Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: sohara

Episode-126

Baichan hai, khosh nahi hai, to shadi kyu kar rahi hai? aisa faisla liya hai kyu, ke bad mein pachtana pare.Khosh nahi hai to sagai kiyu ki? kis ne kaha tha ha karne ke liye? kisne zabardasti kya tha kya? jisse pyaar nahi karti, jiske sath rehenahi sakti uske sath pure zindegi kaise bitayegi.
translation: if she is disquiet,not happy, then why she is marrying? why she took such decision, that can make her repent later? if she is not happy then why she got engaged? who told her to say yes? did anybody force her? whom she doesn't love, with whom she can't live, how cum she spend her whole life with?

Arnav said these for Khushi. He knows the exact reason of Khushi's sadness. he is sure that, she doesn't love her fiance. but isn't it vice a versa? isn't he doing the same? Going to marry somebody whom he doesn't love. If he knows love is so important to lead a conjugal life then how cum he is marrying La?. Forget about Khushi, by doing it he is not only destroying his life, but destroying La's life as well. 

Two sisters are enjoying their moments, talking about fairy tales, prince, princess and the dream wedding. But Khushi is ambiguous about the existence of the prince of her dream, "asli duniya mei Raaj kumar kaha milte hai?'  For a while both sisters get lost thinking about their prince charming. Khushi thinks of Arnav and Payal thinks of Akash. " in real world where can you get that prince, in real world prince only shows his anger" Arnav's thought pulsates Khushi.  "if you get such prince in real life, but who knows, he will be in your fate or not. A prince only marry a princess." Payal knows despite of Akash's love he can't be hers. Khushi thinks their childhood was rather better, cause they neither knew the truth, nor knew the bitterness of life. Her mind goes back to her prince again.  Payal thinks whether she is talking about Shyam and Khushi thinks whether Payal is talking about Abhishek, Payal's first fiance. they are quite oblivious about their real prince charming. don't worry girls, you will also get your prince soon.

Anjali is incredulous. she is telling Arnav about Khushi's restlessness. why khushi was so upset today? she found her disquiet while talking to her fiance. She also asks him whether he also noticed something wrong or not. Arnav picks her words, and speaks out about Khushi's state of mind unknowingly. he knows why Khushi is sad, he knows he doesn't love her fiance. Anjali gets confused to hear this from his mouth, "why are you talking like this chote?" (pause: Why Anjali didn't think that, how cum he knew the state of her mind or why he was so concerned about her? Her bro who is so rigid and indifferent to people and moreover who was so acrimonious to khushi till now, how became so aware of her sadness?)He controls his emotions immediately, "di I'm fine. plz leave me alone for some times." He gets immersed in deep thought again, "whom don't you love, how do you think to spend your whole life with him." His own words are echoing in his ears. he convulses inwardly for both himself and Khushi as well.

Khushi is forlorn, thinking about Arnav, "everybody is so happy to know about your marriage, how cum you are not?" Shyam's call brings her back from her reverie. he talks about the wedding dress and the jewelry. Khushi can't even look in his eyes. She looks very repulsive with him. He brought a bracelet for her. When he holds her hand and put it around her wrist, Khushi cringes inwardly, as if she is feeling filthy at his touch. eww I was also felt disgusted. Shyam begs her an apology  not to take her out on the next day. But wishes to take her on the following day. Khushi is still reluctant, still not looking at him at all. He can see Khushi's indifference, so he requests her to go with him as a friend. Khushi gets lost in Arnav again, "you got engaged? how? why didn't you feel the importance to tell it to me? why it matters to you. it matters, cause.?" his possessive words echoing in her ears. She is not listening what Shyam is saying. The tempest in her heart assimilates the strong wind outside heralding the arrival of the upcoming storm.

The outside storm pulsates Arnav's inner turbulence as well. "You can not make me wear the ring. it's my engagement ring." Arnav is preoccupied with Khushi's thought, quite oblivion of La's excitement about their honeymoon. When La notices his insouciance, she gets upset and leaves him alone.I think La is realizing gradually that he doesn't love La and not interested to her at all.

When Khushi comes to RM, she meets Arnav first at the hallway. Arnav remembers what Anjali talked about Khushi's sadness. He tries to contemplate her. Her face sure has a woebegone expression, she is not in her usual delectable state. He seems wants to talk to her, but she  just passes him and goes to Anjali where the ladies were selecting saree for Anjali's date. Anjali likes the saree what Khushi picked for her,  it's her hubby's favorite color. Anjali notices Khushi is still forlorn. She was about to ask something, when Khushi's bracelet gets stuck with the gota of the saree. La notices the bracelet, "wow, your fiance gifted to you?" Arnav overhears it. La says that her fiance confiscated her by putting the ring in her left hand and putting the bracelet on her right hand, how romantic!" Arnav gets infuriated hearing this.(pause: La is talking too much about her fiance nowadays. it seems like she is feeling secure now.😆) Anjali stares at Khushi keenly and finds she is still pensive.

Khushi receives Anjali's call as per her request. It's Shyam who is apologizing and cajoling Anjali with mellifluous words. Khushi gets embroiled hearing his voice, "aap kaun?.(who are you?)" shyam gets alert to hear khushi's voice. Lucky Shyam, didn't have to answer her, as Anjali comes and takes the phone from her hand. Anjali confirms her date. Khushi is precarious, "this voice sounds so familiar."

Anjali asks Khushi enthusiastically, that what is the date of Khushi's marriage and when she gonna start shop for her wedding? she wants to help her in wedding shopping. When she sees Khushi's reluctance she asks her, if she is happy with the wedding or not, cause she has been seeing her depressed since yesterday. She begs an apology to ask such personal question, but tells her cordially that as she considers herself as her elder sister, she thinks it's her duty to know she is happy or not! how sweet of her. Bro gives wound and sis tries to heal the wound. I really love this Anjali, just a perfect big sis. The new HP intervenes that nani wants to talk to Anjali about the guest list. but Anjali needs to talk to Khushi as well. Khushi actually is not ready to talk about it. so she avoids to answer.

Khushi is sauntering slowly thinking of Anjali and Arnav's words "you are not looking happy." The bracelet gets unhooked and falls on the ground. when she gets down to pick it, another hand picks it instead, "next time tell your fiance not to give you such cheap gift." Arnav says scathingly with his lips curling derisively When he passes her she replies poignantly "it makes no difference to me whether it cheap or expensive." He stops and without turning back he says disdainfully, "it should matter, cause cheap stuff breaks fast."  He turns and taunts her "kabhi aisa na ho, jisko tum rais samajh ke fasaya koi ye bracelet ki tarah saste na ho.(what if it happens that, whom you trapped thinking as rich man, turns cheap like this bracelet." she also turns to answer his taunt, "you don't have to be worry for the bank balance of my fiance. cause he is very rich in the way, what things  matter to me." she turns to leave, but he stops her, "if you are so sure, then why you are looking so upset?" Khushi says tersely, "leave my matter. cause you will never understand me. But your bank balance is quite heavy, then how cum you are so restless? you should ask this question to yourself that why are you so unhappy? and the matter with me  is I'm very happy." she picks her bracelet and intends to go. Arnav grits his teeth in anger, starts to talk further, but can't speak as nani calls her.

Arnav comes to nani's room where all the ladies are discussing about the marriage preparation. Anjali calls somebody to  invite for the engagement function.. Arnav recollects how Khushi pointed out his sadness. He snatches the phone from Anjali's ear and cuts the call, He says gruffly "This engagement will not take place one month later. " Khushi who was coming to nani's room jolts in his words. Arnav resumes, "the engagement will take place tomorrow." all of them get flummoxed. La is incredulous, "ASR are you joking? " Arnav resents at her, "do I ever do?" Anjali gets panicked, 'how cum so many arrangement will happen in such a short time?" Arnav says grimly, 'just get two rings and let's exchange it. " Anjali tries to make him understand that an engagement is not just about exchanging ring. It's his engagement, there are lot of customs are related to this occasion and there should be someone from La's family as well.. nani also agrees with anjali. she reminds them about the mahurat. Arnav is adamant, 'If I decided to marry then, what does it matter with the date?" Arnav is indignant, "I don't understand your words. when I was not ready to marry, you all were unhappy. now, when I agreed to marry, you still are unhappy. To go against my decision has become the fashion of the house?"  Khushi perturbs hearing this. She knows he took this subitaneous decision to punish her. Mami agrees to go with his decision. Anajli is still upset, trying to coax him. But Arnav is obdurate, 'this engagement will happen tomorrow or will never happen." he strides across the room with gigantic steps, but doesn't forget to  stop near Khushi, who was standing by the door. he looks at her assiduously, she also looks at him intently.  he wants to threat her by his looks that, watch out I'm gonna marry La in front of your nose. let's see, does it make any difference to you or not.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8gguVUSd7A4[/YOUTUBE]
credit goes to R.VALI

hi sohara,

that was a stormy episode and your take portrayed the storm so well, the underlined pink para beautifully written. especially the line about the tempest within her assimilating the wind that heralded the upcoming storm. very nice. have started reading your pithy takes... you kept such good pace, fantastic.

aamir18 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
What really bothered me about this though, is that they satirized it. They made the entire situation funny, and suicide is NOT a funny subject. Someone from my high school killed himself, and seeing an empty desk where a kid had sat just a day ago is mortifying. You simply cannot make a joke out of people dying. If they were going to have Khushi commit suicide to get TRPs, they should have had the basic decency to make it a serious and even informative topic. 

Sorry for barging in! I've been a silent stalker for a while and I looove these threads, and I thought to get some guts and make a comment at last. ðŸ˜†

Originally posted by: indi52

^^^ sohara,

that playing around with suicide is dangerous. i so so afgree.

26 may sunday,  a friend's daughter attended my daughter's bat mitzvah party with her husband, sister, parents. i met them. they all had a good time... on wednesday, this girl just walked away from the whole family saying, i'll be back in a second, and threw herself to her death from their 18th floor apartment.

it is still ringing inside me, this fact. imagine what it is doing to her parents, her husband of less than two years, her only sister.

this mushiness over suicide is just plain wrong. a certain callousness in our serial writers and production houses... greedy as they are for "masala" and trp. but this... unpardonable... that khushi suicide scene was so so so not needed. i am glad, asr didn't fall at her feet and say "can't live without you, " after that.

death is a reality. i don't say we run away from it... but suicide should be handled only if it is an integral part of story.

DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: aamir18

What really bothered me about this though, is that they satirized it. They made the entire situation funny, and suicide is NOT a funny subject. Someone from my high school killed himself, and seeing an empty desk where a kid had sat just a day ago is mortifying. You simply cannot make a joke out of people dying. If they were going to have Khushi commit suicide to get TRPs, they should have had the basic decency to make it a serious and even informative topic. 

Sorry for barging in! I've been a silent stalker for a while and I looove these threads, and I thought to get some guts and make a comment at last. ðŸ˜†

Hello aamir18, Welcome to the BFTP. Glad to know that you've been stalking the thread. Please, do barge in always. 😊 

The suicide track was handled very irresponsibly in IPK. It is a very sensitive issue. Should have been handled delicately.

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
hi aamir,

good to see you here. wish the topic were happier. that empty desk. must have been really difficult.

you are right, making suicide comedy was callousness and bad writing at a different level altogether.

do jump in whenever you like. the thread is open and we love to go nuts over ipk. as you can see.
BarunDiwani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: aamir18

Hi Zitni, great to see you here,

I think we discussed this on another thread before too and agreed on the same.. the Khushi suicide track is to date one of my  most unforgivable tracks, and i think it is b/c it was not needed first of all and b/c how carelessly the handled it with comedy irked me even more.

Indi, I"m sorry to hear about your friends daughter, I too lost a wonderful family friend years ago to suicide and seen first hand how his family has suffered. His wife remarried, gave the kids away to his side of the family. so the seriousness of it just can't be messed with. and yes, so happy Arnav didn't become a puddle of emotions b/c of it...he lost his mother to suicide, of course Khushi didn't know that at the time but imagine him almost losing his love the same way? 

Sohara, loved all you had to say and agree with all of it!!
cinthiann1758 thumbnail

Originally posted by: DurgaS

Cynthia, I missed this post. Thank you so much for the wishes and blessings. 😃 ðŸ¤— Sorry for the late reply.

Durga I have to say I was almost in a panic thinking I didn't wish you.  Thank G-d I did! Hope your birthday was wonderful like you are my dear!
DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: cinthiann1758

Durga I have to say I was almost in a panic thinking I didn't wish you.  Thank G-d I did! Hope your birthday was wonderful like you are my dear!

It was Cynthia. One of my best in many years. The main reason being all of you and your lovely, beautiful wishes. And then, my work being appreciated by so many. Trust me, haven't been happier on my birthday for years. 😃 Thank you to all of you for making my birthday so special. 🤗  Oh, I think I should thank IPK too, majorly, because of which we all are here. 😳 
Edited by DurgaS - 10 years ago