Book Talk

Recommendations? (Page 11)

Post Reply New Post

Page 11 of 12

cs-07

IF-Dazzler

cs-07

Posted: 18 October 2013 at 8:11am | IP Logged
Someone here also suggested,  change of heart by Jodi picoult, thanks for that. I loved it and I finished it this morning. Havegoosebumps

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Recommendations? (Page 11)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

zephyr29

IF-Rockerz

zephyr29

Posted: 20 October 2013 at 4:45am | IP Logged
After all the glowing reviews and recommendations I finally decided to take a look at The Fault In Our Stars and it was so totally worth it! 

Thanks, everyone for the suggestion. Its a beautiful book which I feel everyone can and should definitely read. I didn't cry but it was a deeply moving book which also makes you think long after it is over.

Even though the movie is coming out next year I would recommend everyone to read the book first, even the non-readers.

Edited by zephyr29 - 20 October 2013 at 4:44am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

xbeyondwordsx

cs-07

IF-Dazzler

cs-07

Posted: 20 October 2013 at 9:38am | IP Logged
It is being made into a movie :o

zephyr29

IF-Rockerz

zephyr29

Posted: 20 October 2013 at 9:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by cs-07

It is being made into a movie :o

Yeah, starring Shailene Woodley as Hazel Grace and Ansel Elgort as Augustus. They just finished filming a few days ago according to John Green's tweets.

Edited by zephyr29 - 20 October 2013 at 9:51am

-Aliya-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Aliya-

Posted: 21 October 2013 at 10:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by cs-07

Omg its b borderline horror. Dean Kuntz would seem a joke in front of this book

LOL Well I bought The Shining to read because the sequel has came out just recently. But I haven't had the chance to read it because I've been assigned books to read for my English class :(

xbeyondwordsx

IF-Dazzler

xbeyondwordsx

Well-Bred CC Captain , FF Graphicer

Posted: 21 October 2013 at 1:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zephyr29

After all the glowing reviews and recommendations I finally decided to take a look at The Fault In Our Stars and it was so totally worth it! 

Thanks, everyone for the suggestion. Its a beautiful book which I feel everyone can and should definitely read. I didn't cry but it was a deeply moving book which also makes you think long after it is over.

Even though the movie is coming out next year I would recommend everyone to read the book first, even the non-readers.

What is it about? 

xbeyondwordsx

IF-Dazzler

xbeyondwordsx

Well-Bred CC Captain , FF Graphicer

Posted: 21 October 2013 at 1:35pm | IP Logged
Can someone recommend some chick lit books? Please? 

zephyr29

IF-Rockerz

zephyr29

Posted: 22 October 2013 at 7:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by xbeyondwordsx

Originally posted by zephyr29

What is it about? 

Its a love story between 2 teenagers suffering from Cancer but more its a lot about the way they see life and their time on earth and what exactly those suffering from the illness go through. The best part of the book is its extremely humourous and basically they talk about their views on life and their condition with a lot of humour. Its very relatable with a lot of worthy quotes on life, love and mortality.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

xbeyondwordsx-Aliya-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top