when I was 15. And I guess I must have enjoyed it at some level because otherwise I would not even have attempted to read the other parts. Haan Breaking Dawn toh was downright terrible! I couldn't even finish it. And that too after skipping major chunks of Bella's POV!

Achha toh I have never heard of either Maya Banks or Christine Feehan. Googling them right away! Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aishwaryagayen

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Recommendations? (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Aliya-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Aliya-

Posted: 14 May 2013 at 2:25pm | IP Logged
i agree that the a thousand splendid suns is a fantastic read! but i wouldn't say its a cosy read. it definitely caused me to cry like a baby and feel some deep emotions but it certainly is a good book

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LoveToLaughCup-Of-Chai

mehak_kapoor

IF-Sizzlerz

mehak_kapoor

Posted: 15 May 2013 at 11:49am | IP Logged
Try reading A Place Called Here by Cecilia Aherns. It is what u can describe as a cosy non-romantic book.

LoveToLaugh

LoveToLaugh

LoveToLaugh

Posted: 15 May 2013 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Aliya-

i agree that the a thousand splendid suns is a fantastic read! but i wouldn't say its a cosy read. it definitely caused me to cry like a baby and feel some deep emotions but it certainly is a good book

Any book that can make you connect like that is obviously a very good book. Right, so I am going to start with this.
Thanks! Wink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aliya-Cup-Of-Chai

LoveToLaugh

LoveToLaugh

Posted: 15 May 2013 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mehak_kapoor

Try reading A Place Called Here by Cecilia Aherns. It is what u can describe as a cosy non-romantic book.

Is it the one where the protagonist is obsessed with finding lost objects? No? I think I vaguely remember a friend mentioning it once. Or maybe I am just confusing stuff.

Anyhow, thanks for the recommendation! Wink

Cup-Of-Chai

IF-Stunnerz

Cup-Of-Chai

Posted: 15 May 2013 at 3:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by LoveToLaugh

Originally posted by Cup-Of-Chai

Read A Thousand Splendid suns by Khaled Hoseini AMAZING BOOK.

Also you can try The Mortal Instruments series if you are into Fantasy books.

Other than that Jodi Picoult's books are nice too.

Hey!
Interesting username you've got there!Smile

Thank you for the suggestions. A thousand splendid suns, another book I have been wanting to read for a long time.

Thanks! LOL no problem!
And i am glad you will love that book so much. I certainly did. and you will cry your eyes too. Amazing book!

Edited by Cup-Of-Chai - 15 May 2013 at 3:49pm

-Dee-

IF-Dazzler

-Dee-

Posted: 18 May 2013 at 5:50am | IP Logged
I'm looking forward to Khaled Hosseni's 'Then the mountain echoes' which releases this quarter. And he is one of my favourite authors. Also I'm reading 'The Immortals Of Meluha' I think the name is enough :)

LoveToLaugh

LoveToLaugh

LoveToLaugh

Posted: 18 May 2013 at 7:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Dee-

I'm looking forward to Khaled Hosseni's 'Then the mountain echoes' which releases this quarter. And he is one of my favourite authors. Also I'm reading 'The Immortals Of Meluha' I think the name is enough :)

Oh, I have heard of it. It's like all over flipkart, you know? LOL

I really enjoyed "Immortals of Meluha" I'd LOVE a discussion on the book. It's a pretty interesting take on a mythological character. The third book in the series, "Oath of the Vayuputras" is a HUGE disappointment, though.

P.S. How were your exams? They are over, right? Now update Wilted soon! Wink

Post Reply New Post

Go to top