Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi

Rubina dilaik in punar vivah 2

Posted: 10 years ago

Rubina Dilaik to play the female lead in Punar Vivah season 2

Good news for Rubina Dilak fans.

The lovely and effervescent lady, who displayed her acting skills in Choti Bahu season 1 and 2 (Zee TV), has been signed by Shashi Sumeet Mittal Productions Pvt Ltd to play the female lead in Punar Vivah season 2.

Punar Vivah season 1 is all set to end and its current leads, Gurmeet Choudhary and Kratika Sengar will not be seen in the following season.
The maker has decided to bring in a all new plot and faces and accordingly has been auditioning to find the apt actors.

Sara Khan and Angad Hasija went for the mock shoot but things did not materialise. Karan V Grover being a part of the project has been already flashed in the media and Tellychakkar.com wrote about Shrishty Rode being signed on for Punar Vivah season 2.

However, the hunt for the female lead was on and many names were tossed in the air as probable contenders, which included Aamna Sharif, Ankita Lokhande and Ashima Bhalla.

News that has just come in is that none of the above names managed to get a final nod. And it's none other than Rubina who has signed on the dotted line and will begin shooting soon.

We got in touch with her. Said Rubina: "Zee TV has always been a preference for me after Choti Bahu. Yes, talks are on for Punar Vivah and things really look positive. However, I have not got thumbs up from the channel, today and tomorrow being weekend. I am looking for an answer on Monday. It will be great to be back with Zee TV if things fall into place."

Punar Vivah 2 hits screens from May 20 (2013).

Edited by radev_no1fan - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sonia871 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Yes read in pv forum! I do nt like the channel and 1st season of this show! But i like karan and our rubi is our best..so let us see.
ashna26 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Lol remember a post of yours where you said Rubina in PV 2 . Seems it is possible. I hope they change the name of the show somehow, not call it a season 2, as it is totally new cast.  
Hope it works out for Rubina she seems excited.I really missed her on tv.
ruxarlakhani23 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
dont like zee aftr wht they did to avina..
Originally posted by: ashna26

Lol remember a post of yours where you said Rubina in PV 2 . Seems it is possible. I hope they change the name of the show somehow, not call it a season 2, as it is totally new cast.  

Hope it works out for Rubina she seems excited.I really missed her on tv.

Yes i mentioned rubina with karan in punar vivah 2 in my previous post:

Shocked that it can actually happen now rubina in punar vivah but they are saying it is not season 2 and it won't be called that just the tagline will be change to naahi umeed
deepa1122 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Looks like zee is ok with Rubina good luck to her hope they test her better this time around
But I want Avinash show to come out first
fatssrilanka thumbnail
Originally posted by: radev_no1fan

Shocked that it can actually happen now rubina in punar vivah but they are saying it is not season 2 and it won't be called that just the tagline will be change to naahi umeed

I'm not hapy with this idea.Looks like Zee very keen to cash in Rubina's popularity.
ashna26 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: radev_no1fan

I mean change the name of the show, as there must be other words for PV. As I can understand the fans of the show must be hurt. I wouldn't want other cast in Choti Bahu other season  too.  You have another cast why just rename the show, no reason to keep the name. Hope they do, so I feel I'm watching a new show. Hope the makers are smart, and change the name.
-RohitMaxwell- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
🥳 wow i'm so happy... 🥳
-RohitMaxwell- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: ashna26

I mean change the name of the show, as there must be other words for PV. As I can understand the fans of the show must be hurt. I wouldn't want other cast in Choti Bahu other season  too.  You have another cast why just rename the show, no reason to keep the name. Hope they do, so I feel I'm watching a new show. Hope the makers are smart, and change the name.

Everything is different from the plot to characterization... only the name as ZEE wants to establish Punar VIVAH AS A BRAND... i watched previous season,wasn't sure to catch next one... but Ruby in,, surely gonna watch it,, ðŸ˜³