Page 1 of 12

Page 1
Page   of 12
Page 2 Page 12

LoveToLaugh

LoveToLaugh

BollyCurry Production Intern

Posted: 12 May 2013 at 2:10am | IP Logged

My exams get over in a few days and there is nothing that I am looking forward to more than immersing myself in a nice, cosy little book. Some recommendations, please? Anything other than commercial fare! Definitely no icky, cheesy romance!

Thank you. Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-MissBoiiVamp-epiphany.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Recommendations?" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

aishwaryagayen

IF-Rockerz

aishwaryagayen

Posted: 12 May 2013 at 11:00am | IP Logged

u need nice cosy and little .. but not romance .. can u be a little more appropriate at what u want // mystery  nonfic ... paranormal .. coz nice and cozy with no romance .. is kind of tricky ... 

maybe u can go for kiran bedis i dare .. autobiography .. or the alchemist by paolo coelho .. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LoveToLaugh

Cup-Of-Chai

IF-Stunnerz

Cup-Of-Chai

Posted: 12 May 2013 at 11:14am | IP Logged
Read A Thousand Splendid suns by Khaled Hoseini AMAZING BOOK.

Also you can try The Mortal Instruments series if you are into Fantasy books.

Other than that Jodi Picoult's books are nice too.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

LoveToLaughxbeyondwordsx-Aliya-

aishwaryagayen

IF-Rockerz

aishwaryagayen

Posted: 12 May 2013 at 11:23am | IP Logged

if u can read a thousand splendid suns the u l also love kite runner too by the same author .. mesmerizing

@cup of chai //// huh its been long i read those books ... thns fr reminding i l go search my shelf to re read 

Edited by aishwaryagayen - 12 May 2013 at 11:23am

LoveToLaugh

Cup-Of-Chai

IF-Stunnerz

Cup-Of-Chai

Posted: 12 May 2013 at 11:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aishwaryagayen

if u can read a thousand splendid suns the u l also love kite runner too by the same author .. mesmerizing

@cup of chai //// huh its been long i read those books ... thns fr reminding i l go search my shelf to re read

yeah those books are amazing! I love Khaled Hosseini. Both books are so sad.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

LoveToLaughjemiiaishwaryagayen

LoveToLaugh

LoveToLaugh

Posted: 13 May 2013 at 3:55pm | IP Logged

u need nice cosy and little .. but not romance .. can u be a little more appropriate at what u want // mystery  nonfic ... paranormal .. coz nice and cozy with no romance .. is kind of tricky ... 

maybe u can go for kiran bedis i dare .. autobiography .. or the alchemist by paolo coelho .. 

Hey Aishwarya!

Oh I wasn't really trying to implying anything with that sentence. Smile
And I am not opposed to romance at all; just not the Twilight kind, you know? LOL
No offence to Twilight fans, it's just not my type.  Approve

Thank you for the suggestions, btw! I have been wanting to read Alchemist for a long time now. Smile

LoveToLaugh

LoveToLaugh

Posted: 13 May 2013 at 4:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Cup-Of-Chai

Read A Thousand Splendid suns by Khaled Hoseini AMAZING BOOK.

Also you can try The Mortal Instruments series if you are into Fantasy books.

Other than that Jodi Picoult's books are nice too.

Hey!
Interesting username you've got there! Smile

Thank you for the suggestions. A thousand splendid suns, another book I have been wanting to read for a long time. 

Edited by LoveToLaugh - 13 May 2013 at 4:02pm

Cup-Of-Chai

aishwaryagayen

IF-Rockerz

aishwaryagayen

Posted: 13 May 2013 at 11:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by LoveToLaugh

Hey Aishwarya!

Oh I wasn't really trying to implying anything with that sentence. Smile
And I am not opposed to romance at all; just not the Twilight kind, you know? LOL
No offence to Twilight fans, it's just not my type.  Approve

Thank you for the suggestions, btw! I have been wanting to read Alchemist for a long time now. Smile

i had nothing against the first two books of twilight i read them when i was 13 years old .. and it was really fine for me .. and now i like RPatz too much to say anything bad abt it .. but those who read the fourth bok while they were adult .. i can sympathisize with them .. it was gross ..lolz anyway i had nothing against the first two books of twilight i read them when i was 13 years old .. and it was really fine for me .. and now i like RPatz too much to say anything bad abt it .. but those who read the fourth bok while they were adult .. i can sympathisize with them .. it was gross ..lolz anyway 

so the kind of romance u r asking can be by maya banks or christine feehan .. i suppose u shd google these two names and see on amazon their book list .. u l be hooked 

i have another book u can go for .. its god of small things by arundhati roy ...its beautiful .

LoveToLaugh

Post Reply New Post

Go to top