Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

peaches thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Originally posted by: sree_20

Before I begin to write my view points on this topic, I would like to thank all the members who have given their input on this topic. I must tell you all that the replies were simply great, one exceeding the other.

I would like to give a special mention to the replies by Akshata. Tremendous analysis, very thoughtful, I must say. Keep it up, Akshata.

This topic as Anjali puts it, "Nature Vs. Nurture" is very debateable.According to me, a child inherits some qualities, some mannerisms from parents. But it is also true that the child gains from the environment in which it grows. So I would say that it is a Mixture of both "Nature" and "Nurture".

In general, if you see a child or a grown-up, you can indentify in his /her face, a resemblance to either of the parents. The child might have acquired certain mannerisms from them, it may be anything - standing style, walking style, way of speaking, likes and dislikes with regard to food ....the list is endless.

I would at this point, like to tell you all something about me. I have a unique style of holding my pen or pencil while writing. Unique in the sense, many of my friends, who have noticed this, have burst into laughter. But, to tell you the real truth, my father holds his pen the same way I hold it. So do you all think that I have copied this minute stylefrom my father? The answer is NO. This has just come in me, my parents noticed this similaritiy in our writing style when I was in my Std 6...This is just a very small example thro' which I want to tell you all that "Certain Qualities can be inherited".

Now i will move on to the real Topic of Discussion.

I would list out certain characteristic traits in AStha and Sia and then compare them to their parents.

The Wavery Nature of Astha: Astha wants to become a doctor just because Simran is a doctor. She has promised her mother that that she will one day, become a doctor. But, to become a doctor, one needs to put in lot of hard work. But Astha, a playful character as she is, wants to enjoy life. She is not serious about her studies. She always makes up her mind to study well, attend classes, read in the library. But she then thinks otherwise, does not keep upto what she has thought.
THis wavery nature in Astha has come from her father Abhi who also suffered from this. He married Simran, then went to Kiran, repented forleaving Simran, wanted Simran back, married Neha. So he never had his prorities straight on marriage.

Astha not Understanding Situations: Astha after knowing the truth that Simran is not her mother, could have calmed down, understood Simran's viewpoint. But she never did that. She got wild at a woman who devoted 18 long years forher.
Abhi also messed up many situations because of his immaturity. To talk of the worst, he allowed Neha to brood over the fact that he was more friendly ans caring for Simran.
If only Abhi had the maturity, he could have clearly bridged between Friendship for Simran and Love,Affection for Neha. This line between Friendship and Love is very thin, but one should be very clear in drawing this line. Abhi did not do this, did not understand the situation , thus lost Neha.

The Impulsive, Insecure Nature of Astha: Astha has been brought up by Simran in a very pampered way. One thing, Astha has known in life is that, she should be loved by all. When she saw Simran caring for Divya at first, then Sia, Astha lost her cool, felt insecure and jealous.
This attitude , she has inherited from her mother, Neha who was a very insecure character. She was very insecure before marriage because she had a mentally unstable mother, then, she was a very insecure wife, always used to have the fear of Abhi going away to Simran.

Astha is very impulsive in her reactions. She always has the attitude of jumping into conclusions without analysing things. She behaved very rudely with Simran after she got to know that Simran is not her mother.
Neha, her mother, also did the same thing. She could have analysed the Abhi-Simran issue in a better way, talked her heart out in a cool and composed manner to Abhi. She did not do it and was very impulsive in whatever she did.

Now I would move on to Sia.

Liking for Photography, Books: Sia has a liking for photography. She loves to read books. She gets so involved reading those books that she remembers the writings in the books she has read.
Abhi was a fashion photographer, so Sia has inherited that trait from her father. Abhi used to write columns in papers, now writes books. So the intellectual mind to read and understand human relationships has come to Sia from Abhi.

Great Level of Maturity, Sensibility, Determination, Dedication: Sia at her tender age, is so mature, has her priorities set. Though she reacted rudely to Archana once she knew about her truth, she quickly analysed the issue, told Archana some soothing words that she is her mother.
Sia is able to advise anyone, be it Simran, AStha, Sid. She shows a high level of maturity, sensibility.
She has inherited this from Simran who was very mature from a small age. Simran had her priorities set, wanted to do service as a doctor, achieved it. The same levl of dedication and determination can also be seen in Sia. Sia was determined to ctach her friends' killers. She did it. So, Sia, like Simran, knows the art of setting targets in life and achieving them.

So with this comparison, I say that AStha has taken up all the worst qualities from her parents. Though there weer certain nice qualities in Neha and Abhi, AStha has inherited a set of bad qualities from her parents.
Sia on the other hand, has taken up only the good qualities of her parents, Abhi and Simran and not inherited the bad or negative qualities in them.

Sree!  Very well said.

There is one point in you post that I throughly disagree with.  Astha might have gone after Neha and Abhi, but I can't say that she's has all of there "negative" qualities.

For one, Astha can't see any injustice happening, so she may react harshly and take drastic measures, but her heart is in the right place.  This can't be negative.  This was Abhi's quality as well.

Her actions may be considerend bad or negative, but that doesn't necessaryly mean that she has "bad or negative" qualities.

Compare to SIA, she is very emotional.  She thinks through her heart, not her head, but agian , that doesnt mean SIA is a better person than the other.

Astha should not be blamed for how she feels or reacts.  To a certain extent, I can understand how she's feeling.  Her reality was hidden from her for so many years.  She was raised by her mother, and with out a father.  Now all of a sudden, she finds out by chance that she is not Simran's daughter.  She feel all alone in this world.  To add to that, Radha who is her actual Nani feeds her will all the other crap, it's only natural to reach that way.  She finds out that her real mother died because of Simran.  Who can she trust??  What would any of us do in this situation?

We as an audiance know what Simran is all about and how she loves Astha, but for her prespective, it's going to take time for her to understand the reality.

Sia has the same feeling too, otherwise why would she insist on looking for her real mother, even after she realizes her mother and Nani love her so much.

The only difference is that SIA thinks with her head and Astha with her heart.

But I believe no quality or aspect of a person's life is bad or negative....only thoughts and actions are.  It's all in the prespective and circumstances.  

Sree, I hope this was not too offending to you.  This was my prespective on the matter.

Thanks

Texan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Astha reacted quite rashly and immaturely, saying she no longer wanted to talk to Simran or anyone that had raised her that was not biologically related to her. At times, Neha was also a bit rash and immature, acting immediately on her feelings

TO THAT COMMENT MADE FROM A MEMBER ABOVE I WOULD LIKE TO ADD MY OWN COMMENTS SEE BELOW

How can you make that comment when Neha lived through some hell 😑when her lunatic husband Abi😑 never spoke to her but always screamed at her.

He took out all his problems on poor Neha and she took all that from that lunatic.  I would of gave lunatic (abi) some HELL and kicked him out of my life.  Simiran ain't that wonderful.........she was all over in their relationship (neha's & lunatic aka Abi).  Lunatic's parents are also lunatic giving that child away to this women (simran) who really bough about the death of Neha.  I know that Radha is crazy but one thing she says is true "Simrin killed Neha"

Texan thumbnail

I really like the Character Astha even though she got on my nerve at first.  She is just having fun and should give up becoming a doctor and do something she can use her fun loving personality.  She can go into TV or Movies............

Sia needs to get rid of her wig and stop visiting Anand (her father ) and stop day dreaming about him.........VOMIT.........

Texan thumbnail

HOW CAN ALL OF YALL JUST CALL ABI BEING JUST IMATURE.........HE WAS IN HIS THIRTIES AND YOU CALL HIM IMMATURE.  TO ME HE WAS JUST AN IDIOT WHO WAS A LUNATIC............DID YALL FORGET HE JUST SCREAMED AT NEHA.  NEHA WAS JUST A HELPLESS TIMID BUT LOVING YOUNG LADY. 

scorpio_pk thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Very well said Texan ! πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

I totally agree with you .. πŸ‘πŸΌ
sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Peaches, a very good point indeed, very well thought...

I meant to say that Astha had all negative qualities from her parents because in her, these negative traits overshone her postitve ones. Yes, I do agree that Astha does not like injustice. But ,I would like to mention another thing wherein she just did not think and analyse the situation and just rushed with a khulaadi at that professor who misbehaved with that girl. This is what i call her Impulsive behaviour. Here, though she is fighting for a good cause, her acts are just nullified beacuse she reacts in a wrong way to them. One cannot just do anything saying i am fighting for justice. There is a way of doing each thing.

Yes, I do agree that Astha is nice by heart, has some good qualities. But these qualities are overtaken by her bad traits and thus are not visible clearly....

Peaches, a very good discussion, indeed.

peaches thumbnail
Originally posted by: Texan

Astha reacted quite rashly and immaturely, saying she no longer wanted to talk to Simran or anyone that had raised her that was not biologically related to her. At times, Neha was also a bit rash and immature, acting immediately on her feelings

TO THAT COMMENT MADE FROM A MEMBER ABOVE I WOULD LIKE TO ADD MY OWN COMMENTS SEE BELOW

How can you make that comment when Neha lived through some hell 😑when her lunatic husband Abi😑 never spoke to her but always screamed at her.

He took out all his problems on poor Neha and she took all that from that lunatic.  I would of gave lunatic (abi) some HELL and kicked him out of my life.  Simiran ain't that wonderful.........she was all over in their relationship (neha's & lunatic aka Abi).  Lunatic's parents are also lunatic giving that child away to this women (simran) who really bough about the death of Neha.  I know that Radha is crazy but one thing she says is true "Simrin killed Neha"

Hi Texan,

I don't think it is fair to say that Simran killed Neha.  Granted, Simran did interfere in their business, but Neha brought on her own complications.

Abhi is as much as fault as Simran is.  No one can intefere in your business or be the third wheel in your life if don't allow it.  If Abhi kept his marriage private and defined his limts to Simran, I'm sure this day would have never come.

What about Neha's faults?  She made a choice.  She new what her husbands's situation was.  She new very well that Abhi still had a soft spot for Simran and may be vice versa.  Technically speaking, Abhi did not cheat on Neha, he may have taken her for granted but he did break any rules as such.  Yes, there was an emotional element with Simran, but Neha knew this from day 1.  So what did she think, "oh after Abhi and I get married he will forget about Simran and his friendship with her".  That was her misconception.

I can't say that it is all Simran's faulth.  The three of them are the cause of their own down fall.

Simran- for letting Abhi go to Neha, and then hanging on to him

Abhi- for marrying Neha in a confused state and then still being close to Simran

Neha-for knowing the truth and still insisting on marrying Abhi.

Just my thoughts.

Texan thumbnail

Thanks Peaches you are correct but I want people too look at it honestly.

Please see my note on Topic: GOOD GOD GUYS πŸ‘!!!!!!!!!!

innocentindian thumbnail
Originally posted by: Texan

Thanks Peaches you are correct but I want people too look at it honestly.

Please see my note on Topic: GOOD GOD GUYS πŸ‘!!!!!!!!!!

do u have the link to this texan?

peacestead thumbnail
I also believe that both genes and your environment play a role in shaping your personality. Twins who have been seperated at birth and have been raised by two different sets of parents often have alot of characteristics that are commom.. Now coming to Astha and Sia , both in their own ways are loving and kind girls. Astha like simran  is someone who would not stand for injustice of any kind eg standing up for her friend who was being exploited by the teacher, Sia too has a strong sense of justice , it is for that very reason that she came to india to seek justice for her murdered friends. I think the difference is in their maturity levels, there is a quiet grace in sias maturity much like her mother simran and there is an impulsiveness and jumping to conclusions in asthas case the same we found to be present in Neha.How they deal with the situations they are presented with is where both sia and astha differ, we all know that Astha was really pampered by simran, at the same time archana although attained sia in a most devious manner still brought her up with alot of love and affection, both girls did not miss out on love and affection and attention , where sia understands her mom archana and appreciates what she has done for her astha has completely gone over the edge, in a minute she forgot what simran has done for her and came into a self pity mode blaming everyone for her perdicament. Sia on the other hand knowing that her mom sold her is still handling it with grace and dignity and is trying to find a solution and the reason behind her own perdicament, she is not playing victim but is helping herself to find answers. At the same time Sia has not lost her humanity and empathy and feels strongly for both simran and astha, inspite of her own problems she is trying to help astha and comfort simran. Just blaming someone as astha is doing without analysing the reasons behind it is a sure sign of immaturity, in this way she has completely lost empathy for simran and can not with an open mind understand or visualize how much love simran has given her, she is too judgemental and has already judged, tried and convicted simran in her own mind. Sia functions on a broader perspective, she wants to know the reasons, the compulsions behind her moms selling her, she wants to try and understand as to how a mother could do that to her own child, she probably resents her mom too but is willing to give her mom a chance to explain and underrstand her circumstances.Sia is goal oriented and does what she wants to do with her full mind and heart in it unlike astha who wants to become a doctor just to please her mom.Astha often is impulsive and doesnt think too much before  she acts and that is why she succumbed to the temptation of getting the stolen exam paper in this regard she is alot like abhay. Both are passionate and impulsive and have little regard for the consequences of their actions.Both sia and astha do suffer from a father fixation but sia never did have a solid male role model in her life hence her reaction to abhays attention, astha did have her nanu but in a typically spoilt brat manner is just possessive about sid. I think this maturity and line of thinking is the reason why sid has fallen in love with sia, in astha he sees a clingy,immature child in sia he sees a strong and mature woman who inspite of the incidents in her own life is still willing to balance things out and even offer a helping hand to astha and simran.Astha at this stage is thinking only about herself while sia is thinking of her own life and also the other people in her life .